Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 07:32:09 PM

Just saw Miller’s statement. Dignified and professional as always from the man. Got to say a big thanks to him. Loved watching him play, got great memories of that last season at Brockville and he’s clearly a bairn through and through.

I did pick up on “up until the last few months I’ve enjoyed every minute of being a Falkirk player” clearly indicating disaccord with Hartley. These things happen in football and whatever he was promised prior to Hartley coming in obviously couldn’t be guaranteed from the moment Houston left, the academy being scrapped probably made it impossible to give him a job.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 09:22:04 PM

Sorry to see Lee go but do think we had him a season too long as with several others. Where I am upset however is the way the club have handled this. For Kerr and Miller to be told they are bad eggs at the club and that rumour circulated to force them out lacks class for two players who have given so much. So much about this just doesn’t add up. Whilst things on the park appear to be on the up off it things seem worse than ever

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 12:22:54 AM

Ricey wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 09:22:04 PM
Sorry to see Lee go but do think we had him a season too long as with several others. Where I am upset however is the way the club have handled this. For Kerr and Miller to be told they are bad eggs at the club and that rumour circulated to force them out lacks class for two players who have given so much. So much about this just doesn’t add up. Whilst things on the park appear to be on the up off it things seem worse than ever
Again though what is this rumour about them being bad eggs or treated unfairly? I’ve not heard exactly what it is that they’ve been accused of!

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 08:07:35 AM

It's a nonsense that rumours were circulated in order to move these guys on FFS.

Hartley would have made it clear that neither Kerr or Miller would feature in the first team - both simply too slow for what we need. I'd imagine neither would have been too happy about it but that's life. Considering the number of clubs Miller has played for then II'm sure he's had this conversation a few times. Dumping the academy probably didn't help - again, at a guess, at one point someone probably indicated there would be coaching potential at the club which would have supported a life after playing football.

It's seems that some are trying to say that Hartley has come in, been a c*nt to them both, and shown them the door. Miller's exit isn't just down to Hartley and I'm sure if the big man took an honest look at himself he'd admit his time has been up for months.

Always had a soft spot for Big Lee (and Kerr) but a few seem to be treating him as a club legend which I truly find odd. He's had what, two three year spells with us? The first spell was really all about that championship winning year during which he was excellent but didn't he force a move away from us along with a few others when promotion was denied? Just saying! Craig Sibbald, for example, has spent more time with us, has more appearances, and probably scored nearly as many goals and gets grief from a sizeable minority of idiots in our fan base. Strange.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 10:06:27 AM

Fair comment Jones. Wouldn’t put either down as a legend but they’ve been good servants for the club.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 01:16:03 PM

Another dud gone.
Craigen away.
Hartley doing a great job.

Honest Al
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Honest Al » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 01:37:49 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 01:16:03 PM
Another dud gone.
Craigen away.
I've a great deal of sympathy for James Craigen. Towards the end of last season he had his best spell for Falkirk playing in an attacking midfield role, scoring goals and delivering accurate, pacey balls from set pieces.
This season, the manager changed the set up to suit Alex Harris (?) and Craigen's appearances in general were limited to playing wide, or centrally in midfield, with the expectation to chase, harry and tackle strongly. That others were not capable of doing these duties in midfield is hardly his fault, as those were not his best qualities when he signed for Falkirk.

Yes, Sibbald is better in the attacking midfield role - not by much imo - but he'll be gone by the end of the season.

All the best for the future, James

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 01:54:12 PM

Likewise I felt Craigen was unfairly targeted by the boo boys. He didn’t get much of a run in the team and was constantly played out of position. Yes he’s not a hard hitting physical midfielder but his stats for goals and assists for the minutes he played is decent.

Having said that, I’m not too bothered about him leaving as there are several others I’d put in ahead of him now.

billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by billybairn » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 02:26:43 PM

I'll be happy if the only "player" out the door from now on is that waster Alex Harris.

At least Craigen was marginally better that that lump.

Think he still has 18 months to go, so will be very difficult to move. :(

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 03:01:03 PM

Not as bad as some make out, but equally a total waste of a signing. Never in a million years good enough to build a team around and not good enough for the premier league typical Houston signing.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

grumpyoldman
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by grumpyoldman » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 03:46:18 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 01:16:03 PM
Another dud gone.
Craigen away.
Hartley doing a great job.
Spot on

Just need the news that Kerr has done the same and my day will day will be complete

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 06:39:03 PM

Tumilty signs on loan til the end of the season...

I’m pleased with this in all honesty. I quite like the guy, knows how to play full back and is better than we’ve had in recent years in that position

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 17th 2018f January 2018 10:35:12 PM

Certainly no messing about these days. It’s amazing the turnaround in attitude in such a short space of time. It’s only a few months ago that the club seemed to be in a trance as one unimaginative and underwhelming signing after another arrived at the TFS.
Now (finally), the club seems to women from its slumbers thanks to Hartley’s arrival. He’s doesn’t seem overly interested in becoming pals with either the players or supporters, and doesn’t give the impression that he’s in much of a mood to take advice from everyone who’ll want to give it. Good.
Rightly or wrongly, he has his opinions, and is happy to run with them. Contrary to what we heard from Dundee, he isn’t trying to field a team consisting of a goalie and ten diminutive midfielders.
He is judging players on evidence, not hearsay, and once he’s been able to move on the player front, he’s got very little wrong. All in all, quite pleasing........and you just know he ain’t done yet.

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 08:36:36 AM

going by the form at the start of the season i don't think anyone can argue with any of the departures from the club, as has been said if the academy had still been around i would've kept miller and kerr in the coaching set up, but from what i've heard the writing has been on the wall from the moment hartley stepped foot in the dressing room for all the players that have under performed. i've no qualms about how you get the results to improve but it doesn't half leave a bitter taste !

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 10:49:34 AM

According to the Daily Express, Ian McCall is interested in signing Mark Kerr.

Ayr United is about his level and would be a good move for him.

Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:08:30 AM

havenbairn wrote:
Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 10:49:34 AM

Would be a good move for Kerr if he went there. A good servant to the Club and he can leave knowing he can continue playing.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:24:32 AM

Quidsin wrote:
Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:08:30 AM
havenbairn wrote:

Would be a good move for Kerr if he went there. A good servant to the Club and he can leave knowing he can continue playing.
agree with this. I like Mark Kerr been a great servant and always showed for games and the ball whatever game it was. would be a great move for both him and Ayr.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

grumpyoldman
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by grumpyoldman » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:44:03 AM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:
Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:24:32 AM
Quidsin wrote:
Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 11:08:30 AM
havenbairn wrote:

agree with this. I like Mark Kerr been a great servant and always showed for games and the ball whatever game it was. would be a great move for both him and Ayr.
Would be an even better move for us

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Creative Redemption » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 02:13:32 PM

Hartley is certainly moulding his own team, and Tumilty is a great addition to the end of the season.
My only concern with what Hartley uis doing is - what happens next season with a squad full of loan players? Will he need to build another squad over the summer? How do we get the momentum we need if the players all go back to their parents club?

My only other gripe is the way some folks disrespectful comments to some of our longer term players who have left the club. Regardless of their performances, some guys like Kerr put everything in to playing for the club and to hear some of the comments is pretty poor IMO.

That aside, onwards and upwards. COYB
Here comes the doom.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 02:43:16 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Thursday 18th 2018f January 2018 02:13:32 PM
Hartley is certainly moulding his own team, and Tumilty is a great addition to the end of the season.
My only concern with what Hartley uis doing is - what happens next season with a squad full of loan players? Will he need to build another squad over the summer? How do we get the momentum we need if the players all go back to their parents club?

My only other gripe is the way some folks disrespectful comments to some of our longer term players who have left the club. Regardless of their performances, some guys like Kerr put everything in to playing for the club and to hear some of the comments is pretty poor IMO.

That aside, onwards and upwards. COYB
agree with your comments