Waste and dross

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Re: Waste and dross

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 03:33:33 PM

I think if you do have personal issues most of us are expected not to bring them to our work though. It is difficult to comment though when you don't know the ins and outs of it. Bereavement etc is a different scale from having a bust up with the wife for instance. I don't think the club have helped matters by not even mentioning him for the past 4 weeks especially as they still are putting it down to him 'not being well' . If that is indeed the case then surely an update was due long before now.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 10:24:10 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 01:45:38 PM
What personal agenda? You do realise we pay players to play football, Loy signed a 2 year deal, we are now almost a quarter of the way through that and he’s not doing his job.

This forum is for Falkirk Fans, we all want Falkirk to win. Our highest paid players aren’t available or giving value for money - wasting the clubs resources - we aren’t a charity.
Is your paranoia affecting your proportionality Olaf????

Time for a session on the therapist's couch to drill down to your issues!

PS think the proportionality is also affecting your arithmetic as maybe quarter through one season but that would be an eighth over a 2 year contract woul it not :clap:

dennybairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dennybairn » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 10:46:35 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 03:33:33 PM
I think if you do have personal issues most of us are expected not to bring them to our work though. It is difficult to comment though when you don't know the ins and outs of it. Bereavement etc is a different scale from having a bust up with the wife for instance. I don't think the club have helped matters by not even mentioning him for the past 4 weeks especially as they still are putting it down to him 'not being well' . If that is indeed the case then surely an update was due long before now.
It ain't the 1980s anymore and attitudes like that are the reason there is a problem.
Let's hear it for the lovely ladies.

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 06:09:04 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 11:48:24 PM
So anyone who is a bit unhappy or dealing with outside issues should be given a green light for unlimited time off because two of our former players topped themselves?

Really?
This is one of the most ignorant, ill-conceived comments I have ever read on here.
You call yourself a 'fan' and want what's best for the club we all support. Well really?

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 08:40:29 AM

dennybairn wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 10:46:35 PM
Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 03:33:33 PM
It ain't the 1980s anymore and attitudes like that are the reason there is a problem.
No use coming to your work if you cant perform 100%. It was obvious for weeks that something wasn't right with him and the club should've stepped in sooner and given him the time off to sort it out.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 10:27:33 AM

Must say that all this faux outrage towards Olaf Thom is a bit pathetic.
It seems to be that free speech is becoming harder and harder these days.
Everyone is a poor little snowflake who needs to be understood.
Apparently, this is the kind of stuff they propagate in our colleges and universities.
On the specifics, I haven’t a clue as to what’s wrong with Loy and Sibbald but neither have contributed anything towards their salaries. Fact!!
According to the FH, Loy is now much better, back in training and looking sharp, so let’s hope for better things.
Rather than pillory Olaf for having outspoken views, surely it would be better to argue his points with some cogent counter views rather than drown him out with a dose of namby pamby political correctness.
Please remember, he has been proven correct on most of his theories, especially the brilliant ‘lazy signings’of Houston.
The world needs a lot more colourful characters like Olaf Thom.
More power to your keyboard, sir. I salute you.
To Olaf — Are you an ice man?

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 10:33:38 AM

you and Olaf are living in the wrong century - pity we can't transport you back Star trek style

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 10:42:42 AM

dixie chicken wrote:
Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 10:27:33 AM
Apparently, this is the kind of stuff they propagate in our colleges and universities.
On the specifics, I haven’t a clue as to what’s wrong with Loy and Sibbald but neither have contributed anything towards their salaries. Fact!!
According to the FH, Loy is now much better, back in training and looking sharp, so let’s hope for better things.
Rather than pillory Olaf for having outspoken views, surely it would be better to argue his points with some cogent counter views rather than drown him out with a dose of namby pamby political correctness.
Please remember, he has been proven correct on most of his theories, especially the brilliant ‘lazy signings’of Houston.
You are a bigger halfwit for saluting this behaviour. enough said

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 11:43:28 AM

dixie chicken wrote:
How was this 'proven'. I must've missed all of the signings since Houstons departure which have 'proved' that by signing English non-league or obscure players we've never heard of has resulted in our surge up the league or change in playing style.

I'm not against free speech or else this forum might be an even quieter place but the whole premise of this thread was either naive or designed to provoke :wink:

We're also only two games into Hartley's tenure and Olaf has written off these players - Not Hartley - thus all of them could make a huge contribution to the remainder of the season.

I actually agree with the original point re Sibbald but he is with us now and like the others should be given a clean slate.
  • Recorded their 1st home league win of 2017/2018 campaign on 30th December 2017

Hannibal Lecturer
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Hannibal Lecturer » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 11:53:23 AM

If you've ever lost a family member or friend to depression you wouldn't make these silly remarks. Yeah this is their job, but that means fcuk all in comparison. I personally would give them a year off with full pay if it meant they could get themselves feeling better. Olaf, cut the boys a bit slack furfucksake.

kemlinbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by kemlinbairn » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 12:42:04 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Really?

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 12:53:56 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 11:43:28 AM
dixie chicken wrote:
How was this 'proven'. I must've missed all of the signings since Houstons departure which have 'proved' that by signing English non-league or obscure players we've never heard of has resulted in our surge up the league or change in playing style.

I'm not against free speech or else this forum might be an even quieter place but the whole premise of this thread was either naive or designed to provoke :wink:

We're also only two games into Hartley's tenure and Olaf has written off these players - Not Hartley - thus all of them could make a huge contribution to the remainder of the season.

I actually agree with the original point re Sibbald but he is with us now and like the others should be given a clean slate.
I’m wondering about this too. I commented on several threads disproving this notion which always ended up with Olaf unable to rebut the point and then spouting the same pish elsewhere. The guys a bafoon who just wants some form of Katie Hopkins celebratory by regurgitating unsubstantiated nonsense on here.

He could have made a point that would be halfway fair with regards to depression/mental health problems and the implications on costs to clubs/companies but instead decides to make his mind up about a situation he knows nothing about.

I didn’t want to jump on the bandwagon. I don’t know Olaf personally or his mental health status and don’t like to see someone be attacked by everyone, even Olaf, however he needs to understand that he can’t just come out with his usual swooping statements on such sensitive topics. A bit of tact wouldn’t go amiss.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 01:14:46 PM

dixie chicken wrote:
Suggested earlier in this thread that OLAF is an alter ego......................now wonder if DIXIE is connected here somewhere..............guys you know you are!!!!!!

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 02:50:00 PM

JaxinFalkirk wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 10:24:10 PM

PS think the proportionality is also affecting your arithmetic as maybe quarter through one season but that would be an eighth over a 2 year contract woul it not :clap:
First preseason game was 6th of July and last league game is 28th of April. Players don’t just get paid for league games.
It’s almost November, so nearer a half than a quarter .

Remind us what Sibbald and Loy have done for us in that time?
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 04:02:19 PM

[/quote]

First preseason game was 6th of July and last league game is 28th of April. Players don’t just get paid for league games.
It’s almost November, so nearer a half than a quarter .

[/quote]

So if any player misses a few games through injury or any other reason we should just get rid?

I'm sure when Loy and Sibbald are fully fit and ready to play they will both be big assets for Hartley.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 04:09:07 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 02:50:00 PM
So, if either had a broken leg or ACL injury would that make them less of a drain or should we cut our losses. You can never tell how players will recover from such problems after all...

To me, that is how inane your singling out of these players, especially Loy, is. They have a contract signed in good faith and regardless of what you think, they are entitled to see that out and receive the support of the club even in periods of poor form and god-forbid illness/injury.
  • Recorded their 1st home league win of 2017/2018 campaign on 30th December 2017

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 04:14:24 PM

Olaf and his alter ego Dixie are not worth the effort - just ignore

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 05:32:40 PM

rusty_nail wrote:
Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 04:09:07 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 02:50:00 PM
So, if either had a broken leg or ACL injury would that make them less of a drain or should we cut our losses. You can never tell how players will recover from such problems after all...

To me, that is how inane your singling out of these players, especially Loy, is. They have a contract signed in good faith and regardless of what you think, they are entitled to see that out and receive the support of the club even in periods of poor form and god-forbid illness/injury.
You did notice I didn’t include Mitchell on the list? There is a massive difference in being injured doing your job on company time and being unavailable to do your job for personal reasons.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 26th 2017f October 2017 09:33:28 PM

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 27th 2017f October 2017 12:53:21 PM

Only Olaf could get so many bites talking about a situation that we know hee haw about. :D