Livingston v Falkirk - Scottish Cup

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Livingston v Falkirk - Scottish Cup

Post by kent brockman » Friday 19th 2018f January 2018 04:51:32 PM

Following a pitch inspection, the match is OFF.

It has been rescheduled for Tuesday 23rd January at 7.45pm
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Livingston v Falkirk - Scottish Cup

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 20th 2018f January 2018 11:19:01 PM

Was working today, might be convinced to go. :hammer:
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 21st 2018f January 2018 05:28:38 PM

fortmartine or cove rangers away for the winners of this tie.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 21st 2018f January 2018 06:47:47 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Sunday 21st 2018f January 2018 05:28:38 PM
fortmartine or cove rangers away for the winners of this tie.
A good chance to get to the quarter finals if we can see off the franchise. We could do with a money spinning cup run.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 12:38:07 AM

Lets go for it!

----------------------Thomson--------------------------
----Tumilty----McGhee----Grant-----Robson----
---------Kidd------Taiwo----Sibbald--------------
------------------Longridge-----------------------
-------Jakubiak------------Nelson--------------

never happen :(
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 10:29:24 AM

John Markie wrote:
Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 12:38:07 AM
Lets go for it!

----------------------Thomson--------------------------
----Tumilty----McGhee----Grant-----Robson----
---------Kidd------Taiwo----Sibbald--------------
------------------Longridge-----------------------
-------Jakubiak------------Nelson--------------

never happen :(
Thank god your not the manager! :lol:

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 11:20:20 AM

Just been passing by their ground, and the pitch (the bit I could see)is awash with surface water. Be amazed if it goes ahead.

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 06:26:05 PM

Agreed. Torrential rain in Edinburgh. If it’s the same a short distance away the game will be off. It’s chucking down here.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 06:54:55 PM

LFC official twitter very confident there will be no issues with the game being on.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 06:58:58 PM

Ranaldo Bairn wrote:
Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 06:54:55 PM
LFC official twitter very confident there will be no issues with the game being on.
Yeah, reading the same media. Depends how much water the pitch will take. Weather update here in Edinburgh is the rain has stopped for now.

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 07:08:34 PM

Livvy just posted the match advert again on Twitter 5 mins ago. I guess the games on....

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 07:58:08 PM

They are claiming the pitch is in “very good condition”. Knowing that mob, the cynic in me says they need the gate revenue to make payroll this month.

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by kent brockman » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 10:36:29 PM

FT Livingston 0 - 1 Falkirk
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Livingston v Falkirk - Scottish Cu

Post by Ricey » Tuesday 23rd 2018f January 2018 11:48:26 PM

Great result, awful game. Great to get the late late winner even if we scarcely deserved it. Longridges brother should have seen red for an awful challenge on Taiwo and it’s a concern if Tommy again spends time on the sidelines. Still a lot of major deficiencies in that side and remain to be convinced in many of Hartley signings Robson aside however want to enjoy the fact we are through to the next stage

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Wednesday 24th 2018f January 2018 12:06:17 AM

Pretty brutal stuff, both from the teams in terms of quality and from Livvi in thugish violence. How Livvi's Longridge remained on the park after the leg breaking tackle on Taiwo late on, only the incompetent fool in the middle knows. One of his many awful decisions on the night where football was in short supply. Livvi's tactics were simple - blooter the ball up the park and hunt for scraps, hope for set pieces and get the 5 giants at the back inside the opposition box to create havoc. It almost worked as we had a few close shaves with a couple kicked clear inside the 6 yard box and we never really got the ball down and played proper football like we can, but every time we did they just didn't have a clue how to handle it. It was a shame that the midfield wasn't at its best and the wing backs seemed reluctant to get forward in the first half, but second half they did make a difference, but only Sibbs was getting close enough to the front two to be a threat. But in truth it was an awful game, really only giving us entertainment in the form of slapstick from a truly incompetent referee. We won having had the better of the second half, courtesy of a deflected side foot from Tumilty (I think) which bobbled up over Alexander.

Awful game, nearly everyone under par with a few exceptions.

Thomson 5/10. Poor again, coming for free kicks when he should have stayed, staying when he should have come. Painful to watch his total lack of thought in his distribution.

Tumilty 5/10. Came into the game 2nd half, but didn't show much adventure 1st half. Can't argue with the goal, being up in support so late on.
Muirhead 6/10. One of his better performances, although some of his passes and set playes just make you wonder how he gets a game. Better than normal.
Grant 6/10. Won everything in the air, but distribution as terrible as ever. Made some decent tackles.
McGhee 5/10. Very disappointed with him tonight, although he did break forward and really the only one of the back 3 to sally forth - but his end product was on a par with Grants - so awful. Missed a few tackles tonight and looked a wee bit pedestrian getting back into position. Disappointing.
Robson 8/10. My MotM. Fantastic wee player showing invention, endeavour and adventure in his attacking play. Also did excellently in defence.

Kidd 4/10. just never got going. Tried to keep the rythm up but all too often just played the ball into an already congeted area. Not a night he'll look back on with much pride.
Taiwo 8/10. Excellent performance from him again. Covered every blade of grass sweeping up danger before it reached the back three. Only just missed out being my MotM.
Sibbald 7/10. Tried so, so hard to get us going, and yet simply was crowded out and fouled every time he got the ball - not that the ref gave any of these fouls. Just unlucky tonight where he tried hard but really very little came off.

Longridge 7/10. Once again a terrific amount of effort in his play and his driving runs. Just not his night where we got so far then we had no one running through to support him, so he ended up too isolated. Decision making not great.
Nelson 6/10. Should have opened his account tonight when clean through with only the keeper to beat and he bottled it completely. Just trying too hard, but never really managed to link up with anyone tonight.

Subs
Blair 4/10. Not up to the speed of the game and missed a few key tackles. He looked lethargic and slow.
McKee 5/10. Not really convincing, but positioned himself well. Looks short on confidence.
Jakubiak 5/10. Put in plenty effort and looks like he might be useful, but clearly needs game time.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 24th 2018f January 2018 12:11:55 AM

If I never see another game V Livi, it will be too soon.
Thought it couldn't be as bad as the LC game, & lo and behold, it was.
Utterly dire, dog rubbish of a game. That this time we got the better of.
I had that down for a replay, ET & pens, at HT. It was so poor.
That it took a deflected shot, that was going wide, says it all.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Wednesday 24th 2018f January 2018 01:09:53 AM

For all the weather worries I’m glad I went. Not quite slitting my wrists like Alba and Skiddy, but I agree the game was poor. Reminded me of the Betfred where they sucked us in to their punt and rush game, and it happened again tonight. However, when we did try to pass we looked ok. The big difference to the Betfred game was our desire and fight, which was non existent under Houston. This time we fought to the death and got the goal our effort deserved. Great to see the Franchise players gutted at the end, couldn’t happen to a more deserving team. Good celebrations with our players and fans at the end too. Jakubiak and Blair need game time, as does McKee. No failures tonight as we’re through beating a tricky team. Bring on the Highland league team and a great chance to reach the quarter finals. Fancy a cup run.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Wednesday 24th 2018f January 2018 02:45:11 PM

Just for those who don't know, if Formartine win, the game will be in Pitmedden - very low capacity and not a lot of seats/cover. If Cove win, then who knows where the game will be played as they don't currently have a ground. They won't switch it to TFS but they have played most of their home matches in Inverurie this season, a horrendous playing surface.

They may try to move it south of Aberdeen e.g. Montrose or Brechin, but if north Peterhead would be the best option as the pitch is ok, never mind the gale force winds. Cove are favourites to beat Formartine but there is very little between them - Formartine have more ball players but Cove are more physical.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 25th 2018f January 2018 10:17:50 AM

I think this game again showed up how badly we need a bigger physical presence in the middle of the park. Every time we come across sides with bruisers like Gallacher or Wedderburn in the middle we struggle. Really dont see the need for both Blair and Welsh getting signed.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 26th 2018f January 2018 01:42:48 PM

Something my mate brought up at the game, which was a valid point.
When Taiwo go halved by Longridge, not one of our players challenged him on it, or did anything to show their anger at the player, or the challenge.
They did nothing. They all just stood about and waitied on the game restarting. Massively dissapointing from our players.
We need someone to stick up for our team, and to give as good as they get. At the moment, we are still a weak team in the spine, but I am sure Hartely knows this and will address in due course.
Here comes the doom.