Dumbarton v falkirk

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Dumbarton v falkirk

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2017f December 2017 07:21:53 PM

Watched on ftv, loads of effoet but zero cutting edge. Conditions were horrendous but we probably had the best chances out of the few ceeated.

Ive no idea if the forwards are short of confidence, or if the manager hasnt a clue either but we are severely lacking. Hopefully hartley can somehow turn this mess around but its not looking good.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Dumbarton v falkirk

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 23rd 2017f December 2017 07:34:48 PM

We seem to be a bit more solid, but five games without a goal says it all. The hope, if not the necessity, is that we can get a couple of strikers in to provide that cutting edge, but even then, we're creating very little. Theres just no threat or creativity anywhere on the park. We've reached the stage where 0-0 draws against the likes of Livingston and Dumbarton are being viewed as positive results. That is where we are these days.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 23rd 2017f December 2017 10:48:01 PM

Deary me what a load of utter p1sh that was. This is close to being the worst Falkirk side I have ever seen. No wonder we struggle when you look at the players on an individual basis, not one of which is playing with any confidence or any real level of ability you would expect from "professional" football players. This is what these guys do all day every day and you'd expect them to be at the very least able to control a football, pass it to a team mate, have the ability to work cohesively as a team, and be alive to whats going on around them on a football pitch. At least half those guys out there could do none of these things today, and only a couple managed to be able to do all of them. First half, even with the gale at our backs we hardly threatened, turning back when in attacking positions, not getting crosses in until the home defence were set, and only Sibbs looking to get forward with any intent. The ability to fcuk about like tw@ts when in advanced positions needs addressed too. Tumilty and Longridge both the worst culprits losing opportunities by basically dithering about and being totally indecisive. Really we had a shot from Loy from edge of the box, a 35 yard shot from a free kick from mcGhee and a free header from 8 yards headed miles wide by Grant, and that was the best of the first half. Second half against the wind we were worse if thats possible, with the only chance being a great cross that Loy should have buried being really our only chance. Dumbarton weren't any better, but maybe should have won it near the end with a shot that eluded everyone including our far post by a few inches. We are abject, with only a few players getting pass marks. Some of these players seem to be getting a game by default - and yes I am talking about the ex footballer by the name of Mark Kerr. To have this person captain the team smacks of incompetence by the manager, who should not even have this charlatan on the pitch never mind captaining the side. He is an utter embarrassment. Mind you he had plenty others almost as bad as him, so maybe no surprise they have given the captaincy to the oldest most incompetent of the whole lot.

Ratings

Mutch 7/10. Did ok in awkward conditions. Handling a wee bit dodgy at times, and why come out early and practice kicking at HT then make a total c*** of just about every goal kick after HT? Don't bother in future. Commanded area well and tried his best to get us going when he could with quick/thrown balls to defence to start things off.

Tumilty 5/10. Decent enough without ever really doing anything positive. Dithered about instead of getting to bye line and making a cross. Nowhere near good enough to be a permanent member of the squad.
Muirhead 4/10. This guy simply cannot pass to another Falkirk player. One great crossfield pass in 90 minutes isn't enough. The rest of the passing was awful.
Grant 7/10. handled nade with ease for pretty much the whole game. Passing as terrific as always, hence the score.
McGhee 8/10. Barely put a foot wrong once again. Probably our best attacking option which shows how sh1te the rest were.
Gallacher 0/10. Total waste of a jersey. Can't tackle, can't control simple passes, can't cross, can't pass. Looks like he tore a hamstring. Playing nobody in his position would make no difference.

Taiwo 8/10. Fantastic defensive midfield performance that should have allowed others to play more advanced and control the game more. It didn't work out that way and spent most of 2nd half fire fighting for the totally useless Mark Kerr.
Kerr minus1/10. The very worst performance I have ever seen by a Falkirk captain. Made no tackles, made no accurate passes. Constantly playing catch up in a game that was simply too fast for him. Second half he improved to the extent that he didn't actually give the ball away EVERY TIME he touched it, unlike the first half. A liability we can no longer afford. Useless.
Sibbald 7/10. Tried so very hard to make a difference, and for spells he looked like the only player who could find a way through a congested midfield. Went a wee bit off the boil 2nd half as he had to help Taiwo do Kerrs work.

Logridge 5/10. This guy gives the impression he could maybe do a job for us. BUT, unfortunately his decision making and final passing is atrocious. All too often decided to go across the park and backwards, when a more direct approach might have been more productive. He buzzes about ok, but no end product means he has to go back to parent club in January. He has at least tried but is nowhere near good enough.
Loy 6/10. generous marks for a player who may have played his last game for us. He tried hard, linked up ok when he could and at least looked like he wanted to gee the guys up and keep us ticking along. Should have scored second half.

Subs
Hippo 1/10. I think his days are numbered. Awful again. No close control, unable to beat his man, unable to cross the ball, unable to pass to team mate. Sh1t.
Harris 0/10. One challenge he was 60/40 favourite for and he sh@t it. A bawbag. He can go if we can get anyone daft enough to take him.
Austin 0/10. Not a day for a precious wee flower like him. Total waste of space.

A tie between McGhee and Taiwo for motm.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 23rd 2017f December 2017 11:40:55 PM

Agree with your ratings for kerr and gallagher, both struggled with the basics today.

Quite disappointed with the hartley efect so far, there appears to be no real change from when houston was in charge.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 12:07:39 AM

I get the Kerr hate, no way should he start except in emergencies - but who can take his place at the moment?

Just have to hope Hartley has some 6ft athletes with power and drive lined up.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 01:10:25 AM

There's been no "dead cat bounce", but I think we all know why. It's not Hartley's fault. Most of them know they will be gone asap, and while we haven't remotely looked like winning games, we no longer look like we are beaten before kick off.

That's a start considering we have a team littered with guys whose careers as full time footballers is about to come to a shuddering halt.

Hartley has stopped the rot, but he isn't a miracle worker, and unfortunately, Peter Houston has inflicted some pretty major damage to the team and squad. There is absolutely no point in throwing the "incompetent" word in Hartley's direction, as we all know he intends to radically overhaul the entire first team squad. We can't applaud that, and then in the next breath, accuse him of not being able to get the best from players who are either not good enough or not up for it.

Things have always been cyclical in football (just look at how many teams have finished third in the top flight in the past two decades), and right now, it's our turn to hit rock bottom. We are still experiencing the ripples from the George Craig years coupled to some pretty dumb long term commitments. BPM got it right when he said our BoD have completely failed to come up with a sustainable, stable business model. Now we have abandoned the football factory project, and are (finally) concentrating on the thing that really matters (the first team squad), let's see where that takes us.
The cleansing of the first team squad and the shutting down of the academy focus are two big ideas that have been set in motion. Neither has been truly started let alone proven. Until the dust settles on both, I am going to back off on judgement of the club management.
Things are really bad, but they won't stay that way forever (even though it sometimes feels like it will).