Get Houston OUT

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
User avatar
PG.Colossus
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 165
Joined: Friday 02nd 2015f October 2015 12:15:39 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by PG.Colossus » Saturday 26th 2017f August 2017 09:23:46 PM

‪Days off cancelled again Peter? Cancel your own days off. In fact Peter, take every day off and just f*ck off.

User avatar
Pete
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4963
Joined: Monday 01st 2004f March 2004 05:57:30 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Pete » Saturday 26th 2017f August 2017 10:23:06 PM

His post match interview is chronic, the guy has lost the plot. Very disrespectful to queens as well referring to them as a team of "journeymen"

User avatar
PG.Colossus
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 165
Joined: Friday 02nd 2015f October 2015 12:15:39 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by PG.Colossus » Saturday 26th 2017f August 2017 10:30:28 PM

Pete wrote:
Saturday 26th 2017f August 2017 10:23:06 PM
His post match interview is chronic, the guy has lost the plot. Very disrespectful to queens as well referring to them as a team of "journeymen"
He's becoming an embarrassment to the club. A deeply bitter man with no inkling of appreciation for others or ability to introspect and see where the true issues lie.

Ricey
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 471
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 10:48:03 AM
Location: Bainsford

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Ricey » Sunday 27th 2017f August 2017 12:35:52 AM

He has to go or be sacked. Can't see where our next point is coming from and his recruitment is so poor that giving him further budget is a waste of time. Crowds will dwindle and maybe just maybe we can get a boardroom clear out. Totally and utterly,scunnered

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 27th 2017f August 2017 12:45:03 PM

Houstie replacements? Coyle, McCall, Yogi, Hartley, Latapy, Ian Murray, Stuart Aitken, Darren Dodds, Jeffries(?!).

Coyle or McCall for me.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 204
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Sunday 27th 2017f August 2017 05:24:12 PM

Quidsin wrote:
Sunday 27th 2017f August 2017 12:45:03 PM
Houstie replacements? Coyle, McCall, Yogi, Hartley, Latapy, Ian Murray, Stuart Aitken, Darren Dodds, Jeffries(?!).

Coyle or McCall for me.
He's lost the dressing room so they will have to bring someone in before it gets worse. I'd take Hartley

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 422
Joined: Saturday 13th 2016f February 2016 09:51:27 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by John Markie » Monday 28th 2017f August 2017 12:31:33 AM

No more managers or coaches with ties to Hearts. We have a team of gutless fannies as it is, lets not compound things by having the Hearts ethos of cheating brought in.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

User avatar
PG.Colossus
Reserve sub
Reserve sub
Posts: 165
Joined: Friday 02nd 2015f October 2015 12:15:39 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by PG.Colossus » Monday 28th 2017f August 2017 10:07:19 AM

John Markie wrote:
Monday 28th 2017f August 2017 12:31:33 AM
No more managers or coaches with ties to Hearts. We have a team of gutless fannies as it is, lets not compound things by having the Hearts ethos of cheating brought in.
:lol: :)

Honest Al
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 224
Joined: Thursday 21st 2011f July 2011 08:21:19 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Honest Al » Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 01:23:37 PM

I've held back from posting any thoughts in the last few weeks, because I not only respect Peter Houston, but like the guy too. Never met him though, but he's been part of Falkirk since Alex Totten brought him into the club in the early 80s when we were really at rock bottom.

The worrying signs that a manager's time is up are all to easy to see.
Poor post match interviews, 'players to work harder', no suggestion of management responsibility, persevering with players on the downgrade, making changes but no difference, loss of self belief on the park.......

Dunno what the issues have been, there are a core of around 15 players who are good enough to form a team to win this league.
Unfortunately for Housty, he should do the honourable and resign - while he can still hold his head up on his achievements here over the last 30 years.

Feel quite sad, really.

ps if Owen Coyle is really interested, it would be great to see him back

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5511
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 02:43:26 PM

Most managers have sell buy dates at clubs and unfortunately it looks like Houston has now passed his. Time to thank him for the last few seasons and move him on before he's remembered more for a shambles of a last season than for two pretty decent ones and a cup final.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2319
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Dade » Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 03:34:41 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 02:43:26 PM
Most managers have sell buy dates at clubs and unfortunately it looks like Houston has now passed his. Time to thank him for the last few seasons and move him on before he's remembered more for a shambles of a last season than for two pretty decent ones and a cup final.
I agree. The writing is on the wall unfortunately. If he wants to leave with some dignity he'd be better resigning.

I agree with Honest Al in that it's sad to see club legends go out like this. This is the main reason I didn't want Crunchier or Latapy as manager.

Sad to see Kerr get stick too but the decision to keep playing should've been taken away from him.

User avatar
Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 08:17:26 PM
Location: Nova Prospekt.

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 04:00:58 PM

Honest Al wrote:
Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 01:23:37 PM
I've held back from posting any thoughts in the last few weeks, because I not only respect Peter Houston, but like the guy too. Never met him though, but he's been part of Falkirk since Alex Totten brought him into the club in the early 80s when we were really at rock bottom.

The worrying signs that a manager's time is up are all to easy to see.
Poor post match interviews, 'players to work harder', no suggestion of management responsibility, persevering with players on the downgrade, making changes but no difference, loss of self belief on the park.......

Dunno what the issues have been, there are a core of around 15 players who are good enough to form a team to win this league.
Unfortunately for Housty, he should do the honourable and resign - while he can still hold his head up on his achievements here over the last 30 years.

Feel quite sad, really.

ps if Owen Coyle is really interested, it would be great to see him back
I completely agree with this.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

User avatar
Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 401
Joined: Saturday 22nd 2010f May 2010 09:37:22 AM
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Creative Redemption » Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 09:59:10 PM

But hey, Bill Leckie, the man who I used to think understood a bit about Falkirk, said that us Falkirk fans should be wary of what we wish for as we have a "forward thinking" manager 😖.
Housty will always remain fond in the hearts and minds of any fan over the age of 40, regardless of what this season brings. However if we want to get in to the play offs AS A MINIMUM, one of two things need to happen.
1) a win or battling draw against Utd on Saturday, giving some signs that Housty still has the dressing room and there is life left in this shambles of a team.
2) we go down with a whimper on Saturday and come 6.00pm on Saturday night the decision is made to relieve Housty of his duties.
I truly want No 1 to happen, we all should, but I do feel one more lack lustre performance will finally force the hand of the board. Another poor performance means it's more than just a blip, it's terminal.
Saturday is D day for all involved with FFC. Give us the win, Peter, and help us believe you can turn it around. COYB.
Here comes the doom.

americanbairn
Well New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tuesday 24th 2009f February 2009 04:53:15 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by americanbairn » Wednesday 13th 2017f September 2017 12:59:45 PM

My Bainsford born dad, '28, who has lived in States since mid 50's, took me to Brockville every August from '68-'81. We even flew back for the 09 Cup final v Rangers. Unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with dementia, but always asks about the Bairns.
I have had to lie to him since the beginning of the season.
What a mess.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1677
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Duncan Freemason » Wednesday 13th 2017f September 2017 09:05:22 PM

Creative Redemption wrote:
Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 09:59:10 PM
But hey, Bill Leckie, the man who I used to think understood a bit about Falkirk, said that us Falkirk fans should be wary of what we wish for as we have a "forward thinking" manager 😖.
Housty will always remain fond in the hearts and minds of any fan over the age of 40, regardless of what this season brings. However if we want to get in to the play offs AS A MINIMUM, one of two things need to happen.
1) a win or battling draw against Utd on Saturday, giving some signs that Housty still has the dressing room and there is life left in this shambles of a team.
2) we go down with a whimper on Saturday and come 6.00pm on Saturday night the decision is made to relieve Housty of his duties.
I truly want No 1 to happen, we all should, but I do feel one more lack lustre performance will finally force the hand of the board. Another poor performance means it's more than just a blip, it's terminal.
Saturday is D day for all involved with FFC. Give us the win, Peter, and help us believe you can turn it around. COYB.
I think we all want a win on Saturday, and while that will (temporarily) keep the wolves from the door, it won't really convince anyone that the sky is no longer falling in.
Big doubts have to remain around his signing policy, and the major imbalance to the squad. I guess some, (and maybe even most)of his signings have seemed incredibly unimaginative for a guy of his supposed contacts in the game. The one issue here might be a BoD that perhaps limits Houston's signings. It could well be the case that for a similar initial outlay, he could bring in loans or players from the lower tiers of English football, but the minute accommodation costs rear its head, the BoD shuts those avenues down.
I am not saying it's definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a contributing factor. Have a look up when the floodlights are in use, and see how many of the bulbs are kaput but aren't being replaced. When those things are a visible strain on resources, then there's a fair chance that any potential non local signing who needs digs to clinch the deal will also be off the menu.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 422
Joined: Saturday 13th 2016f February 2016 09:51:27 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by John Markie » Friday 15th 2017f September 2017 06:49:55 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:
Wednesday 13th 2017f September 2017 09:05:22 PM
Creative Redemption wrote:
Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 09:59:10 PM
But hey, Bill Leckie, the man who I used to think understood a bit about Falkirk, said that us Falkirk fans should be wary of what we wish for as we have a "forward thinking" manager 😖.
Housty will always remain fond in the hearts and minds of any fan over the age of 40, regardless of what this season brings. However if we want to get in to the play offs AS A MINIMUM, one of two things need to happen.
1) a win or battling draw against Utd on Saturday, giving some signs that Housty still has the dressing room and there is life left in this shambles of a team.
2) we go down with a whimper on Saturday and come 6.00pm on Saturday night the decision is made to relieve Housty of his duties.
I truly want No 1 to happen, we all should, but I do feel one more lack lustre performance will finally force the hand of the board. Another poor performance means it's more than just a blip, it's terminal.
Saturday is D day for all involved with FFC. Give us the win, Peter, and help us believe you can turn it around. COYB.
I think we all want a win on Saturday, and while that will (temporarily) keep the wolves from the door, it won't really convince anyone that the sky is no longer falling in.
Big doubts have to remain around his signing policy, and the major imbalance to the squad. I guess some, (and maybe even most)of his signings have seemed incredibly unimaginative for a guy of his supposed contacts in the game. The one issue here might be a BoD that perhaps limits Houston's signings. It could well be the case that for a similar initial outlay, he could bring in loans or players from the lower tiers of English football, but the minute accommodation costs rear its head, the BoD shuts those avenues down.
I am not saying it's definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a contributing factor. Have a look up when the floodlights are in use, and see how many of the bulbs are kaput but aren't being replaced. When those things are a visible strain on resources, then there's a fair chance that any potential non local signing who needs digs to clinch the deal will also be off the menu.
You do make a decent point. There are even buckets for contributions at development league games. If its that bad, then sacking a manager, which would be an added cost, is definitely off the cards. We will have Houston until the season is over. Its not a case of the BoD showing faith. Its simply that they don't want to spend anything in compensation. We're fukced folks.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Paxton
First Team regular
First Team regular
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thursday 26th 2007f April 2007 08:51:11 AM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Paxton » Monday 18th 2017f September 2017 08:07:55 AM

He really needs to go. His latest press ramblings are embarrassing to those who watched the game. OUT.

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5511
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 18th 2017f September 2017 09:47:54 AM

John Markie wrote:
Friday 15th 2017f September 2017 06:49:55 PM
Duncan Freemason wrote:
Wednesday 13th 2017f September 2017 09:05:22 PM
Creative Redemption wrote:
Tuesday 12th 2017f September 2017 09:59:10 PM
But hey, Bill Leckie, the man who I used to think understood a bit about Falkirk, said that us Falkirk fans should be wary of what we wish for as we have a "forward thinking" manager 😖.
Housty will always remain fond in the hearts and minds of any fan over the age of 40, regardless of what this season brings. However if we want to get in to the play offs AS A MINIMUM, one of two things need to happen.
1) a win or battling draw against Utd on Saturday, giving some signs that Housty still has the dressing room and there is life left in this shambles of a team.
2) we go down with a whimper on Saturday and come 6.00pm on Saturday night the decision is made to relieve Housty of his duties.
I truly want No 1 to happen, we all should, but I do feel one more lack lustre performance will finally force the hand of the board. Another poor performance means it's more than just a blip, it's terminal.
Saturday is D day for all involved with FFC. Give us the win, Peter, and help us believe you can turn it around. COYB.
I think we all want a win on Saturday, and while that will (temporarily) keep the wolves from the door, it won't really convince anyone that the sky is no longer falling in.
Big doubts have to remain around his signing policy, and the major imbalance to the squad. I guess some, (and maybe even most)of his signings have seemed incredibly unimaginative for a guy of his supposed contacts in the game. The one issue here might be a BoD that perhaps limits Houston's signings. It could well be the case that for a similar initial outlay, he could bring in loans or players from the lower tiers of English football, but the minute accommodation costs rear its head, the BoD shuts those avenues down.
I am not saying it's definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a contributing factor. Have a look up when the floodlights are in use, and see how many of the bulbs are kaput but aren't being replaced. When those things are a visible strain on resources, then there's a fair chance that any potential non local signing who needs digs to clinch the deal will also be off the menu.
You do make a decent point. There are even buckets for contributions at development league games. If its that bad, then sacking a manager, which would be an added cost, is definitely off the cards. We will have Houston until the season is over. Its not a case of the BoD showing faith. Its simply that they don't want to spend anything in compensation. We're fukced folks.
I'd have thought that if things were that bad they'd have started charging for development games. I think the buckets are just there for loose change and because your getting in for hee haw at the end of the day.

User avatar
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4666
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 06:30:59 PM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 18th 2017f September 2017 12:36:30 PM

Anyone who watched his post match interview must know its time for this lazy arse to leave.

Banging on about Budgets yet again, I don't watch tenners on the pitch, I watch players and when the whistle goes, its the managers job to get the best out of them to win games for the club.
The cheek of him to even mention budgets after only drawing with part-time Brechin last week!

I'm beginning to wonder if the guys on Falkirk TV are actually Falkirk Fans, how could any Falkirk fan let that Budget patter slide after such a dull performance and when we're 2nd bottom of the league.

Someone should make a banner "Nevermind the Budget : Just win Games!"
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 204
Joined: Monday 06th 2015f July 2015 08:24:11 AM

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Monday 18th 2017f September 2017 04:12:21 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:
Monday 18th 2017f September 2017 12:36:30 PM
Anyone who watched his post match interview must know its time for this lazy arse to leave.

Banging on about Budgets yet again, I don't watch tenners on the pitch, I watch players and when the whistle goes, its the managers job to get the best out of them to win games for the club.
The cheek of him to even mention budgets after only drawing with part-time Brechin last week!

I'm beginning to wonder if the guys on Falkirk TV are actually Falkirk Fans, how could any Falkirk fan let that Budget patter slide after such a dull performance and when we're 2nd bottom of the league.

Someone should make a banner "Nevermind the Budget : Just win Games!"
For once Olaf, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Some very well made points...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests