Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Kiddy » Friday 08th 2017f December 2017 02:29:15 PM

kennyboy wrote:
Wednesday 29th 2017f November 2017 11:19:25 AM
Hope he gets it correct as there is not a penny to spend. OUT LOY, HARRIS, WATSON, SIBBS, CRAIGAN. KIDD, HIPPO, AUSTIN.
No Kerr & Miller? :shock:
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 08th 2017f December 2017 07:52:16 PM

Kerr and miller are also coaches so if very much doubt either will be out the door.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 09th 2017f December 2017 09:30:54 AM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Friday 08th 2017f December 2017 07:52:16 PM
Kerr and miller are also coaches so if very much doubt either will be out the door.
IMO, they've designs on the management role, making them central to our current predicament, & should be emptied ASAP.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 09th 2017f December 2017 08:17:55 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 09th 2017f December 2017 09:30:54 AM
Brian Scrimegour wrote:
IMO, they've designs on the management role, making them central to our current predicament, & should be emptied ASAP.
I would keep Miller. Kerr and the rest of 1st team midfield needs gutted. Thats where the problems lie.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Saturday 09th 2017f December 2017 09:59:54 PM

Too many problem areas to sort out and feel its too late to save our season. Just far too many pussies in the squad who are not prepared to grind it out. Sad times, hopefully I'm wrong.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:27:50 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Thursday 30th 2017f November 2017 02:22:14 PM
I don't have confidence he can bring in players that will have us climb the table.

Its hard to get in players in January and loans are very hit or miss. I assume at least one will arrive from Celtic as Hartley and Brendan Rogers are pals.

Does anyone think Longridge is an improvement in what we have, I have my doubts- I get that shopping in the emergency loan market is a bit like shopping in the Farmfoods Bargain bin (poor choice and worrying quality)

I think we're in a bit of a death spiral, the team needs gutting have to just hope Brechin stay crap and we win the playoffs.
He clearly stated that he plans to bring in a better quality than we have and had been looking down south.

Would be surprised if we dont have a few from the English market as a result of what he said.

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:28:36 PM

Kiddy wrote:
Saturday 09th 2017f December 2017 09:30:54 AM
Brian Scrimegour wrote:
^^^^
This

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:47:55 PM

Back Post Misses wrote:
Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:27:50 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:
I don't have confidence he can bring in players that will have us climb the table.

Its hard to get in players in January and loans are very hit or miss. I assume at least one will arrive from Celtic as Hartley and Brendan Rogers are pals.

Does anyone think Longridge is an improvement in what we have, I have my doubts- I get that shopping in the emergency loan market is a bit like shopping in the Farmfoods Bargain bin (poor choice and worrying quality)

I think we're in a bit of a death spiral, the team needs gutting have to just hope Brechin stay crap and we win the playoffs.
He clearly stated that he plans to bring in a better quality than we have and had been looking down south.

Would be surprised if we dont have a few from the English market as a result of what he said.
Presumably it will be younger players from academy set-ups. I think that is a massive risk, relying on inexperienced players with little if any exposure to first-team football, to get us out of the mess we are in.

Hartley's number one priority should be to look for a couple of leaders, including someone who can take the captaincy. We're soft as s***e all over the park, no drive from anywhere.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 11:50:36 PM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:47:55 PM
Back Post Misses wrote:
Sunday 10th 2017f December 2017 12:27:50 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:

Presumably it will be younger players from academy set-ups. I think that is a massive risk, relying on inexperienced players with little if any exposure to first-team football, to get us out of the mess we are in.

Hartley's number one priority should be to look for a couple of leaders, including someone who can take the captaincy. We're soft as s***e all over the park, no drive from anywhere.
I completely agree, we have no leaders. The guys you would look to with experience to organise us on the pitch, Miller and Kerr are quiet as hell. No one else seems to talk much during the game either. Seems a bit of a trend in modern football to be honest but we desperately need to find someone that can get us going in the middle of the pitch.

What a sad change from the McCall season where we had an abundance of leaders from back to front- Ferguson, Hughes, James, Nichols, McQuilken, Tosh, McPherson, Coyle

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Wednesday 13th 2017f December 2017 02:55:45 PM

Striker Adam Nelson and left-back Tommy Robson of Sunderland being mooted as January signings in the Falkirk Herald.

A roll of the dice on these two.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 19th 2017f December 2017 07:02:42 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Wednesday 13th 2017f December 2017 02:55:45 PM
Striker Adam Nelson and left-back Tommy Robson of Sunderland being mooted as January signings in the Falkirk Herald.

A roll of the dice on these two.
Tommy Robson confirmed by SAFC on an initial 6-month deal.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Thursday 21st 2017f December 2017 08:54:50 PM

I am hearing up to 14 players will go in January. I guess we must need the money that was earmarked for the academy to pay most of them off, hence the decision to close it asap. This is only a rumour at present, but it would certainly make sense at the quick decision on the academy, using the money to terminate contracts.

12-14 to go, if it was my pick would be

Thomson

Muirhead
Gasporotto
Watson
Kidd
Tumilty (at end of loan jan 19th)
Finlayson (if he is actually on a contract)

Henderson
Kerr
Blues
Harris
Craigen

Shepherd
Longridge
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 22nd 2017f December 2017 08:38:38 AM

I think that list is pretty much spot on, but I would keep Kerr. Not in a plying capacity, but in a coaching role.
Even when he returned to us 3 or so years ago, his touch and short passing was something I always admired.
In the past 12 months his legs have gone and it has ended up been like watching Tyson when he started getting beaten off hasbeens such as Danny Willams etc.
I was going to say Kerr would help the kids, but what kids? We've scrapped the acadamy...... :shock:

PS: That list just shows what an absolute pile of sh1t Housty brought in over the last year or so. None of these players were EVER good enough to play for a Falkitrk team of 3 years ago. How the mighty have fallen.
Here comes the doom.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Friday 22nd 2017f December 2017 08:46:25 AM

Good to hear rumours of mass clear outs but no doubt it will be mostly the red shirts (per Falkirk website) to suffer Star Trek style.

Just got to pray that Hartley can do something and pull a rabbit out the hat to turn our fortunes around during H2.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 23rd 2017f December 2017 11:09:19 PM

Guy sat next to me at Dumbarton talking to FFC jacket wearing official, and I hear them confirm loy is away back to St Mirren in next week or two.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 12:05:13 AM

Not really too bothered about the current situation.
Houston took us to this position and Hartley has been given a poisoned chalice.
All Olaf Thom’s predictions have come true about lazy signings.
At least there will be a big changeover in January and we can see what the future brings.
At some time or another all teams go through this experience and it’s not nice but it’s essential.
Actually, I’m quite hopeful.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 10:48:15 AM

dixie chicken wrote:
Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 12:05:13 AM
At least there will be a big changeover in January and we can see what the future brings.
At some time or another all teams go through this experience and it’s not nice but it’s essential.
Olaf’s ‘predictions’!? His lazy signings were a nonsense. Fair enough to point where Houston got it wrong with signings however using his criteria the same could be said of Jack Ross at the moment and his St.Mirren team which is full of ex Hearts/Scottish players.

The fact is Houston’s successful team of 2015/16 were starting to fail and Houston failed to recognise the areas that needed strengthening or bring in good enough quality to kick us on. Where we’re at just now is due to bad recruitment during Houston’s last couple of transfer windows and a potential dressing room rift that may still be hampering us.

Honestly anyone could predict a Falkirk team to start failing but that doesn’t make you a messiah. Had Olaf had the humility to admit when he was wrong then fine but he swapped making what could have been a reasonable point to an attention seeking diatribe. His inability to listen to reason is probably what has turned people off this forum.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 03:14:51 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Sunday 24th 2017f December 2017 12:05:13 AM
Steve Clarke has totally transformed a woeful Kilmarnock side. Good managers make the very best of what is available to them, and dont look for excuses about not having their own players. Hartleys lack of impact so far has been disappointing and his track record of signings at Dundee is nothing to write home about. If you're not bothered about the current situation, I think you will be in a minority. We'll still be left with a lot of dross come 1st February, I cannot see any demand or market for the likes of Harris, Craigen, Kidd, McKee, Kerr, Watson.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 06:13:08 PM

The rebuld begins, Austin departs, by mutual consent.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Wednesday 27th 2017f December 2017 06:49:18 PM

Thought he was going to do well but completely lost his way.
This the start of ‘clearing the decks’.