Pars Game

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
exbogboy
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Pars Game

Post by exbogboy » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 04:47:56 PM

Referee appointment for this game - Willie Collumn - this could be a historical crime count

Hannibal Lecturer
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Pars Game

Post by Hannibal Lecturer » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 05:11:43 PM

Oh dear God no!
Collumn is just after Craig Thomson in the incompetent bracket for me so sendings off and penalty kicks galore against us again.

I really was hoping to start 2018 different, much different as to how 2017 ended. Fcuk...

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 06:13:53 PM

It's "all ticket", again; when will they ever learn, the place can hold 12k! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#PATG
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 08:02:09 PM

Result will have nothing to do with referee in the end I reckon. We are so bad we will fcuk it up all on our own.

I was talking to a Cat 1 referee recently who says Collum is the best in Scotland. Interestingly enough he had a point that people only think he’s worse than others is because he is in the public eye more, more games on tv than most refs. Fair point in my view but I think McLean is better. Positionally Collum is superb but just like every Ref he makes mistakes. These guys aren’t full time like in England and yet the English refs screw up just as much. Just look at what happened to West Ham the other day vs Bournemouth.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 08:50:25 PM

The only plus points I can see here, is that Collum won't know the ex Sunderland lads, so slightly less likely to get straight reds. Our only hope is Balatoni somehow is fit enough to start in place of Muirhead, that Kerr can't play (for whatever reason) and we can get the ball to whoever we have up front often enough. I think all three of these are hugely unlikely, so if I were a betting man I'd have the house on Dunfermline to win.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 09:44:18 PM

I fear that people are putting to much thought into the referee. These guys are impartial and couldn’t care less who wins the match. They have a reputation to uphold, be that good or bad in your opinion. The fact that Sunderland players will be playing has absolutely nothing to do with red cards. A bit silly to even suggest that. Referees look out for trouble makers and I can’t think of anyone in our team he will have his particular eye on.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Friday 29th 2017f December 2017 12:04:12 AM

Ive always felt that collum makes poor decisions for both teams, he's just an annoying unbiased bugger

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Friday 29th 2017f December 2017 12:42:11 PM

I'm thankfully working on Tuesday. Not in the slightest bit gutted about that. Quite thankful actually.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 01:57:30 PM

New faces for today's starting lineup
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 02:48:52 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 01:57:30 PM
New faces for today's starting lineup
Just what we need, a Central midfielder & a striker. Good luck to them both. Hopefully add quality to the squad and settle in quickly.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 05:54:55 PM

I think that's almost the angriest I've been after a game all season. Disgusting second half performance. I shrugged off a lot of Houston's piss poor performances as had been expecting them for months. I shrugged off the bulk of Hartley's performances to date as we had at least shored up at the back and finally got that win against QotS but today is just not on.

We need to get Loy, Harris, Longridge to f*ck immediately. All three are torture. We could do with a proper keeper too. Robinson in goals for the Fifer's today was excellent.

Should have been 1-1 at half time if that idiot Longridge had anything about him. We finished that half well. But f*ck me the second 45 minutes was outrageously bad. Not one player looked like they wanted to win that today and to be bossed about by a midfield that includes Wedderburn is about as embarrassing as it gets - that lad is woeful yet battered his way through out bunch of light weight bufties with ease.

Poor show and a real set back.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 07:39:06 PM

Today is the first time where I began to think Hartley possibly isn’t the man to take us forward. Anybody who continues to flog the dead horse that is Alex Harris has to have his ability called into question. Longridge should have been subbed and the second half was abysmal. He got the team wrong to begin with and only when he moved McGhee into the middle of the park did we get a foothold. The young keeper was at fault for the first goal and was an utter bomb scare as he was at Livingston.

On the positive I saw enough from the 3 new players to suggest they might do a job for us. But if Hartley can’t see alex Harris reduces us to 10men then he needs to go. Hopefully today he realises that and we move forward

Can’t believe so many fans clapped the team off after that performance. Not saying they should boo but applauding that?

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 08:15:43 PM

Agree with most of what’s been said, especially Harris but the real difference today was the respective goalkeepers.
Ours is obviously promising but NOT yet ready whereas Robinson was safe and secure and exuded confidence which must be great for defenders.
Although also deficient I think we must reinstate Thomson.
Was impressed with Robson and Nelson both of whom will improve once they’ve settled in.
Not sure about Welsh as their first goal came from him losing the ball in midfield but he does seem to have a fair bit of skill.
I just don’t get Muirhead as, although hardworking and industrious, his distribution is appalling.
Anyway, not entirely disappointed with today as we made lots of chances and I can see a glimmer of hope for better things to come.

dumbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by dumbairn » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 09:31:14 PM

Great support today badly let down by the morons throwing fake eyes onto the pitch. For **** sake, the football authorities hate us enough as it is without giving them any more ammunition. Whatever the recent ill-feeling between the clubs, I for one don't think it's funny to lose an eye - and even sicker to besmirch that loss so publicly. If we weren't the bad guys in this scenario before, we sure as hell are now. Shameful.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 09:43:20 PM

It doesn't get any better does it? Frankly more than three quarters of that shower need moved on. The three central defenders plus wingbacks just invited them onto us, especially with 3 midgets in central midfield, and us not having enough fight to go win the ball. Cardle had a field day, as did that lazy big bampot black guy they had in midfield who rarely needed to break sweat in 90 minutes. If we havent got enough skill to combat this then we are fcuked. Too many new signings in the team today for us to gel, and far too many sub par (pun intended) performances from the team in general. I did point out in the past the limitations of Mutch in u20's games, and they sadly became all too apparent today. At fault for their first, rooted to the spot for a free header which they missed and at least twice giving the ball straight to the opposition in dangerous areas. The disaster happened today but it has been coming. Thomson long term is not the answer, but for now is a safer option. Balatoni has been released, and yet we have the impostor of a player (Muirhead) made captain and given Balatoni's place. That suggests to me that Paul Hartley is quite likely not the man we need in charge at the club. To strengthen my fears, he decided today to take off taiwo and Grant and replace them with guys who on a good day wouldn't get a game for the 'shire. Neither Loy nor Harris are good enough and should be shown the door as a matter of urgency.

The game itself shows how far we still have to go as a team. To start so poorly in such a big match is inexcusable. The back three looked terrified, as did a frankly awful goalkeeper. The midfield were so far off the pace they looked like boys against men, and the front two looked like they'd never get the ball. Only when we were a goal down thanks to the combination of Welsh's negligence and Mutch's incompetence did we start tom play a wee bit, but by then really the damage was done. the defence were too deep, the midfield (Sibbald apart) looked like wee shytebags feart of their opponents and so slow as to pose no real threat, and a lacklustre front pairing that rarely got away from their markers. We had a good 15 minute spell at the end of the first half and Longridge should have scored, then maybe we would have stood a chance. He didn't and in the second half we disintegrated as a team with only the wingbacks and Sibbs looking like they gave a fcuk. Hartley's substitutions didn't help, but looking at the bench I don't know what else he could have done. Pretty diabolical and we should all be prepared for the team to be in the play off's for the 1st div at the end of the season.

ratings

Mutch 1/10. One good save, but that was from his own awful kick out. Shockingly bad goalkeeping. Must be dropped immediately.

Tumilty 5/10. Tried to get forward and link up play and is at least showing a bit of aggression and willingness to attack.
Muirhead 1/10. Made one tackle and one pass to a team mate. Almost an improvement. Almost. Should never play for us again.
Grant 4/10. Not really at the races today. Allowed himself to be bullied by their no.9 and distribution terrible as usual.
McGhee 7/10. Our only defender worth note today. Even when pushed forward did as good a job as those around him, if not better. Should be captain.
Robson 5/10. Difficult coming into a team devoid of confidence, but did enough to suggest he will be an asset given some game time. Stronger than many we've seen at full back and knows how to play the position. Not a bad debut

Taiwo 3/10. Showed today how limited a player he is. No pace/acceleration when trying to get onto through balls, hardly made a tackle and spent more time going sideways and backwards. No contract renewal in summer.
Welsh 2/10. May be fit, but nowhere near "match fit". Constantly caught in possession, too slow to make a pass, tackling suspect and in general no better than Kerr or Taiwo on an off day. Needs games to sharpen up and a speed injection.
Sibbald 8/10. My MotM just for his desire and aggression throughout. The others need to take a look at his contribution today and set that as their own minimum standard.

Longridge 4/10. Once again decision making all wrong. Should have scored and since he didn't the game was never going to go our way. Huffed and puffed and did really heehaw.
Nelson 4/10. Took up some decent positions, but just not on the same wavelength as team mates. Might be okay with games but hardly a superstar on this showing.

Subs
Loy 2/10. Way too slow although maybe should have had a penalty near the end? Or again, maybe not
Harris 1/10. Like having a man less.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

adopted_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by adopted_bairn » Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 11:44:46 PM

dumbairn wrote:
Tuesday 02nd 2018f January 2018 09:31:14 PM
Great support today badly let down by the morons throwing fake eyes onto the pitch. For **** sake, the football authorities hate us enough as it is without giving them any more ammunition. Whatever the recent ill-feeling between the clubs, I for one don't think it's funny to lose an eye - and even sicker to besmirch that loss so publicly. If we weren't the bad guys in this scenario before, we sure as hell are now. Shameful.
The point is that he is a scumbag, cry-baby grass. The bleeding heart FFC board needs to take a good look at itself and focus on getting a winning mentality on the park.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 10:59:59 AM

Hartley made a huge mistake today in blooding 3 new players In a derby game. My patience with him has gone. 11 games, 1 win. Not good enough. Yes, he has Houston’s squad, but so did Smith and he won 2 in a row.
I’ve given him time to bed in, but we are no better than when Houston left, in fact we are worse. Telling players they were no longer required before the transfer window opened was a massive misjudgement IMO.
On to the game, we were utterly pathetic. Walsh was basically a poor mans Kerr. I liked the striker but he had no idea how we played and was not on the same level as the other players.
Personally the way I feel right now is I would show Hartley the door. I’m not one for knee jerk reactions but this is a p1ss poor performance he is putting on, and any other manager with an 11 game/1win ratio would be out by now.
It’s frankly been pathetic. No improvement, we are worse than before. The players brought in have been worse than Houston’s signings.
I’ll be there as usual on Saturday but he now does not have my support and will need to prove himself to me and I’m sure many others. He has not been good enough by any stretch of the imagination.
Last point. I’ve watched Falkirk for 35 years. Both set of fans have done WAY worse than the current nonsense with that wee C*nt Shiels. All this “disgusted” p1sh from our fans just cements my thoughts that we are soft as putty from the Board, to the players, to the fans. If you don’t like it, f*ck off and watch Livingston, or some other PC team. This whole “he’s got a disability” nonsense. REALLY?? Get your blankets, your coffee and bolt. The atmosphere at games is crap enough without taking this out the game. The Pars fans love it, I love it, and most fans love it. It’s rivalry and come work we are all back to normal people, none of us are animals. Football is dead with the morons who decry this. Livingston is the team for you lot.
Here comes the doom.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 11:13:13 AM

I thought the only bright sparks in an otherwise poor performance were the new guys who all look like they can play a bit. The wee left back looks a right find and a massive upgrade on Gallacher. Can defend and loves to get forward. Just a pity that for the majority of the game he had hee haw in front of him to give the ball to. The boy up top had an excellent first touch and showed a fair bit of ability. Again had very little support from others though once he had the ball. Welsh looked far better once he was moved from sitting in front of the back 4 and given McGhee as cover. Looks a player but was unsurprisingly a bit rusty. Unfortunately these 3 were again let down by players we already have. Longridge was a shadow of the player from Saturday and missed the best chance of the game. Grant and Muirhead's distribution was utterly dire as usual and Taiwo was never going to look comfortable stuck at inside right. Sibbald was excellent I must say although again he was played in a position where he was getting the ball far too far away from where he can do any damage. Get him further up the pitch for gods sake. I've supported Hartley up to now and been convinced he needs time but his choice of Mutch in goals has to be questioned as he's nowhere near ready for first team action. I can only presume he's trying to get Thomson to move on having left him out the side so he can then bring in another keeper on his wages. His hands are otherwise tied with us already having 3 keepers on the books. The problem now is that Mutch is going to cost us games if we stick with him. The other thing that worries me is his persistence with the utterly hopeless Harris. The guy is an utter shitebag devoid of confidence and the last thing you need in a blood and guts derby match. After being awful on Saturday he should've been stuck in the u-20s and told to find another club but no he's brought on and continued in the same vein as his performance against Queens. Get him out the first team squad now Paul please. I presume that was longridge's last game and that he will be away and replaced with someone else. The quicker we get more new players in and the shitebags out the better.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 11:23:11 AM

Seems pretty much to be a consensus on here and thinking about it over night I am now convinced we need rid of Laing and her merry gang. Since she took over it has been one disaster after another. She picked Hartley, she ignored the fans at the agm, she embarrassed the club by mishandling the academy announcement etc etc. Get this incompetent fool out of the club

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 02:49:52 PM

I agree Creative Redemption, football has gone backwards with its condemnation of the rights of fans to abuse people with disabilities.