Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Re: Morton (away)

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 14th 2018f January 2018 01:18:55 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Sunday 14th 2018f January 2018 11:22:28 AM
a corner has definitely been turned. 3 wins in 5 games compared to 1 win in the previous 16 games.
My thoughts too. The team needs to gel more with the new players and need consistency. Level on points with Dumbarton now and only looking up. Inverness are on the up with Morton on the slide. My concern is the wage bill. By my reckoning there were fiv full time contracted players not even in the bench: Harris, Craigen, OHara, Miller, Kerr. If they’re not adding anything then they can leave, as the squad is surely too big to sustain.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 15th 2018f January 2018 01:50:31 PM

What a great result at a hard place to win.
I would not say we have "turned the corner" until we can put two wins in a row under our belt - hopefully starting on Saturday against Meadowbank.
Win that, and yes we can say we are beginning to turn the corner.
Meadowbank have caused us all sorts of problems so far this season, so this is a massive acid test for us.
Im not going to get drawn in to the "looking forward to it" mode, as each week this season I have ever felt like that, it has followed with a poor team performance. It just sums up our season so far.
However, this new bunch of lads seems to have a different attitude, so lets see what Saturday brings.

Onwards and upwards.
COYB
Here comes the doom.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 15th 2018f January 2018 04:14:41 PM

We might not have turned the corner, but at least we are on the road with a working vehicle - not crashed into a ditch with a load of people in the back seat unwilling to help get us out of trouble.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 15th 2018f January 2018 05:10:57 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 15th 2018f January 2018 04:14:41 PM
We might not have turned the corner, but at least we are on the road with a working vehicle - not crashed into a ditch with a load of people in the back seat unwilling to help get us out of trouble.
Thats pretty graphic.......
Here comes the doom.