Waste and dross

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Waste and dross

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 23rd 2017f October 2017 08:11:40 PM

We are 2nd bottom the league and more than likely have the 2nd Highest budget look at our squad and you will be hard pressed to find a club in Scotland with so much waste as a percentage of their budget

Paul Watson - so far out the picture and no bloody wonder, given another year because Houston couldn't be arsed filling in release forms.
Luca Gasparotto - no use and unfit - waster
Liam Henderson, I have no idea, but another invisible man on the payroll
Lewis Kidd, was signed as a crock, has been crocked, isn't much good and is crocked again.
James Craigen - too slow, makes bad decisions, squad player on a good day.
Mark Kerr if we had any desire to win the league you cannot waste money on Kerr.
Scott Shepherd, been on loan 3 times and rarely played in pub leagues, if he was going to make it, he'd have made it by now - still given a new deal

2 controversial ones
Craig Sibbald - this guy is taking the absolute pish, I'd have cut my losses and let him go - Nobody knows how screw over the club than "one of our own" see George Craig. Now we are seeing why no one signed him - lack of physicality and mentally weak.
Rory Loy - Missing games for personal reasons, he's a bloody footballer not a pilot or a brain surgeon where lives matter - Christ! most people play sports to take their mind off the day-to-day issues, this eejit get paid for it and doesn't need to worry about no bugger turning up and being stuck with pitch costs.

Now the rest of the squad aren't much better but are at least somewhat useful for the club, yes even Harris, Miller and Mckee (who I think is similar to Kidd on crockage)

Thats 9 players who are basically doing nothing for the club and probably costing around 5K week. The worrying thing is, who is going to take any of them? Hartley has a hell of a job on his hands.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Waste and dross

Post by Creative Redemption » Monday 23rd 2017f October 2017 09:03:36 PM

Your opinions on Loy are crass at best and just pure ignorant at worst. How can you have any idea what his personal issues are to make such broad sweeping statements? Below the belt and a bit scummy to be honest.
Back on point....Performance wise he’s been a huge disappointment thus far, but I have hopes that Loy and Sibbs add the “new player” factor when they get fit and return to a team with a far better structure, tempo and hopefully an attacking confidence.
I agree that Watson, Kidd and Luca could and should go, but 3 defensive players leaving could leave us short over a long winter through to spring. Personally I’d keep at least one, but it’s a toss of a coin which one.
Sheps and Henderson should go, but 2 years deals mean we would more likely have to rip up their contracts.
Houston certainly left us short in some areas, and overly committed in others. Some mess for Hartley to sort out. Will take another season at least.
Here comes the doom.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Ricey » Monday 23rd 2017f October 2017 10:56:07 PM

I think your comments on some of the players are well wide of the mark and in one case downright insensitive unless you know for a fact why Rory has been missing. For me it probably is the reason for his poor form prior to the absence so on a purely selfish front a returning Loy with problems behind him might catapult us up the table.

However your point that we have a lot of deadwood is a good one and for me Hartley will be doing everything he can to move players on. Not only are these players surplus to requirement but they are blocking the new intake of u20 players in the summer getting regular game time in the 20s on some occasions. Ciaran Dunne was one such player who has had to turn out for the forth valley u17s on occasion as a result and this has a knock on effect down through the academy.

Watching Dunne on Saturday makes you wonder what he could do if he had been given regular u20 games never mind first team opportunities so the deadwood is a massive problem and I would stop playing many of them in any team and tell them they won't play games unless they move on.

For me the players to fit into this category would be

Watson
Kidd
Gasparatto
Shep
Henderson

Harris I would look to shift on as I have seen enough now to regard him a liability who costs us goals.

With any players moved out I would bring in a striker and one or more full backs and possibly a keeper to challenge thomson

If we managed to bring In another striker I would look to put Ohara out on loan

Hartley has a reputation of a high player turnover and whilst I don't want that all the time I think we badly need a gutting right now

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 06:45:57 AM

Ricey wrote:
Monday 23rd 2017f October 2017 10:56:07 PM
For me the players to fit into this category would be

Watson
Kidd
Gasparatto
Shep
Henderson

Harris I would look to shift on as I have seen enough now to regard him a liability who costs us goals.
Can't disagree with that list. Sooner they are moved on the better. Harris is an odd one. I'm confident that in a high performing and confident side he'd be an asset but it was well known prior to him signing that he doesn't have the stomach for a fight. Not the player we need right now (probably ever).

Personal or physical issues aside - I never once thought resigning Loy was a good idea. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but he's always been a little injury prone and, being honest, the few times I saw him since leaving us he looked mince. He still deserves a chance though and hopefully he can turn it around.

The less said about Olaf's Sibbald points the better.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 11:50:31 AM

I'd possibly keep gasparotto till the end of the season as back up . He'll be out of contract then anyway . Kidd and Watson can go though although who is going to take them. Especially the former who hasnt kicked a ball in months. Henderson and Shepherd at their age should be playing every week if their any good but quite obviously arent. I'll hold my judgement on Sibbald and Loy till they are both fit and available regularly. Harris was never ever going to be a good signing . God knows what Houston was thinking bringing him in. One of the main reasons he is no longer in post. Next stop will be something like Dumbarton for him.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 01:10:20 PM

Olaf, what you have stated with regards to Loy is downright despicable and you should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to conclusions on a situation you know nothing of. Below the belt, even for you. Footballers are not immune to personal trauma or adversity. They are people like everyone else. Do you know his problems? Doubtful. You are a narrow minded fool and clearly have about as much emotional intelligence as a monkey.

As someone else stated, Loy’s performances are more than likely related to this personal issue.

Putting aside your lack of compassion for another human being you make some decent points about some players. Others I disagree with. Hartley has s big job on his hands but I’m confident he’s up to the task.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:02:16 PM

I think Olaf started off a good discussion and I agree with the comments from everyone about Watson, Gasparotto, Kidd, Henderson and Shepherd. I would give Harris longer under Hartley just in case there are improvements. Olaf did warn us about the Loy and Sibbs comments and he will hopefully realise now that the Loy ones were unnecessary at best.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:02:35 PM

How long has Loy been missing?

Read this
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35085933
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:11:57 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:02:35 PM

Read this
yeah I know but we don't know what Loy's problem is and everyone reacts differently to tragedy - short, medium and long term.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:31:15 PM

ellonbairn wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:11:57 PM
Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:02:35 PM

Read this
yeah I know but we don't know what Loy's problem is and everyone reacts differently to tragedy - short, medium and long term.
exactly this! some people can channel their negative energy and put in good performances and others can't. irrespective of this, we are all different and Loy cannot be compared with anyone else in the field, it all depends on the individual.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 02:46:06 PM

Olaf is a scumbag so I'm not surprised about his views on Loy.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 04:10:12 PM

That's a month he's been out, this isn't a normal job where you'd take/get 2 weeks off and maybe take 2 weeks unpaid leave. This is the football season and he's a footballer.

As for Sibbald, he'll move on to a back injury next, before trying to get a few games in December to try and force a move.

Both players are wasting the clubs resources.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 05:07:41 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 04:10:12 PM
That's a month he's been out, this isn't a normal job where you'd take/get 2 weeks off and maybe take 2 weeks unpaid leave. This is the football season and he's a footballer....
Olaf: You have probably gotten the bites you intended to but your comments are totally insensitive in light of the tragedies of former Bairns like Paul McGrillen and Chris Mitchell.

Footballer or not, Loy is entitled to get the support he needs for whatever issues (if any) he has off-field. To not allow him to do so would be a poor reflection on the club.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 11:48:24 PM

So anyone who is a bit unhappy or dealing with outside issues should be given a green light for unlimited time off because two of our former players topped themselves?

Really?

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 06:47:01 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 11:48:24 PM
So anyone who is a bit unhappy or dealing with outside issues should be given a green light for unlimited time off because two of our former players topped themselves?

Really?
You're certainly taking things to a whole new level this week Olaf! You're fortunate this place is nowhere near as busy as it was some years back - I was receiving hate mail for weeks for opinions I made public on suiciders.

Anyway, putting aside how crass your comments have been, it isn't an invalid point you're making. Mental health issues, like physical injuries, should be supported up to a point. Having said that, if we have any players at the club suffering right now then I'm of the opinion that they are some time away from reaching that "point".
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 08:01:36 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Tuesday 24th 2017f October 2017 11:48:24 PM

Really?
A bit unhappy? You are further corroborating the evidence already against you that you are ignorant. A bit unhappy would suggest you know his state of mind. You have zero clue what’s happened. Maybe someone died, maybe someone close to him has cancer, we all deal with things differently and I’d rather see him back when his mind is right. We will see a better player and it will elevate our team. You need to quit it with this subject as you are just making yourself look worse than you ever have. It’s a joke and probably one of the thickest comments I have ever seen.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 08:02:19 AM

Olaf

Your comments seem to suggest you have a personal agenda that has left you embittered & insensitive my friend.

There again maybe you are an alter ego playing out as a keyboard warrior!

Either way you are presenting as one who appears to revel in controversy & that kind of narcism is arguably the most dangerous.

My advice would be for you to deal with your demons before you demonise others & maybe it's time for you to meet your need for acceptance in a less public manner.........therapy could assist here if you are willing to be helped but in the meantime feel free to take some time out yourself.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 12:30:32 PM

JaxinFalkirk wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 08:02:19 AM
Olaf

Your comments seem to suggest you have a personal agenda that has left you embittered & insensitive my friend.

There again maybe you are an alter ego playing out as a keyboard warrior!

Either way you are presenting as one who appears to revel in controversy & that kind of narcism is arguably the most dangerous.

My advice would be for you to deal with your demons before you demonise others & maybe it's time for you to meet your need for acceptance in a less public manner.........therapy could assist here if you are willing to be helped but in the meantime feel free to take some time out yourself.

This!!! Well said my friend!

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 01:45:38 PM

What personal agenda? You do realise we pay players to play football, Loy signed a 2 year deal, we are now almost a quarter of the way through that and he’s not doing his job.

This forum is for Falkirk Fans, we all want Falkirk to win. Our highest paid players aren’t available or giving value for money - wasting the clubs resources - we aren’t a charity.

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 02:10:29 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Wednesday 25th 2017f October 2017 01:45:38 PM
What personal agenda? You do realise we pay players to play football, Loy signed a 2 year deal, we are now almost a quarter of the way through that and he’s not doing his job.

This forum is for Falkirk Fans, we all want Falkirk to win. Our highest paid players aren’t available or giving value for money - wasting the clubs resources - we aren’t a charity.
And you have the cheek to label Houston a scumbag. You're beyond a scumbag. You should be banned from onef for some of the comments you have made in this thread!