Pars Game

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 170
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 03:00:02 PM

Dade wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 02:49:52 PM
I agree Creative Redemption, football has gone backwards with its condemnation of the rights of fans to abuse people with disabilities.
This made me laugh... good one!

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1643
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 07:59:07 PM

While the novelty eyeball stuff isn’t something I would take part in or condone, it would be great if the Fifers extended their moral and ethical outrage to include debt.
Perhaps they could demonstrate their superiority by raising a fraction of the debt they chose not to honour (for argument’s sake, let’s limit it to £3,000,000), and donate it to a charity.....perhaps Guide Dogs For The Blind.
I am sure this might upset the other registered charities that they financially bodyswerved a couple of years ago, but that’s neither here nor there. This is about PR, and that’s way more important.

Nothing like football for modifying what’s important to suit its own ends.

User avatar
dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sunday 24th 2006f September 2006 10:48:38 AM

Re: Pars Game

Post by dixie chicken » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 08:12:23 PM

What a fuss about words and some comic eyeballs!!
What are things coming to?

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Dade » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 09:35:34 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 07:59:07 PM
While the novelty eyeball stuff isn’t something I would take part in or condone, it would be great if the Fifers extended their moral and ethical outrage to include debt.
Perhaps they could demonstrate their superiority by raising a fraction of the debt they chose not to honour (for argument’s sake, let’s limit it to £3,000,000), and donate it to a charity.....perhaps Guide Dogs For The Blind.
I am sure this might upset the other registered charities that they financially bodyswerved a couple of years ago, but that’s neither here nor there. This is about PR, and that’s way more important.

Nothing like football for modifying what’s important to suit its own ends.
Very true but whataboutery is no defence.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4892
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Pete » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 11:10:27 PM

I see one of their fans has been fined £450 for making monkey gestures towards myles hippolyte.

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5486
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 10:15:58 AM

dixie chicken wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 08:12:23 PM
What a fuss about words and some comic eyeballs!!
What are things coming to?
I do think that whilst I dont condone what these fans did its been blown totally out of proportion. Theirs far worse been done around football in recent times than a few plastic eyes getting flung on a pitch. Noone got hurt and the culprits should be easily identified from cctv footage. The club has put out a statement and that should be the end of the matter. We used to get mass fights outside the ground at these games and buses getting attacked and damaged and yet that caused far less furore than this pish.

User avatar
Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 15856
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 12:42:08 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Sir Jones » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 08:21:11 PM

The nonsense seen on the COYB Facebook page is unreal. Some of our fans seem happier to witch hunt their own than support the club. And don't get me started on the media bullshit that's followed. We now have that tosser Kenny Shiels bitching about our Chairwoman and blowing this well out of proportion.

Other than our own fans, the only other thing that f*cked me off as much is how quick the club was to issue that apology. Have we seen anything from Dunfermline for the monkey gestures at Hippo yet?
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1643
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 08:48:21 PM

Dade wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 09:35:34 PM
Duncan Freemason wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 07:59:07 PM
While the novelty eyeball stuff isn’t something I would take part in or condone, it would be great if the Fifers extended their moral and ethical outrage to include debt.
Perhaps they could demonstrate their superiority by raising a fraction of the debt they chose not to honour (for argument’s sake, let’s limit it to £3,000,000), and donate it to a charity.....perhaps Guide Dogs For The Blind.
I am sure this might upset the other registered charities that they financially bodyswerved a couple of years ago, but that’s neither here nor there. This is about PR, and that’s way more important.

Nothing like football for modifying what’s important to suit its own ends.
Very true but whataboutery is no defence.
It isn’t about whataboutery. It’s offering them a chance to demonstrate the right to occupy the moral and ethical high ground they suddenly feel is theirs.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Dade » Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 12:10:20 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 08:48:21 PM
Dade wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 09:35:34 PM
Duncan Freemason wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 07:59:07 PM
While the novelty eyeball stuff isn’t something I would take part in or condone, it would be great if the Fifers extended their moral and ethical outrage to include debt.
Perhaps they could demonstrate their superiority by raising a fraction of the debt they chose not to honour (for argument’s sake, let’s limit it to £3,000,000), and donate it to a charity.....perhaps Guide Dogs For The Blind.
I am sure this might upset the other registered charities that they financially bodyswerved a couple of years ago, but that’s neither here nor there. This is about PR, and that’s way more important.

Nothing like football for modifying what’s important to suit its own ends.
Very true but whataboutery is no defence.
It isn’t about whataboutery. It’s offering them a chance to demonstrate the right to occupy the moral and ethical high ground they suddenly feel is theirs.
A lot of what I’m reading is people saying about other things that have been said by other fans clubs than condemning what’s been done by our players/fans. That’s whataboutery to me although your point about the moral high ground is valid.

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5486
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 12:28:43 PM

Dade wrote:
Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 12:10:20 AM
Duncan Freemason wrote:
Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 08:48:21 PM
Dade wrote:
Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 09:35:34 PM

Very true but whataboutery is no defence.
It isn’t about whataboutery. It’s offering them a chance to demonstrate the right to occupy the moral and ethical high ground they suddenly feel is theirs.
A lot of what I’m reading is people saying about other things that have been said by other fans clubs than condemning what’s been done by our players/fans. That’s whataboutery to me although your point about the moral high ground is valid.
I think most people on here agreed with o'hara getting punished although probably disagreed with the size of the punishment. McKee was convicted of another offence with no evidence to back it up other than the heresay of Sheils himself. It would never in a million years of stood up in a court of law. The stupid laddies throwing plastic eyes onto the park were out of order and will get punished I'm sure. In the grand scheme of things a few eyeballs been chucked on a park has been turned into a major story when there are far worse things happening in football never mind the world in general.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Dade » Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 12:56:24 PM

Not so sure. Reading back the posts not many criticised him for the offence committed.

As you say the McKee thing wouldn’t have stood in court but it’s not a court that he had to deal with and I’m sure on the balance of probability they found him guilty.

It was the same situation with Logan and Tonev where he got banned for racist abuse on Logans word. The judge weighed up the statements and believed Logan’s version of events. I haven’t heard a single word from McKee or the club stating that he did not say what was alleged. Also I was extremely critical of Celtic’s backing of Tonev and the subsequent abuse by their fans on Logan and likewise with our own clubs/fans response to Shiels.

Whataboutery is always the first defence of old firm fans and it pains me to see the same from our support.

The length of the ban is a valid concern however first and foremost the player should be criticised for the offence. I know some on here disagree that it is an offence to mock someone with one eye but like anything that’s much easier to say when you haven’t suffered the loss of an eye.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4892
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Pete » Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 01:04:55 PM

perhaps the club should look at producing half and half eye patches, these could be handed out at the next dunfermline game and worn as an act of solidarity towards Dean

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5486
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 02:12:52 PM

Dade wrote:
Friday 05th 2018f January 2018 12:56:24 PM
Not so sure. Reading back the posts not many criticised him for the offence committed.

As you say the McKee thing wouldn’t have stood in court but it’s not a court that he had to deal with and I’m sure on the balance of probability they found him guilty.

It was the same situation with Logan and Tonev where he got banned for racist abuse on Logans word. The judge weighed up the statements and believed Logan’s version of events. I haven’t heard a single word from McKee or the club stating that he did not say what was alleged. Also I was extremely critical of Celtic’s backing of Tonev and the subsequent abuse by their fans on Logan and likewise with our own clubs/fans response to Shiels.

Whataboutery is always the first defence of old firm fans and it pains me to see the same from our support.

The length of the ban is a valid concern however first and foremost the player should be criticised for the offence. I know some on here disagree that it is an offence to mock someone with one eye but like anything that’s much easier to say when you haven’t suffered the loss of an eye.
This is the sfa we're talking about here for fecks sake. Since when did they go by the balance of probability. You only have to look at recent situations where players have had red cards rescinded for obvious misdemeanours. Ryan Jack for instance this season and who can forget John McGinn nearly halfing Mark Kerr's shin two and yet getting his punishment reduced to a yellow. Its pretty obvious to me that the sfa were wanting to be seen as standing up to this sort of thing and therefore had to punish McKee even though there was hee haw evidence to back it up. If he was indeed guilty of abusing Sheils about his eye then why half the ban of O'Hara? More likely it was abuse of a different nature regularly heard on football pitches across the country and met with no punishment whatsoever. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion from start to finish and has rolled on due to the incompetent way it was handled by the authorities in the first place.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Pars Game

Post by Dade » Saturday 06th 2018f January 2018 03:42:18 PM

I take it back about McKee as there are several posts on social media stating he didn’t abuse Shiels about his eye. That incident is then extremely questionable as if not abusing Shiels about race, disability, religion or sexual orientation then it does set a precedent as to other players getting banned for such abuse. Saying that Materazzi most famously got banned for abusing Zidane about his sister.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 5 guests