Memories

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Memories

Post by dixie chicken » Wednesday 26th 2017f July 2017 09:42:24 PM

Just spoke to a delightful gentleman from Edinburgh who told me that he is the father of the late Forbes Johnston who played for us during the Jefferies era.
His son was studying law but never qualified and switched to Accountancy.
The father, Roy, recalled many happy visits to Brockville and has a great affection for FFC as they were very understanding and kind to him and his family after Forbes death, although he had moved on some time before.
Seem to recall that he died under tragic circumstances but I didn't like to enquire.
Quite poignant!!!

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Memories

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 26th 2017f July 2017 09:58:03 PM

Yes indeed. Forbes was a steady, dependable type. Every team needs a couple of those, and he was a good fit for us. As you stated, his untimely death was a tragic affair. Good to hear that his old man still holds some affection for the club.

Honest Al
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Honest Al » Wednesday 26th 2017f July 2017 10:03:13 PM

Yes, so sad really.

I remember Forbes as a talented midfielder, swift and accurate passer of the ball, if a wee bit slight of build. I was a regular in the 90s until 6 months of Lambie so saw quite a lot of Forbes.....
A squad player during the Jefferies (post Stainrod) era, moved to, and played well at, full back also.

Moved on to Airdrie (can't recall why he left us, drop in form, change of manager?), and he played consistently for a number of seasons for them.
Didn't know him at all on a personal level, but came across as a modest, likeable young man from afar.
Passed away in Australia, in his mid 30s.
Last edited by Honest Al on Thursday 27th 2017f July 2017 08:37:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Wednesday 26th 2017f July 2017 10:12:44 PM

Honest Al wrote:Yes, so sad really.

I remember Forbes as a talented midfielder, swift and accurate passer of the ball, if a wee bit slight of build. I was a regular in the 90s until 6 months of Lambie so saw quite a lot of Forbes.....
A squad player during the Jefferies/Stainrod era, moved to, and played well at, full back also.

Moved on to Airdrie (can't recall why he left us, drop in form, change of manager?), and he played consistently for a number of seasons for them.
Didn't know him at all on a personal level, but came across as a modest, likeable young man from afar.
His dad said that he loathed John Lambie!!!!!!

hobbes
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by hobbes » Thursday 27th 2017f July 2017 10:38:11 AM

dixie chicken wrote:
Honest Al wrote:Yes, so sad really.

A squad player during the Jefferies/Stainrod era, moved to, and played well at, full back also.

His dad said that he loathed John Lambie!!!!!!
He's not alone there.
Is your child hyperactive; or is he perhaps a twat?