craig sibbald

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

craig sibbald

Post by kennyboy » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 03:52:57 PM

???? Did Sibbald not travel with the squad to the training camp.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Re: craig sibbald

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 04:25:48 PM

No
Training with the youngsters, I believe.
Out of contract.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 06:33:29 PM

dixie chicken wrote:No
Training with the youngsters, I believe.
Out of contract.
Of all the scouts that have visited our stadium in the past number of years it really amazes me how little serious interest has been shown in Sibbald. I know he's slow and a wee bit lightweight but he's been an excellent player for us, shows up in most big games and can surely develop further given his young age. I mean we talk about Austins development and Sibbald is a couple of years younger. Fee sorry for the lad but hopefully someone else's loss will be our gain.

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 07:06:06 PM

The lad is very good for Falkirk but many teams from England have had a look and went back down the road. What do they report back. (Short of a little pace, Small in stature, Does not score many goals, Can go missing in games,) Plus a payment for training over the years. This is possibly why the top divisions in England don't want to take the chance.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 10:39:03 PM

I'm glad he's been left here. Why should we pay for a trip to Budapest when he's not willing to sign for us. He's obviously desperate to go elsewhere but no-one will pay money for him knowing they can get him for hee haw in a year. We're his last option and he'll end up doing a Leahy and signing for a year at the last minute before going to st Johnstone or Patrick this time next season. Disappointing though that a so called falkirk fan is taking the piss out the club like he is.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 06th 2017f July 2017 11:25:34 PM

Give him a 2 or 3 year deal with a reasonable release clause. We cannot keep waiting forever and can't show him the door. Maybe extra security might compensate for the lack of cash.

He won't get a big club in England, he isn't good enough to make up for his lack of physical attributes. I'd love him to go to abroad.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 12:51:27 AM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:I'm glad he's been left here. Why should we pay for a trip to Budapest when he's not willing to sign for us. He's obviously desperate to go elsewhere but no-one will pay money for him knowing they can get him for hee haw in a year. We're his last option and he'll end up doing a Leahy and signing for a year at the last minute before going to st Johnstone or Patrick this time next season. Disappointing though that a so called falkirk fan is taking the piss out the club like he is.
The lads been with us for years and given us good service. Falkirk fan or not he'll want to try and progress and try and make as much money as he can in the decade or so he will have left to compete at his best. Unfortunately there's limited scope to do that at Falkirk as much as I'd love him to stay.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 10:10:58 AM

Dade wrote:
Brian Scrimegour wrote:I'm glad he's been left here. Why should we pay for a trip to Budapest when he's not willing to sign for us. He's obviously desperate to go elsewhere but no-one will pay money for him knowing they can get him for hee haw in a year. We're his last option and he'll end up doing a Leahy and signing for a year at the last minute before going to st Johnstone or Patrick this time next season. Disappointing though that a so called falkirk fan is taking the piss out the club like he is.
The lads been with us for years and given us good service. Falkirk fan or not he'll want to try and progress and try and make as much money as he can in the decade or so he will have left to compete at his best. Unfortunately there's limited scope to do that at Falkirk as much as I'd love him to stay.
Agree. He's not the kind of guy to take the piss out of his club.

gruezi ffc
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by gruezi ffc » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 11:02:20 AM

Sibbs is a Falkirk fan and owes the club nothing. Although he has come through our development scheme, for someone of his age, he has already given great service to the club and contributed to some of our best times over the last couple of years.

As stated previously, the lad has only a finite time left in the game and he has a right to make the most of it and cash in while he can. If he can get a much better deal elsewhere then he should take it. If not, then he will still be one of our own !!!
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 12:37:39 PM

I've no problem with him moving on but noones interested in paying money for him so he's as well signing his one year contract with us so at least we're not left hanging on and he could be in Budapest with the others. The longer he hangs on the more he's taking the piss as We're stuck not knowing whether he's staying or going and if by some miracle another team comes in for him at the last minute then We're left scraping about the dregs for a replacement. It's not fair on the club or supporters.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by ellonbairn » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 01:31:06 PM

Could be the end of August before we know what's happening

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 03:29:46 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:I've no problem with him moving on but noones interested in paying money for him so he's as well signing his one year contract with us so at least we're not left hanging on and he could be in Budapest with the others. The longer he hangs on the more he's taking the piss as We're stuck not knowing whether he's staying or going and if by some miracle another team comes in for him at the last minute then We're left scraping about the dregs for a replacement. It's not fair on the club or supporters.
How do you know that no one wants to pay money for him?

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 04:41:48 PM

Well why is he pottering about with the u 17s if someone's willing to meet the compensation fee for him? I reckon a bid of 200k and he would be away but the fact that he's still not got a new team and the season starts a week on Sat would say to me noones interested in paying that kind of cash for him or they wouldve shown their hand by now.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 09:02:16 PM

Does it surprise that movements as slow as he is?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 09:28:56 PM

The lad is probably listing to his agent as usual, this is the worst thing that ever came to football. Agents go around punting players and videos to various clubs and fill players heads with fresh air. If he does not get a move he will stay with us just like Leahy and move for nothing in a year. As someone else said give him a 2or3 year contract and then if he wants to say not for me then he plays in the reserves. That will bring it to a conclusion. The club must offer a contract to trigger the training payment as it stands. Agents are the parasites of football. The two Neville. Brothers never had Agents and saved a fortune not having to give them the percentage of the contracts they were offered.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 07th 2017f July 2017 11:31:07 PM

I honestly don't understand the need for agents at our level, the players get paid the wage of a skilled worker and yet they need agents to take a percentage of their cash. Surely the Players Union could retain a couple of lawyers and that's all they need.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 08th 2017f July 2017 04:22:04 AM

Olaf Thom wrote:I honestly don't understand the need for agents at our level, the players get paid the wage of a skilled worker and yet they need agents to take a percentage of their cash. Surely the Players Union could retain a couple of lawyers and that's all they need.

Wow, Agreed!

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Saturday 08th 2017f July 2017 08:04:17 PM

Best thing you have come away with for many a long time Olaf regarding Agents. Your brain is thawing. out slowly after your south pole venture.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Saturday 08th 2017f July 2017 09:20:28 PM

Having seen Sibbs from his debut against Leeds through to 2017, I think it's fair to say that the guy has some tremendous skills in his locker, but to play at any higher level, most other clubs must also be aware of his limitations too. His lack of pace is the obvious one as his lack of physical presence, but I know I have seen days where Sibbs looked as though he'd rather be somewhere else.
When it's a horrible day in winter, Sibbs can be the first to disappear, and question marks over his consistent application must be in the minds of clubs looking at him. In truth someone like Sibbs would probably prosper in France or a Spanish lesser light club. I think English football would eat him alive in much the same way that the overhyped Stefan Scougall failed to make it in the third tier in England.
The question always remains "how much does the boy want it?". I am not convinced that even Sibbs can answer that with any great confidence.
If anyone pays money for him, it will be seen as nothing more than a bit of a punt.

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Saturday 08th 2017f July 2017 09:42:59 PM

Let them pay the money and we can get himback after two seasons or on loan after one season that is it in a nut shell. He makes some money and comes back up the road in 2019 that is it from someone in the real world.