V QOS 30/12

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

V QOS 30/12

Post by John Markie » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 01:36:29 AM

Hoping this gets postponed so we can field a competitive team in January. If not then another horrible weekend for us all. Without new blood the absolute best we can hope for is another miserable 0-0.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: V QOS 30/12

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 02:12:54 AM

Another nil points to round off a truly awful year. We wont score. Or even look like scoring. Dobbie will be made to look like Messi again and probably bag another hat trick, minimum 2. Happy New Year :beer: :beer: :beer:
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 03:11:56 PM

Is there a game on?

*shrug*
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 04:53:21 PM

Sod's law!

Decided to give this one a swerve and now I'm glued to the BBC live text as we bang in three before half-time :D
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 06:46:15 PM

Well there you got then, a first home win for PH. Was a bit baffled by formation to start with but we seemed to cope well. Once we scored first then the confidence seemed to be on the up. Would say on balance of play we deserved it although the injury to Hippo puts a downer on things looked a bad one but didn't see the actual cause.
Last time QOS ripped us a new one but never got close to doing that today.
Onwards to Tuesday then COYB

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 06:57:36 PM

Yes, very strange formation but we seem to have so many injuries and suspensions.
Thought Longridge was excellent but maybe the big difference was that Kerr wasn’t playing.
Harris is a nightmare and even managed to run the ball out of play. His attempt at a shot was hilarious.
Sorry about Hippo. It looked a bad one.
Anyway, well done.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 08:55:10 PM

As the goals went in you could almost visibly see the confidence surge through the team.
Likewise, when Queens netted for their second, you could see the confidence evaporate.
Glad they held on for the win though.
Now, onto Fife come Tuesday.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 09:22:44 PM

Was surprised to see Kidd in CM but I was impressed with him, especially in the 1st half. Kerr not playing gave me optimism and with respect I hope he’s finished. Defence were reasonably solid most of the game and goalkeeper had 1 save to make the entire game and picked the ball out the net twice. Silly foul at the end of the 1st half to give away. Longridge looked lively from the off. Had a great touch for 2nd goal to keep the move alive and what a great finish for his goal after excellent refereeing playing advantage (credit where it’s due). Taiwo was superb today. A battler in there, if he stays fit and we build around him we will be ok this season.

Harris was tragic. The boy isn’t a footballer, feel bad for the lad but his chance was a sitter and he could’ve taken 3 touches before inevitably skying it if he so wished. He needs to go. Lad is infuriating to watch.

On another note Lee Miller was in BTW having lunch pre match. Guy behind the bar said Hartley has told him he won’t play again at Falkirk. Thoughts?

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 09:31:29 PM

At last a home league win and scoring 3 goals in one half where we only manage 9 since August! Happy for the team with a solid hardworking performance and deserved win. The two quick 2nd and 3rd goals saw our confidence soaring, but still fragile with Queens coming back in. The players look to be settling in to the new 5-3-2. Special mentions to Sibbs, Taiwo and Kidd. Hope Hippo’s ok. If Miller, Loy are gone with Austin away, whose left upfront? Hartley needs to make January count starting with a new assistant manager. Great to leave the Stadium with a win though :clink:
Ps - Harris. Why?
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 09:55:40 PM

Horrible, but also fascinating and exciting (in the first half). A team still with a huge number of issues and very low confidence but somehow we managed a win. It was pretty awful to watch at times though, and the real issue I have is that the utterly useless Muirhead looks like being a permanent fixture and if rumour is correct, our best defender (Balatoni) is away. I can't understand that, but maybe its more to do with group harmony than football ability because we have Muirhead who is possibly one of the very worst players ever to wear the navy blue captaining the side today, and tweets suggest that Balatoni stormed out and says farewell to fans. Baffling.

We set up today as a pretty standard 5-3-2 and initially we looked organised if somewhat on the back foot. We get a goal from a corner, confidence flows and before you know it we are 3 up. Longridge and Sibbald totally dominant in the middle and up front, with Hippo and Taiwo along with both full backs pressing the opposition and also doing very well. Their goal just before HT was a shocker for the keeper - wall set up then Dobbie beats him at his side of the goal. Very poor from Mutch.

Second half was more even with them dominating for spells, although we at least looked threatening at times through breakaways. A lack of concentration and fatigue cost us the 2nd goal as the midfield looked done in and finally Muirheads sh1te defending was found out (although not entirely his fault). The number of times the defence just pumped the ball skywards or straight out the park were too numerous to count and if we play like this against Dunfermline we will get beat. Midfield was much stronger without the frankly terrible Kerr fcuking things up as per usual, Sibbs really showing terrific determination and deservedly won MotM. Up front with Hippo and Longridge we looked dangerous and mobile for the first time this season. However when Hippo was injured and Harris came on we had no out ball left and we panicked, inviting them on to us and gifting them possession time after time. There is still a whole lot of work required on the training ground to get that defence sorted. Moving McGhee to left back exposes us with only Watson and Grant looking up to the job in the threesome at the back. We won in the end, and deserved it, but as always we make such hard work of things.

ratings
Mutch 5/10. At fault for the 1st goal and his kicking is as bad as the others. At least his handling was ok today.

Muirhead 2/10. As poor a centre back as he is a full back, probably even more so because his mistakes cost goals instead of chances. He did one thing right in the first half getting back to nip the ball away from Dobbie, but otherwise he was terrible in every aspect of the game.
Watson 7/10. Excellent game, again solid and dependable if somewhat uninspiring.
Grant 6/10. Won all the headers and got the goal that opened the floodgates. But his distribution is still rubbish.

Tumilty 6/10. Sh@t it 1st half and that led to a chance for them, but then got into his game and played pretty well thereafter. Doesn't have that burst of pace to get past his man, get to the line and get his crosses in though. No loss when he goes.
Kidd 7/10. Kept things simple and did his best to keep things moving at a good tempo. 100 times better than the missing Kerr (who will likely start v Dunfermline) which is no bad thing. Tired in last quarter of game.
Taiwo 8/10. Almost MotM but for the splendid performance from Sibbs. Back to somewhere near his best. Did have the odd moment of indecision and panic in 2nd half.
Sibbald 9/10. Totally outstanding midfield performance. Covered every blade of grass and made every tackle count. Showed vision and tenacity which is all we want. MotM without a doubt.
McGhee 7/10. Did ok playing in what I guess is not his favourite position. Some neat touches and good runs forward. hasn't the speed or energy to play wing back though.

Hippolyte 7/10. great awareness to score the goal and generally did some great work closing down QoS defence. Link up play could have been sharper, but a good performance after so many disappointing ones
Longridge 8/10. Fantastic non-stop game, and thoroughly deserved his goal which proved crucial in the end. Has finally found his feet and his decision making much better than of recent.

Harris 3/10. Yet another abysmal performance from this utter shytebag of a player.

I think we will struggle with this team against better opposition and still quite a few not up to standard. I assume Muirhead has naked pictures of Hartley with someone and is blackmailing him so he gets a game. There can surely be no other reason? Harris is an imposter. Tumilty is surely only a stop gap as he's poor. We need a striker and we need the midfield to start pitching in with goals too. Great result but we made it harder than it needed to be. A few need to take a look at themselves today. Its better than we've seen but nowhere near good enough. Its a first step, with bigger challenges to come.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 11:01:30 PM

Spoke to Peter Grant and his girlfriend tonight in Amodo Mio and he says Hippo is okay.
Players are UP for Dunfermline.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 11:53:05 PM

John Markie wrote:
Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 09:55:40 PM
Horrible, but also fascinating and exciting (in the first half). A team still with a huge number of issues and very low confidence but somehow we managed a win. It was pretty awful to watch at times though, and the real issue I have is that the utterly useless Muirhead looks like being a permanent fixture and if rumour is correct, our best defender (Balatoni) is away. I can't understand that, but maybe its more to do with group harmony than football ability because we have Muirhead who is possibly one of the very worst players ever to wear the navy blue captaining the side today, and tweets suggest that Balatoni stormed out and says farewell to fans. Baffling.

We set up today as a pretty standard 5-3-2 and initially we looked organised if somewhat on the back foot. We get a goal from a corner, confidence flows and before you know it we are 3 up. Longridge and Sibbald totally dominant in the middle and up front, with Hippo and Taiwo along with both full backs pressing the opposition and also doing very well. Their goal just before HT was a shocker for the keeper - wall set up then Dobbie beats him at his side of the goal. Very poor from Mutch.

Second half was more even with them dominating for spells, although we at least looked threatening at times through breakaways. A lack of concentration and fatigue cost us the 2nd goal as the midfield looked done in and finally Muirheads sh1te defending was found out (although not entirely his fault). The number of times the defence just pumped the ball skywards or straight out the park were too numerous to count and if we play like this against Dunfermline we will get beat. Midfield was much stronger without the frankly terrible Kerr fcuking things up as per usual, Sibbs really showing terrific determination and deservedly won MotM. Up front with Hippo and Longridge we looked dangerous and mobile for the first time this season. However when Hippo was injured and Harris came on we had no out ball left and we panicked, inviting them on to us and gifting them possession time after time. There is still a whole lot of work required on the training ground to get that defence sorted. Moving McGhee to left back exposes us with only Watson and Grant looking up to the job in the threesome at the back. We won in the end, and deserved it, but as always we make such hard work of things.

ratings
Mutch 5/10. At fault for the 1st goal and his kicking is as bad as the others. At least his handling was ok today.

Muirhead 2/10. As poor a centre back as he is a full back, probably even more so because his mistakes cost goals instead of chances. He did one thing right in the first half getting back to nip the ball away from Dobbie, but otherwise he was terrible in every aspect of the game.
Watson 7/10. Excellent game, again solid and dependable if somewhat uninspiring.
Grant 6/10. Won all the headers and got the goal that opened the floodgates. But his distribution is still rubbish.

Tumilty 6/10. Sh@t it 1st half and that led to a chance for them, but then got into his game and played pretty well thereafter. Doesn't have that burst of pace to get past his man, get to the line and get his crosses in though. No loss when he goes.
Kidd 7/10. Kept things simple and did his best to keep things moving at a good tempo. 100 times better than the missing Kerr (who will likely start v Dunfermline) which is no bad thing. Tired in last quarter of game.
Taiwo 8/10. Almost MotM but for the splendid performance from Sibbs. Back to somewhere near his best. Did have the odd moment of indecision and panic in 2nd half.
Sibbald 9/10. Totally outstanding midfield performance. Covered every blade of grass and made every tackle count. Showed vision and tenacity which is all we want. MotM without a doubt.
McGhee 7/10. Did ok playing in what I guess is not his favourite position. Some neat touches and good runs forward. hasn't the speed or energy to play wing back though.

Hippolyte 7/10. great awareness to score the goal and generally did some great work closing down QoS defence. Link up play could have been sharper, but a good performance after so many disappointing ones
Longridge 8/10. Fantastic non-stop game, and thoroughly deserved his goal which proved crucial in the end. Has finally found his feet and his decision making much better than of recent.

Harris 3/10. Yet another abysmal performance from this utter shytebag of a player.

I think we will struggle with this team against better opposition and still quite a few not up to standard. I assume Muirhead has naked pictures of Hartley with someone and is blackmailing him so he gets a game. There can surely be no other reason? Harris is an imposter. Tumilty is surely only a stop gap as he's poor. We need a striker and we need the midfield to start pitching in with goals too. Great result but we made it harder than it needed to be. A few need to take a look at themselves today. Its better than we've seen but nowhere near good enough. Its a first step, with bigger challenges to come.
Tad harsh on Muirhead didn't think he was that bad today.

Sibbald, Taiwo and Longridge were all excellent today.

adopted_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by adopted_bairn » Sunday 31st 2017f December 2017 12:45:42 AM

Eh, thought Airheid was gash today. Second goal?

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 31st 2017f December 2017 11:01:41 AM

Muirhead and Harris were the two worst performers yesterday.
Muirhead is totally unable to make the simplest of passes. He tries hard but that’s it!!
Harris is a complete ..........!!!

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 31st 2017f December 2017 11:44:18 AM

Muirhead was the poorest of our starters. By a distance actually. You can't ignore his organisational efforts - very vocal in sorting out the line defensively - but he lets himself, and teammates, down considerably with his shoddy distribution of the ball. Others are guilty of this too but I always feel that Muirheads mistakes are baw hairs away from being very costly.

Harris is an enigma to me. Like a few of our lot, there is a player in there somewhere but he has a heart the size of a pea and is amongst the most lightweight of players ever to pull on a jersey for us. If Hartley can wheel and deal over the next couple of weeks then I wouldn't expect him to feature much again for us.

NEgatives out of the way, I was very pleased yesterday. I thought we were very good in the 1st half - some lovely football at times. Quick 1 or 2 touch passing, using the flanks, and putting in early low crosses which I've been crying out for for seasons! QotS just didn't know how to handle Hartley's plan A. The only worry is that it was obvious they would change things up, which they did twice in the second half, and I didn't feel Hartley had a plan B to call on but I think this comes down to the personnel he's decided to take us forward as much as anything.

Glad to hear some chat about Hippo being ok. I was genuinely concerned it was a serious ankle or knee injury (couldn't tell which he twisted). On yesterday's form he's a clear asset. I had heard he was on the way out though but it's getting into silly season just now with everyone being linked with a move away.

Encouraging signs. Get something out of the Dunfermline game and I'll be delighted.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 01st 2018f January 2018 09:52:26 PM

Good to get a win over a side that we’ve allowed to walk all over us twice already.

I reckon if they hadn’t got that goal right on half time, we may well have given them a real mauling, but so fragile is the confidence at this point in time, that goal seemed to put all sorts of doubts into the players minds. They got through it though, and that was all that mattered......that and the fact that it will planted that wee doubt in the minds of the Fifers for Tuesday’s game.

I know there’s a storm in a teacup regarding PH’s dealings with Kerr and Miller, but ultimately, he gave Mark Kerr a good run in the side (with all of us screaming for him to be out), and ultimately, his performances have given Hartley good cause to ditch him......he hasn’t relied on hearsay to do it.

I am still very much in support of what Hartley is doing. He has stopped us getting hammered, and hopefully, he can quickly move us to the point where we are winning more games than we are losing. Fair enough, he might not be a diplomat, but equally, if we ended up getting relegated with a very polite manager at the helm, I doubt if many of us would be thinking “well that’s ok then”.
We have a manager who still has a bit of fire in his belly, and who feels he was badly treated at Dundee. He has something to prove. Let’s hope we are the team that benefits from that.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Monday 01st 2018f January 2018 10:20:29 PM

I think they underestimated us big time. I doubt that will happen again. Better players than us all over the park, except for Sibbs and Longridge.