Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 07:35:55 PM

Plenty of others I'd have had out the door before him, he proved he has ability in the final three months of last season. I'd certainly rather him than someone like Longridge who has shown nothing in his time here. Looking forward to similar announcements soon re Kidd, Watson, Shepherd, Muirhead, Kerr, McKee, Harris, Craigen, Loy.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 08:36:41 PM

He was the right player at the wrong time. With a stronger squad (mentally) around him then I think Austin would be an asset. He's simply a squad player we cannot afford at this point in time.

Having said that, I wouldve had him well down the list of priorities to get to f*ck. I'm guessing Hartley is doing everything he can to get some goal scorers in though.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 09:22:37 PM

No chance Hartley was keeping this fraud.

When Hartley first joined I spent a lot of time watching him rather than the game.
Austin came off the bench, in one of Hartleys first games, instead of buzzing about trying to impress him, he was almost as static as a corner flag. Hartley tried to gee him up and he looked away, within 3 minutes Austin lost the ball and made no effort to recover and get back. Hartley went nuts! After that I knew Hartley would discard him ASAP.

I can see Austin having patches of success in his career when motivated and confident, I think a few clubs will want to take a chance with him, but fans don’t like lack of effort and that’s his default setting when things don’t go well.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 11:25:32 PM

Weak as piss and the heart of a mouse, however the only striker with pace that we have, hopefully hartley has someone better lined up but this guy from Sunderland doesnt exactly fill me with confidence.

Sure we're the lowest scorers in Scotland, maybe even the uk but its not like we create many chances for the forwards.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 11:46:53 PM

Strikers aren't the issue, its the midfield, we need box-to-box and powerful (we need Will Vaulks basically) instead we have
Kerr - Past it
McKee - Neat and tidy but not strong enough
Craigen - ditto
Tiawo - grafter but limited and injury prone
Blues - I see nothing in him, you'd think a young guy would bring energy at the very least, he doesn't
Sibbald - Has Talent, but needs to be in the final third and have players working for him
Harris - Hopeless
Hippolyte - needs to be in a winning team
Longridge - not impressed at all.

I've said before we could sign Harry Kane and it wouldn't make much difference we create hee haw.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 11:56:33 PM

Agreed. Worryingly hartley has done nothing to address the quality of play in the final third. To me it looks the same as it was under houston. Genuinely think we're doomed unless he can pull 3 or 4 players who are a class above this league in terms of quality and mentality

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 12:16:55 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 11:46:53 PM
Strikers aren't the issue, its the midfield, we need box-to-box and powerful (we need Will Vaulks basically) instead we have
Kerr - Past it
Craigen - ditto
Blues - I see nothing in him, you'd think a young guy would bring energy at the very least, he doesn't
Sibbald - Has Talent, but needs to be in the final third and have players working for him
Harris - Hopeless

I've said before we could sign Harry Kane and it wouldn't make much difference we create hee haw.
Have to agree. Ever since we lost the "box to box" players with a bit of dig, ones who could add a few goals to the teams tally, we have gone in a downward spiral. It was pretty clear that Houstie made a mess of it not replacing Vaulks, Alston & Leahey with similar type players. Thats where the rot set in. His signings were atrocious and added nothing to the squad that would improve it...In fact, the signings were made up of players that were more suited to his style of play of not losing a match...tippy tappy, powderpuff, side to side stuff. You can even see it in the coaching of the young kids coming through like Gallacher. Their development has been wasted by the way he wanted them to play.
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

BeanCountingBairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by BeanCountingBairn » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 02:00:01 PM

Who appears in the “Our Time” posters now? I feel we have a right to know who replaces Fash on that poster.

Jarvis the Ginger General
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by Jarvis the Ginger General » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 04:10:35 PM

I'm starting to get this horrible sinking feeling that Hartley doesn't know what he is doing. Lets be honest the football since he took over has been abysmal. Yes we know the squad is poor but are we really so bad that we have to set up shop to get draws vs Livvy and Dumbarton? Austin out and some guy who cant score for Harrogate in? Hartley absolutely has to nail the next 3/4 signings he will get in January - if its more of the likes of Longridge and Tumilty we are 9th guaranteed and likely to go down in the play offs. QOS at 8/5 on Saturday looks ridiculous value for money - we wont/cant score and Dobbie will nab at least 2.
Im constantly updating my hit parade of the 10 biggest w**ks on OneF.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 08:55:05 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 11:46:53 PM
Kerr - Past it
Craigen - ditto
Harris - Hopeless

Nail squarely hit on head. The whole problem stems from a p1ss poor midfield. Kerr and Taiwo together offers zero attacking threat, the former now even having difficulty in managing to jog, never mind run; and the latter only really effective when he plays with someone who has some attacking ability beside him. we need Sibbald in the final third (as Olaf says) so we need a Vaulks/Alston type in midfield doing the grafting. Can't see that happening (at least not by 2nd January anyway).
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 10:53:54 PM

Whilst the midfield is an obvious issue when your striker can't hit the target from 5 yards you can't ignore the fact that the strikers are obviously still an issue. I wouldn't put money on any of them hitting the target just now surely Nelson can't be any worse than what we already have.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Friday 29th 2017f December 2017 08:04:30 AM

BeanCountingBairn wrote:
Thursday 28th 2017f December 2017 02:00:01 PM
Who appears in the “Our Time” posters now? I feel we have a right to know who replaces Fash on that poster.
Do we think he’s taken the fall for the marketing campaign. Harsh.

:lol:
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 11:01:47 PM

A lot of chat about people going. If Miller and Kerr are away then I’m not too bothered although it is sad to see 2 well loved players to leave on this note. Both are well past their best though. Also heard that Miller was a disruptive influence in previous dressing rooms. I don’t know how true it is but maybe there has been a confrontation if he is indeed on his way out.

Quite frankly something had to give and we got the man in that the vast majority of fans wanted. A guy that has a very good track record so I’m glad he is getting the backing of the board and fans. These players weren’t pulling their weight under Houston so something had to give and it seems clear that Hartley has identified a few chancers and others who are just not up to it. Time will tell if Hartley will be good for us but for now I’m still backing him to turn it around. At the end of the day these players weren’t performing for our last manager so there is nowhere for them to hide. Just hope he gets the replacements right or there’ll be little places for Hartley to hide either.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 11:46:53 PM

I actually find the Loy situation pretty bizarre. About 6 weeks ago, it appeared pretty clear-cut that he was out of the picture and probably on the way, perhaps back to Paisley. He then gets a substitute appearance against Livingston and I think starts last week against Dumbarton. I was not at either game so cannot comment on his performance but today he is nowhere to be seen, despite us having released another striker in Austin through the week and not being exactly overflowing with attacking options. This move just seems to have been a massive disaster all round.

In terms of recruitment, we have got to be looking at getting more creativity, width and threat into the team. Hippolyte is frustrating as hell most weeks, but today just confirmed that we are still much better off with his inconsistency than the alternative of Alex Harris. Him and Craigen are two I would be moving heaven and earth to get out the door in January, simply not good enough.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Sunday 31st 2017f December 2017 04:36:19 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Saturday 30th 2017f December 2017 11:46:53 PM
I actually find the Loy situation pretty bizarre. About 6 weeks ago, it appeared pretty clear-cut that he was out of the picture and probably on the way, perhaps back to Paisley. He then gets a substitute appearance against Livingston and I think starts last week against Dumbarton. I was not at either game so cannot comment on his performance but today he is nowhere to be seen, despite us having released another striker in Austin through the week and not being exactly overflowing with attacking options. This move just seems to have been a massive disaster all round.

In terms of recruitment, we have got to be looking at getting more creativity, width and threat into the team. Hippolyte is frustrating as hell most weeks, but today just confirmed that we are still much better off with his inconsistency than the alternative of Alex Harris. Him and Craigen are two I would be moving heaven and earth to get out the door in January, simply not good enough.
Loy was sitting in the main stand with his falkirk tracksuit on.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 12:26:42 PM

Not confident in him finding the right guys. Welsh is not what we need at all, he falls into the Craigen, McKee and Sibbald Catagory.

Can we not just sign someone over 6ft who can run 10k in a game and do the run around 7secs in a 60m sprint. That's all we need - 2 guys with a bit of pace, power and energy.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Wednesday 03rd 2018f January 2018 09:33:51 PM

I note according to the clubs cheerleading rag aka the herald we are trying to extend longridge’s loan from the accies. Far too inconsistent as witnessed by his woeful performance yesterday and another one of mounting signals that Hartley has been a potentially disastrous appointment. Hopefully accies decide they need to hang on to him with biabi returning to Swansea

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 12:36:31 AM

Longridge looks like he might be a player at times. Another player who lacks consistency except consistently making bad decisions and missing sitters.
Better than we have? Probably.
Good enough to take us forward? Questionable.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 09:08:02 AM

Longridge was a 1 good game in 6 for Hamilton. that's not the player we need. For me he's on a par with Mckee and not needed.

Big Powerful box-to box guys that's all we need

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Thursday 04th 2018f January 2018 06:22:16 PM

I see it’s confirmed that Jimmy Nichols has left the building and that we have received compensation. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mick McCardle now presumably out of a job at the academy being chosen as replacement