Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Re: Kevin O`Hara

Post by gruezi ffc » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 12:28:26 AM

Dade wrote:
Wednesday 06th 2017f December 2017 10:26:32 PM
gruezi ffc wrote:
Wednesday 06th 2017f December 2017 08:39:46 PM
Now we have a 4 week ban on Joe McKee !!!!

Irrespective of what you think of either player .....being hung out to dry by the club is appalling.

I have the feeling there are a few on the BoD who are spineless on this. They are more interested in not rocking the boat for their prestigious positions within the hierarchy...than protecting their own players. The situation with Doug Henderson epitomises this.... they would rather have their crony sidekick within their ranks than abandon him as the shareholders and fans want. If there is anyone with a sense of decency on the BoD (and I know there are) then they should make their feelings known and resign if there is not a fundamental change within the club !!!!
Thing is, if he's genuinely made fun at Shiels for missing and eye then what do you expect them to say?

The only annoying thing about this is the inconsistency of the SFA. When you consider the retrospective punishment Hippolyte got for his apparent dive at Dunfermline compared to things like Scott Brown getting a red card rescinded and Sinclair not even getting cited for a clear dive in the League cup final.

I've no problems with players getting suspended if found guilty of abusing someones disability but I do have a grievance with the consistency of the punishment for such matters.
I'm not condoning what they did.... but the severity of the punishment is absolutely ridiculous. This is what Falkirk BoD should be appealing about, rather than accepting the sentence handed out.

Shiels reckless and intentional tackle could easily have ended the livelihood of a Falkirk player with the consequences that follows. If that had happened, what would the SFA have done ??? ...a slap on the wrist and a 2 or 3 week ban ???

There are so many things here that are wrong and precedents have now been set. The SFA have taken this decision based on heresay from staff of the club involved rather than the match officials (apparently). Will this happen all the time now ? Will any derogatory comment to another player result in an 4/8 match ban ? What is (and not) considered derogatory ? Why should a verbal comment be a whole lot worse than an all out physical attack ???
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 10:04:52 AM

I would think that we surely must have grounds to appeal the McKee decision Which reeks of making things up as you go along. If he slagged off shiels regarding his eye then why does he get half the ban? If it wasnt about his disability and was simply abuse then their going to have to start banning an awful lot of players for 4 matches over the next few weeks.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 11:39:39 AM

The whole thing is just symptomatic of the current culture of ‘being offended’. Poor wee soul!!
No one was hurt in this incident so what’s the big deal?
Ridiculous!!
If he had been the victim of a bad tackle and had his leg broken the offender would have been red carded and given a 2match ban.
Where’s the justice in that?

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 12:33:24 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 10:04:52 AM
I would think that we surely must have grounds to appeal the McKee decision Which reeks of making things up as you go along. If he slagged off shiels regarding his eye then why does he get half the ban? If it wasnt about his disability and was simply abuse then their going to have to start banning an awful lot of players for 4 matches over the next few weeks.
That's a good point and deserves answered.

Gruezi, not going over this argument again. Quite simply you either regard having one eye as a disability in which case it's considered a hate crime or you don't. All this issues of what you say and what you can't say are moot above this point. Religion, sexuality, disability and race are things you just can't abuse people about and rightly so.

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 05:01:11 PM

Dade wrote:
Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 12:33:24 PM
Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 10:04:52 AM
That's a good point and deserves answered.

Gruezi, not going over this argument again. Quite simply you either regard having one eye as a disability in which case it's considered a hate crime or you don't. All this issues of what you say and what you can't say are moot above this point. Religion, sexuality, disability and race are things you just can't abuse people about and rightly so.
That is not what I am arguing about. I am arguing about the severity of the ban. An 8 match ban for mouthing off during a football match is not the same as trying to intentionally hurt someone physically and possibly cut short their career, which would only result in a red card and a ban of a few weeks.

If the SFA have set a precedent, then they need to be consistent...which you can bet will not be the case.
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

ekbairn
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by ekbairn » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 06:22:44 PM

Ryan Jack has just received a 3 game ban for what could have been a career ending "tackle" on Stevie May. Obviously words are worse than an assault. Not condoning what O'Hara or possibly McKee did but need to get these hammer throwers punished correctly.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 09:10:49 PM

ekbairn wrote:
Thursday 07th 2017f December 2017 06:22:44 PM
Ryan Jack has just received a 3 game ban for what could have been a career ending "tackle" on Stevie May. Obviously words are worse than an assault. Not condoning what O'Hara or possibly McKee did but need to get these hammer throwers punished correctly.
Jack put his foot through a ball and studded Mays ankle. It was unfortunate but not a malicious tackle. Besides football is a contact sport so these things can happen.
If Jack done a Cantona on May then I’d hope he’d receive a longer ban.

Blatantly abusing someone isn’t as dubious as trying to establish intent to hurt an opponent.