Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 397
Joined: Saturday 13th 2016f February 2016 09:51:27 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by John Markie » Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 09:13:12 PM

I still pine for a real centre half and Balatoni was better than we have by quite some distance.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8004
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 11:47:06 PM

Falkirkbairn90 wrote:
Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 08:10:50 PM
Striker from Watford til the end of the season...

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/alex-jakubia ... atford-fc/
This guy Alex looks an absolute tank! Credit to Hartley for tapping in to the Academies of Sunderland, Watford and Swansea (welcome back Ryan, show us what we’ve missed). The post-Houstie rebuilding is in full swing now. For all the controversy, the money which was used to fund FVFA is now being directed to the first team. The BODs are putting their money where their mouth is and I hope it pays off for us in the long run.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1658
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Duncan Freemason » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 12:18:53 AM

Whether or not it all pans out in our favour, it’s actually good to see half a team of virtual unknowns (to us at least) rock up to the TFS.
If nothing else, it at least shows that the early season “sleepwalking into relegation without a fight” feeling has gone.
PH is trying. None of this would have happened if Peter Houston was still in charge. Hopefully we can do that very Falkirk thing of taking these guys to our hearts, and turning them into cult players (for a while at least). When that happens with us Bairns, we do it better than anyone else.
What I’d give for two consecutive wins......

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 187
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 09:14:23 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 12:18:53 AM
Whether or not it all pans out in our favour, it’s actually good to see half a team of virtual unknowns (to us at least) rock up to the TFS.
If nothing else, it at least shows that the early season “sleepwalking into relegation without a fight” feeling has gone.
PH is trying. None of this would have happened if Peter Houston was still in charge. Hopefully we can do that very Falkirk thing of taking these guys to our hearts, and turning them into cult players (for a while at least). When that happens with us Bairns, we do it better than anyone else.
What I’d give for two consecutive wins......
Agree with this Duncan. After seeing the likes of Longridge, Robson & Nelson coming in I think we can safely say the calibre of player Hartley is bringing in is a cut above that of Houston. Albeit Houston had the FVFA there so maybe an unfair comparison. Great to see young academy graduates from big teams down south coming up. Reminds me of the Stokes, Cregg & Schmeichal days where the happy memories were. This season is a write off and survival is the aim imo but if this kind of recruitment continues and we flush the rest of the dross out of the squad then I’m confident we will make a push for promotion next season.

User avatar
Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5141
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 08:17:26 PM
Location: Nova Prospekt.

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 10:22:22 AM

Stokes, Cregg, Krul were all great.

Supporters of a slightly older vintage might remember introducing unknowns called Finnigan and Iorfa into a struggling team with slightly less success, or Alex Totten's desperate flailings on Brown, Tano, Wilkie, Convery... in the deadly 02 season.

Just pointing out that if you gamble (and we have to) then you sometimes lose.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Dade » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 10:49:42 AM

Ranaldo Bairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 10:22:22 AM
Stokes, Cregg, Krul were all great.

Supporters of a slightly older vintage might remember introducing unknowns called Finnigan and Iorfa into a struggling team with slightly less success, or Alex Totten's desperate flailings on Brown, Tano, Wilkie, Convery... in the deadly 02 season.

Just pointing out that if you gamble (and we have to) then you sometimes lose.
There is some excitement into bringing unknown players and I’m convinced Hartley has done his homework in to these guys however it is as much frought with risk as bringing in folk from the Scottish market. We’ve had as much success buying in our own back yard as we have done bringing in unknowns. St.Mirren certainly benefitting from the former anyway, this season, as we done in 15/16.

Anyway fingers crossed we can continue increasing our win percentage.

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20371
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Kiddy » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 11:25:41 AM

Everyone knew it was going to be a major task for Hartley to turn things round.
With no cash to spend, he's limited to swaps/loans/players out of contract.
The current crop weren't cutting it & he needed a massive turnaround in playing staff.
At least he's making a fist of it.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

User avatar
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 385
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2010f May 2010 09:37:22 AM
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Creative Redemption » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 01:19:18 PM

This is great news, and Hartley HAD to do this, but his results on the field to date have been worse than I could ever expected.
Dundee Utd game apart, there has been no improvement at all in our performances, in fact, its not beyond reason to say they are worse than under Houston.
The excuse that he is working with Housty's squad does not wash with me, So did Alex Smith and he won two on the bounce - something Hartley to date has not managed. 2 wins in 13 (11 points from a possible 39) games is appauling and he would have been sacked by any other club with those stats.
I do hope once these guys gel we will begin to climb out of the relagation zone and in to mid table medriocrity.
He needs to show improvement by the end of January IMO, or I would be seriously doubting his ability to take us out of this mess.
It might be harsh to say that, but he took on the job knowing what was required, and to date he has not delivered. He has certainly been given the backing, so I would say after 16 or 17 games in charge if there is no improvement his position should be looked at.
Not being negative, just a realist.
There is still a very slim outstide chance of Playoffs if we went on a run, so I am really hopeful he can turn it around and get us a few wins on the bounce.

COYB
Here comes the doom.

User avatar
ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 612
Joined: Wednesday 22nd 2006f November 2006 02:41:58 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by ellonbairn » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 02:31:13 PM

John Markie wrote:
Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 09:13:12 PM
I still pine for a real centre half and Balatoni was better than we have by quite some distance.
Can someone please remind me why he left. Hartley not like him or vice versa or something else?
I was impressed with Balatoni though only saw him a few times

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 331
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by AL_bairn » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:12:13 PM

ellonbairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 02:31:13 PM
John Markie wrote:
Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 09:13:12 PM
I still pine for a real centre half and Balatoni was better than we have by quite some distance.
Can someone please remind me why he left. Hartley not like him or vice versa or something else?
I was impressed with Balatoni though only saw him a few times
I don't know for certain but i'd guess it was because we had loads of central defenders and he was the easiest to get off the books with him being out of contract.

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 658
Joined: Thursday 29th 2009f January 2009 04:04:38 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by stupac07 » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:29:15 PM

AL_bairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:12:13 PM
ellonbairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 02:31:13 PM
John Markie wrote:
Thursday 11th 2018f January 2018 09:13:12 PM
I still pine for a real centre half and Balatoni was better than we have by quite some distance.
Can someone please remind me why he left. Hartley not like him or vice versa or something else?
I was impressed with Balatoni though only saw him a few times
I don't know for certain but i'd guess it was because we had loads of central defenders and he was the easiest to get off the books with him being out of contract.
He picked up an injury and the club wasn't sure how long he was going to be out for is what I have heard.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4920
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Pete » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:40:26 PM

is there a limit to how many loans a club can make in a season or how many loanees can be included in a matchday squad?

User avatar
ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 612
Joined: Wednesday 22nd 2006f November 2006 02:41:58 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by ellonbairn » Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 05:09:54 PM

stupac07 wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:29:15 PM
AL_bairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 03:12:13 PM
ellonbairn wrote:
Friday 12th 2018f January 2018 02:31:13 PM


Can someone please remind me why he left. Hartley not like him or vice versa or something else?
I was impressed with Balatoni though only saw him a few times
I don't know for certain but i'd guess it was because we had loads of central defenders and he was the easiest to get off the books with him being out of contract.
He picked up an injury and the club wasn't sure how long he was going to be out for is what I have heard.
Thanks

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 658
Joined: Thursday 29th 2009f January 2009 04:04:38 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by stupac07 » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 11:31:33 AM

Are we looking to bring anyone else in or is that us done our business for January?

User avatar
billybairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 616
Joined: Friday 10th 2009f July 2009 05:28:30 PM
Location: Sunny Slough

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by billybairn » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 01:28:51 PM

That's big Lee gone now.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/lee-miller-departs/

Sorry to see him go. Hopefully Kerr not far behind him.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Dade » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:02:29 PM

billybairn wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 01:28:51 PM
That's big Lee gone now.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/lee-miller-departs/

Sorry to see him go. Hopefully Kerr not far behind him.
Yeh I’ll second that. His time was nearing an end but he was still an effective player for us in recent times. Just a shame that most of his recent appearances he was played up top on his own.

Again though I see Rodgers saying about how the club has tried to tarnish his reputation. What are these rumours? The only one I can see throwing them about is Rodgers. Not like I’ve heard Hartley come out and slate Miller.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4650
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:17:11 PM

You cannot win a fight against your boss and Paul Hartley is his boss.
Shame it ended the way it did and he could have maybe helped Nelson, O'Hara and Jakubiak
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

User avatar
dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sunday 24th 2006f September 2006 10:48:38 AM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by dixie chicken » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:18:57 PM

Dade wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:02:29 PM
billybairn wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 01:28:51 PM
That's big Lee gone now.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/lee-miller-departs/

Sorry to see him go. Hopefully Kerr not far behind him.
Yeh I’ll second that. His time was nearing an end but he was still an effective player for us in recent times. Just a shame that most of his recent appearances he was played up top on his own.

Again though I see Rodgers saying about how the club has tried to tarnish his reputation. What are these rumours? The only one I can see throwing them about is Rodgers. Not like I’ve heard Hartley come out and slate Miller.
Who is Rodgers?
Are you referring to the Celtic Manager?

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1658
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:31:20 PM

Just would like to say “thanks” to big Lee for his time with us. There’s a few guys (and I do mean a few) that regardless of circumstances, always give all that they’ve got to give, and for me, Lee Miller will always be remembered as one of that small band of players.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Hartley to rebuild squad in transfer window

Post by Dade » Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 04:03:38 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:18:57 PM
Dade wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 03:02:29 PM
billybairn wrote:
Tuesday 16th 2018f January 2018 01:28:51 PM
That's big Lee gone now.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/lee-miller-departs/

Sorry to see him go. Hopefully Kerr not far behind him.
Yeh I’ll second that. His time was nearing an end but he was still an effective player for us in recent times. Just a shame that most of his recent appearances he was played up top on his own.

Again though I see Rodgers saying about how the club has tried to tarnish his reputation. What are these rumours? The only one I can see throwing them about is Rodgers. Not like I’ve heard Hartley come out and slate Miller.
Who is Rodgers?
Are you referring to the Celtic Manager?
Andrew Rodgers. Been spouting off about Hartley on Twitter saying how he’s treated Miller and Kerr has been a disgrace.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests