Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Sneck on Tuesday

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 01:03:40 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Tuesday 09th 2018f January 2018 11:11:47 PM
There surely has to be a few more that need to be unloaded ASAP.
I'm surprised there has not been a bit more activity both inward and outward, but we have a lot of dross that will be on decent contracts and difficult, if not impossible, to shift. I'd like to see the back of Thomson, Kerr, Miller, Loy, Watson, Harris and Craigen. None of these guys are a loss. At a mimimum we should be looking for a new goalkeeper, a centre half and a midfielder who actually knows his way to the oppisition box.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 10:13:38 AM

I’m not too worried about last nights result on reflection. I think Saturdays performance was far too good to just simply be a one off. That is us reaching our full potential and it clicked on Saturday. The more this team play together, the more they will get and become consistent. We have Dumbarton well within our sights now and I’m confident we will survive without a play off. Not an easy fixture on Saturday but if we play to our potential then I think we will beat them. Massive plus is Longridge was on the score sheet again which will do his confidence no harm.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 10:51:03 AM

midfield not strong enough, should have been priorty No1.

Welsh isn't the guy we need, file under Craigen - why can't managers see we need a Will Vaulks type, and if we cannot get that, get a 6ft clugger, who is athletic.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 11:06:58 AM

Agree Olaf although I think Welsh is a better player than Craigen he wasn't the type we needed. With taiwo constantly injured we're far too light weight in the middle of the park and are easily out muscled in that area. ICT have a couple of big cants in there and DA have Wedderburn but we have no one of a physical presence which you badly need on a wet Tuesday in ICT or a hard fought derby match .

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 11:48:10 AM

Wasn’t at the game last night but wonder if Taiwo was the main difference. You really need a midfield enforcer when playing 3 at the back. Never seen Welsh to know what kind of player he is but doesn’t seem like we have anyone to fill Taiwos boots if he’s out missing. Kerr doesn’t do the same job anyway.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 03:14:47 PM

Dade wrote:
Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 11:48:10 AM
Wasn’t at the game last night but wonder if Taiwo was the main difference. You really need a midfield enforcer when playing 3 at the back. Never seen Welsh to know what kind of player he is but doesn’t seem like we have anyone to fill Taiwos boots if he’s out missing. Kerr doesn’t do the same job anyway.
Could be a shout. The guy does so much work and breaks up the play, we struggle without him. Having said that he went off injured on Saturday and we scored 4 more goals. Could it be that this time just need some more time to gel and all these woes will be behind us. There are signs of it and if someone had asked me if I’d take 6 point out the next 12 just before QOS game I’d have bitten your hand off for it.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 07:56:43 PM

IMO they are the best team in the league. Move on to Greenock

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 10:09:48 PM

Back Post Misses wrote:
Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 07:56:43 PM
IMO they are the best team in the league. Move on to Greenock
What ICT????

Stay off the class A drugs
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Wednesday 10th 2018f January 2018 10:17:49 PM

They should have trolled us at TFS in the 0-0 draw. I would wager they will end up playing the Premiership Club in the playoffs.

By all accounts should have beat St.Mirren at the weekend.

Got pace, power and strength in their team. Not
Losing many goals now. The lad Oakley is a beast. Would have him in a minute.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 11:46:14 AM

Just watched the highlights. Have to say that some of our attacking play looked good although it seems quite clear that Muirhead has no clue how to play the right side of a back 3. Got caught out loads and looked totally clueless at the 1st goal. I’d drop him for Watson.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 03:02:04 PM

Keeper certainly didn't cover himself in glory on Tuesday night. Back 3 all over the place and with that being the case we really need to temper Robsons attacking forays as he's getting stuck up field when we lose the ball and that leaves hee haw cover.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 09:11:11 PM

Like a lot of folk, not entirely surprised by this pumping. Someone mentioned the sub-par bench, someone else questioned the 3 at the back changing soon, both of which are skirting the real problem - truly awful players starting the game, making one or two mistakes, and the collective will of the team evaporates. Its something having a decent captain and leader can ameliorate but when the captain is usually the worst player in the team, it makes it even harder to get the players motivated. I wonder why PH hasn't addressed this, but I suppose making Muirhead captain means he has gained Hartleys seal of approval and whatever happens, he will remain. As long as this remains to be addressed we will lose more than we will win. We need a leader on the park, and we don't have one. Balatoni looked like he could be that guy, but apparently not and I now have serious doubts about Hartleys ability to judge a good player when he sees one. There is more to it than just this issue, but it is a major problem along with the goalkeeping situation and the total lack of power and physicality in the side.

We have signed another midfielder and another forward, and hopefully this will help, but really we need players with power and pace all over the park. That should be priority one, along with finding a real leader on the park. This has been a problem really since Hughes left the playing side, and our captains have been pretty poor since then.

This is going to be season that goes right to the wire, and hopefully we will squeak 3rd bottom and avoid relegation.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....