Vs Morton

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Vs Morton

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 06:32:32 PM

Almost decided to go to this and by god I’m glad I didn’t. What a diabolical result at home. We are in serious bother and Hartley desperately needs a settled back 4. Team is changing too much. I’m officially worried!

Romaines of the Day
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Re: Vs Morton

Post by Romaines of the Day » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 06:37:51 PM

Two words which I hope will be reality in January: wholesale clearout!

Or is our board's idea to make a charge for the League One title? If so, then we'll need the shower that currently pockets a wage for services withheld?

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 07:08:14 PM

for spells in that match we actually looked ok but we desperately need a bit of quality in the middle of the park, a bit of luck could've swung that result our way but it didn't so its back to the drawing board for hartley and co. who is going to take any of our imposters in January to make room for any of hartleys potential recruits, totally lethargic and pedantic at times ???

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 07:16:35 PM

Left at half time.
Grandkids totally fed up.
Once again it was obvious we would never score.
Certainly some bad luck but nobody wants to exert any authority.
Sadly lacking leadership on the field.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 07:27:25 PM

As things stand, relegation is a certainty. We'd be doing well to get the play-off spot.

Morton did not even have to be anything special to beat us. The sight of Harkins charging past our so-called midfield to set up the third sums us up.Worst Falkirk team in years, far worse than even Totten's final season disaster. Highlight of the day was Austin getting MOM.

I have lost all track of who is currently injured, how long they are out, who is out of favour, who just cannot be arsed. The Loy situation surely has to be brought to an end soon.

It is an unholy mess, where do you even start, worryingly I am not sure Hartley knows either.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 08:10:53 PM

I actually didn't think we were that bad today ( dont get me wrong we werd far from great too) but are finding new ways to lose games and not score. we hit the post and Miller had two great chances at 2-0 if either had gone in its 2-1 and game on instead it goes to 3-0. Muirhead needs to take some blame for setting the tone of the game by giving away a penalty within 9 minutes especially when first goal was crucial to get the fans going.

Harkins was easily motm today absolutely strolled it.

something seems far wrong with our club just now for some reason players have downed tools and the poor communication doesn't help. dies anyone actually know what's happening with loy? don't get me started on the terrible programme as well as the usual missing league table and fixtures it had photos missing from it as well. what other product can you pay so much money take do much time and get treated so poorly?

it's still the 1st April since I've seen us win a league game even with terrible luck and shoot players you'd expect to fluke a win in 8 months.

as for the players today thought Thomson was poor at the second (a corner again) slow and inaccurate releasing the ball. Muirhead s temperament costs us a penalty. the other 3 at the back did okay. the new right back gave his all but was worryingly laced for speed several time by the Morton winger. into midfield and I thought the young lad Dunne looked like a fish out of water today and was rightly hooked at half time we can't afford passengers on our position. hippo didn't go for some fifty fiftys and I think Hartley shook his head at a few of them so he too was hooked at half time. longridge and Harris did usual short bursts of good action but no real end product. longridge had chances to shoot a few times and didn't which was frustrating. craigen was poor. Kerr was average but needs to be played due to lack of options. Austin was poor apart from a couple of good runs in the first half. he missed again a couple of really good header chances. Miller at least creates something but like Kerr is only getting played as there are no options.

on Hartley I know he has a tough job but he needs to find a formation and players that can get a win .this squad on paper should be doing a helluva lot better.

if I didn't have z season ticket there is no way I'd have gone today in that freezing cold. I understand Dixie leaving at half time I stayed till full time and my kids must hate me....
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 08:29:11 PM

An odd game. Better team up to the penalty and had Austin been any use we wouldve been a goal up and in control. Instead, we f*ck things up and give a soft penalty away. Then everything went to sh1t.

Morton did not look great at all. It's staggering they won with a 3 goal margin but when you have absolute sh1tebags like Hippolyte doing everything they can not to win the ball and showing minimum effort then it's little surprise. I'd send Hippo off to train on his own. He's a f*cking disgrace.

Serious issues at the club. In terms of on the pitch, I really dunno how Hartley can turn this one around without a complete overhaul of the squad. Houston has left the squad in tatters and with zero money it's going to have to be a Summer clear out which could, ridiculously, be to face a season in League One. Astonishing really.

I just don't get what the hell our midfielders are thinking. It surely can't be a tactical thing as I refuse to believe that Hartley has our centre mids doing the exact same thing as Houston did but seriously, what is the worth of Kerr hanging about between our centre halves when we have possession and Craigen within 15 yards? Can someone give me one reasonable explanation? I just don't get it.

We've been losing games for months because the spine of our side is dog sh1t.

If I were Hartley I'd start playing with 5 at the back. Stop the rot and get a couple of points on the board. It's that bad. The Brechin game is getting bigger and bigger by the week.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 08:42:24 PM

We must be close to the bottom of the emotional cycle, as we are now starting to forgive nonsense like today.
No team has a God given right to anything in this league, but my goodness, when a group of players are as collectively broken as we are, then getting horsed week in, week out is exactly what you deserve.
I am of an age where booing my own team is never going to happen, but equally, nor can I buy into today's latest shambles being brought about by a bit of bad luck.

I remember Totten's last side very well, and sadly, I have to agree. This collection might actually be worse.
Clearly not playing for the club, not playing for the manager, and a few clearly not even capable of putting in a shift for their own personal pride.
Sadly, I think this bunch still haven't hit rock bottom. I think there's a five, six, or even seven goal hammering on the cards. For this season, Hartley may well have been handed a Mission Impossible script.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 09:59:22 PM

WE DONT SCORE GOALS!!!!!!

You can have all the “keep it tight”all you want but if you carry no threat it only puts more pressure on the defence and the opposition get confidence.

I got stick on here for saying Austin was rubbish last year, after today how can his imposter play for us again. He is awful, slow to get in the box, awful first touch and when he gets in the box, he looks to dive rather than have a shot. He’s a joke!

Have to feel sorry for Hartley, he’s trying to do everything to get a winning formula, but these bunch of losers are so gutless. I worry about the loan signings Longridge is poor and the new guy looked poor too. I assume the emergency loan market is last resort shop but these signing don’t indicate an eye for a player.

BTW Where is Loy gone to this time?
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 10:37:27 PM

having had the pleasure of watching the team through previous disasters like clarke,lambie,bannon,totten and hughes last season this team will in the future be placed somewhere amongst them in our glorious history of feck ups !! wouldn't be the slightest surprised if hartley went to the board on monday and basically said "there's nothing i can do with this shower o shoot" cheerio !! and if some of the younger fans are wondering wtf.......you aint seen nothing yet !!

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 10:39:30 PM

It's either get rid of the manager or the club allows the manager to get rid of majority of the squad and start again.

From what I've been told the players pretty much hate Hartley. Not sure if that's true or not but by what's happening on the pitch it looks as if that's the case.

Was also told that Loy won't play for us again. Don't know the ins and outs but again looks to be true seeing as he was nowhere near the squad today.

Personally I'd let Hartley punt the lot and start again.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 11:08:50 PM

I hope they hate him, that means he’s doing his job.

Paul Hartley and Jimmy Nicholl have had better careers than any of these bunch of losers will ever have, if they won’t listen to them, who will they listen to? Just covering up their own ineptitude.

They more importantly have a managerial track record.

nah! These players are wasters, mental midgets, losers and scumbags
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Falkirkfan6871
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Falkirkfan6871 » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 12:19:13 AM

This season reminds me of St Mirrens last year.

They changed manager got Ross in and got new players in January.

I’d let Hartley do the same. Let him ship these players out and start a fresh.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 12:56:01 AM

AL_bairn wrote:
Saturday 25th 2017f November 2017 10:39:30 PM
It's either get rid of the manager or the club allows the manager to get rid of majority of the squad and start again.

From what I've been told the players pretty much hate Hartley. Not sure if that's true or not but by what's happening on the pitch it looks as if that's the case.

Was also told that Loy won't play for us again. Don't know the ins and outs but again looks to be true seeing as he was nowhere near the squad today.

Why do they hate him?

chippo1876
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by chippo1876 » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 07:23:34 AM

AL_bairn wrote:

so going by that statement does that mean they hated houston too after 2 decent seasons and they must also hate the support to put in those type of performances ?

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 09:19:09 AM

chippo1876 wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 07:23:34 AM
AL_bairn wrote:

so going by that statement does that mean they hated houston too after 2 decent seasons and they must also hate the support to put in those type of performances ?
I was thinking that too. There’s nowhere for them to hide the manager has been changed with someone who has a decent record elsewhere and they’re still performing badly. Even if they do hate the manager then it’s still no excuse.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 09:49:34 AM

Pete wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 12:56:01 AM
AL_bairn wrote:

Why do they hate him?
Wasn't told the ins and outs just that the players don't like him and Loy won't play for us again under Hartley.

Whether that is true or not time will tell.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 09:54:03 AM

chippo1876 wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 07:23:34 AM
AL_bairn wrote:

What has the support got to do with anything? If they don't like that manager they won't play for him simple as that.

Just look what happened to Mourihno at Chelsea when they players downed tools for him.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 10:23:52 AM

AL_bairn wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 09:54:03 AM
Just look what happened to Mourihno at Chelsea when they players downed tools for him.
True, but in that scenario, Chelsea showed themselves to be the b@stards they are and sacked the gaffer rather than turf out the c*nts in the squad causing the issues. In these scenarios, I'll always back the manager over players.

I don't know the truth behind what is going on with our players but it's something significant and it's something that's likely been festering long before the Summer months came. Hartley needs to quickly identify which of the squad is behind him and to work with that core set of players. Cut the rest. If that means the majority of yesterday's starting eleven don't play again for us this season then so be it.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 10:52:32 AM

Sir Jones wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 10:23:52 AM
AL_bairn wrote:
Sunday 26th 2017f November 2017 09:54:03 AM
True, but in that scenario, Chelsea showed themselves to be the b@stards they are and sacked the gaffer rather than turf out the c*nts in the squad causing the issues. In these scenarios, I'll always back the manager over players.

I don't know the truth behind what is going on with our players but it's something significant and it's something that's likely been festering long before the Summer months came. Hartley needs to quickly identify which of the squad is behind him and to work with that core set of players. Cut the rest. If that means the majority of yesterday's starting eleven don't play again for us this season then so be it.
Couldn't agree more.