QotS v Us

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

QotS v Us

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 28th 2017f October 2017 05:00:27 PM

No hiding place now!

If there is an upside to Houston's disastrous season, it's that we now know there wasn't really and "loss of the dressing room".
He simply signed players who are nowhere near the required standard (either physically or mentally), and none of the flops are giving Hartley a hard time in identifying who needs to find themselves on a one way trip through the exit door asap.

I say again, I never wanted Peter Houston's time with us to end badly, but my God, Hartley does seem to have been handed the poisoned chalice right enough.

kent brockman
First Team regular
First Team regular

Re: QotS v Us

Post by kent brockman » Saturday 28th 2017f October 2017 08:30:23 PM

Just back from Dumfries and another disappointing performance.

We are still second bottom of the league but hopefully when Grant, Taiwo, Sibbald and Loy return we will start to climb the table.
Its not the taking part that counts......its the WINNING.

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Sunday 29th 2017f October 2017 07:14:22 AM

Think after that result this season is all about damage limitation by the manager

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Sunday 29th 2017f October 2017 10:24:38 AM

Just watched the highlights. First goal poor pass back and poor goalkeeping. Second one long punt and goalkeeper stuck in no mans land. Third muirhead allows the boy a free header . 4th no one tackles Dobbie and then Gallacher does his usual stand 6 feet away from the striker allowing him an easy finish. Absolute school boy defending alround.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 10:57:18 AM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Sunday 29th 2017f October 2017 10:24:38 AM
...Third muirhead allows the boy a free header ...
Kerr also shoulders some of the blame as he jumps too early and misses it at the front post allowing it to get to the un-marked QotS player.

There isn't enough goals in the team either and Austin is another who flatters to deceive. There is a player in there but his game currently is lacking the killer instinct. The open goal he misses from the cross at 1 nil down, I think, should be bread and butter for him.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:39:53 PM

We shouldn't be so hard on the team, as some players may have self-esteem issues and now with the lack of daylight, we really should make allowances as seasonal affective disorder is real and will certainly cause a dip in performance levels.

Everyone knows Falkirk FC isn't about results, we as fans should be happy that our players are spiritually and emotionally doing well.

Looking forward to seeing further improvement for the players as they get increased mindfulness and try to achieve further enlightenment.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 02:07:50 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 30th 2017f October 2017 12:39:53 PM
We shouldn't be so hard on the team, as some players may have self-esteem issues and now with the lack of daylight, we really should make allowances as seasonal affective disorder is real and will certainly cause a dip in performance levels.

Everyone knows Falkirk FC isn't about results, we as fans should be happy that our players are spiritually and emotionally doing well.

Looking forward to seeing further improvement for the players as they get increased mindfulness and try to achieve further enlightenment.
I am taking your bait Olaf as I do think your dark humour is becoming of the eve of Halloween and probably a sad reflection of the dispassionate attitude you profess to confess!!!!!!!!

Still with fans like you what does it matter..............although still remain to be convinced that you actually are a true Bairn supporter.........could you be from the dark side?????????