Livingston v Falkirk

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Livingston v Falkirk

Post by kent brockman » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 12:29:03 PM

It was disappointing to say the least that this was called off after a 1.30pm pitch inspection when many fans were already on their way to the match.

I hope the club will be taking this up with the SPFL as surely it is time for a policy to be introduced at national level which will state a minimum period of time before kick-off (say 3 hours) for a decision to be taken on whether a match is on or off.
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Re: Livingston v Falkirk

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 01:58:04 PM

Wasn't there uproar years ago as this happens because Livingston don't want to use their under-soil heating even though they have it installed?
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 03:21:22 PM

Their under soil heating doesn't work. They have a bunch of injuries and were more than happy to take no frost protection precautions. They wanted the game off.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 04:47:26 PM

kent brockman wrote:
Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 12:29:03 PM
It was disappointing to say the least that this was called off after a 1.30pm pitch inspection when many fans were already on their way to the match.

I hope the club will be taking this up with the SPFL as surely it is time for a policy to be introduced at national level which will state a minimum period of time before kick-off (say 3 hours) for a decision to be taken on whether a match is on or off.

The problem with late call offs is that the referees don't normally turn up till an hour and a half before kick off which is why games often get called off so late. Bit of a joke really considering they get about £900 a game.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 05:00:08 PM

rescheduled for Tuesday 19th December at 7.45pm
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 05:51:42 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 03:21:22 PM
Their under soil heating doesn't work.
I'd be loathe to berate them for that as prior to our plastic pitch being installed didn't we have issues with ours :oops:
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 06:25:20 PM

I would berate that lot for everything. The have'nt had a single day of honest dealing since the day and minute they were created. The adoption of never paying their debts as a viable business model sets them apart from everyone else. They add nothing and take everything they can from the Scottish game. The only away game I will never attend. I will never knowingly give them a single penny.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 19th 2017f December 2017 12:26:41 PM

I’d take a draw now, but fear a pumping - Livi are the opposite of us, hard workers who play to a system and give 100%
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Tuesday 19th 2017f December 2017 05:37:06 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Monday 04th 2017f December 2017 06:25:20 PM
I would berate that lot for everything. The have'nt had a single day of honest dealing since the day and minute they were created. The adoption of never paying their debts as a viable business model sets them apart from everyone else. They add nothing and take everything they can from the Scottish game. The only away game I will never attend. I will never knowingly give them a single penny.
along with Dundee, Sevco (and Dunfermline ??? )
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 19th 2017f December 2017 10:05:08 PM

All deserving of far greater punishments than they received. Scottish football's acceptance of administration as a legitimate tool in club building (right at this moment in time,I would guess every single club that's adopted non payment of debt as a valid business strategy is above us in terms of league rankings. That tells you all you need to know about how attractive it is to the Livingston's of this world).
Anyway, I digress. When you look at all of the other clubs you mention (as well as some you didn't), there were significant periods in their history (in most cases, the vast majority of the time) where regardless of their ethics in other areas, financially, they all played with a relatively straight bat (although Dunfermline were very much "at it" in the early 70s).
Livingston are entirely different. From the day they came into existence, not paying debts has been at the very core of what they are. It's been applied as a business model from day one, and I bet they are still at it today. Home crowds well below four figures, yet they run a full time squad now just as they did in the fourth and third tiers. Hence my having no time for them at all, and why I will never attend any game that requires me to directly give them a penny.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Wednesday 20th 2017f December 2017 12:30:25 AM

We managed a draw and it was pretty brutal for the large majority of the game. We started with a 3-4-2-1 set up and it worked defensively, if offering nothing going forward. They had the better of the second half, but we were better in the first and should have done better with a couple of half chances and at least tested their keeper. But in truth the game was a typical tousy punt the ball forwards at every opportunity and t'fcuk wi' fitba kind of game. No goals and really the only excitement we had was a couple of scares in the second half when our defence was stretched a few times and a couple of wee niggly fouls that almost led to handbags, but didn't. Really couldn't say any decent football was played by either side. The ref again was awful, and every falkirk player who committed a foul was booked, yet that failed to apply to Livi. Such is life at the minute.

Ratings

Mutch 8/10. Apart from one scary moment when he came for a bouncing clearance that went over his head he was sound. Aerial bombardment didn't seem to phase him mutch and his clearances were generally ok.

Muirhead 3/10. made a couple of decent tackles, but is a pure liability. he has to get punted asap as he will give more goals away than he prevents with his atrocious passing, poor positioning and total lack of commitment,
Grant 7/10. Did very well marshalling the defence. rarely lost a header and beneiftted from not having too much time on the ball to fcuk up his passing as he stuck to long lumps up the park or out the park in the main. Never gave his opponents a sniff of goal.
McGhee 8/10. By far and away our best defender and close to being motm. Only defender who looked like he had any desire to get forward, make telling passes or showing the right level of desire required for a scrap.

Tumilty 5/10. Hmm, being generous here as first half he looked sound, but the second half he looked knackered after about 20 mins into it. Never looked confident on the ball, not great at tracking back in second half, and passing not up to scratch.
Kerr 3/10. Dear god he was awful. i can only assume that we simply have no one else to play in midfield so he still gets a game. He was torture. Made zero tackles, passing awful, allowed opponents to simply run past making no effort to challenge or get goal side. managed to get booked so thats a plus as he may be ineligible soon. Must be released at earliest opportunity. A waster.
Taiwo 8.5/10. MotM. Was everywhere helping out and covering for the missing in action Kerr. Immense performance, but over exuberant at times especially with passing first half which were played like rockets rather than passes. Was out of gas by 60 minutes and managed another 10-15 before being subbed.
Gallacher 7/10. Much more composed at wing back than Tumilty and always eager to get forward. We should get the bunting out too, as he managed at least one successful tackle - so thats 100% better than any previous game I have ever seen.

Longridge 5/10. Buzzed about and showed some decent control, and in almost equal measure some appalling decision making. never gave up and ran his heart out for the team. Is that good enough though?
Sibbs 7/10. Looked a wee bit rusty, but he has the ability to be a game changer in a positive way. Went off after about 75 mins as was knackered but a promising if somewhat rusty return to action.

Miller 8/10. Was immense for 65 mins and tried like a bear up front on his own without much support. Even found himself back at the left back position chasing back a couple of times. Really impressed with his work.

Subs
Hippolyte 3/10. Has the close control of a baby elephant and about as much use as one tonight. No wonder he was on the bench - he was lucky he made it there given his shyte performance tonight.
Craigen 1/10. Ran about for 10 minutes doing not one useful thing, except getting booked for a dive.
Loy 5/10. Did ok, even managing a 50 yard run with the ball at his feet before being fouled. A couple of neat wee flicks without ever looking like doing anything of note.

Hartley at least tried a new formation, its not his fault that individuals we have aren't good enough. Muirhead is shocking. Kerr is a shadow of the player he once was. Craigen is a total waster. Hippolyte isn't even a one trick pony any longer and he rarely shows the ability we know he possesses. Longridge and Tumilty are nothing to write home about and I would be hugely surprised if we extend their loans. Its a piss poor squad low on confidence and unless new blood comes in and hit the ground running then its the play-offs for us. Even then, we will need to somehow get a goalscorer and a decent central midfielder from somewhere.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 20th 2017f December 2017 12:52:02 AM

Tried to watch on ftv, was very stop start so gave up. From what i saw it looked neither team had the capabilities to create any clear cut chances.

At least we never lost and I'm just praying that hartley has signings lined up to get us out of this mess.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 20th 2017f December 2017 08:43:40 PM

Sounds pretty much like a rerun of the LC tie earlier in the season. One of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune to witness.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 12:38:16 AM

Disagree with many of the ratings by John although not all. Personally thought we bossed first half and should have had our noses in front. Second half we let them dominate and we had a few hairy moments. Tumilty simply won’t do, Gallagher likewise, thought long ridge had his best game to date without being brilliant and it was great to see return of Taiwo and sibbs hopefully we can scrape at least one goal Saturday as we so badly need a break

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 03:17:11 PM

Ricey wrote:
Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 12:38:16 AM
Disagree with many of the ratings by John although not all. Personally thought we bossed first half and should have had our noses in front. Second half we let them dominate and we had a few hairy moments. Tumilty simply won’t do, Gallagher likewise, thought long ridge had his best game to date without being brilliant and it was great to see return of Taiwo and sibbs hopefully we can scrape at least one goal Saturday as we so badly need a break
I felt the same as you. Without creating a load of chances I thought we looked a lot more positive than in recent weeks. Was a pity Sibbald isn't back up to full match fitness as I thought he was looking like he could make the difference. Much better to see him play in a number 10 role anyway and also despite us being a bit more open in our play I thought the defence coped well. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 09:00:50 PM

Ricey wrote:
Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 12:38:16 AM
Subjective, but we really created very little in the way of clear cut chances. For me, that comes from the lack of ability of Taiwo and Kerr, plus the focus on defending and those two never getting beyond even the full backs.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Friday 22nd 2017f December 2017 12:18:53 AM

I thought first half we created 2 or 3 good chances but admittedly none in the sitter category. The fact we had really weak wide men in the 2 converted full backs was more the reason for me that we failed to create as much as we could have