Post by Flash » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 06:59:33 PM

BRAINBAIRN wrote:This man is single handedly costing us promotion. Enough said
I'll second that motion.

Creative Redemption
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: Get Houston OUT

Post by Creative Redemption » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 07:03:18 PM

It's a bit OTT when we are currently sitting second, but I'm truly fed up with the houstons style of play.
Outsiders looking in might not understand it, but it's truly depressing to watch, and a sad indictment of the Championship that the standard of football is so poor that we are second.
Here comes the doom.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 08:02:44 PM

He never got the best out his budget but used to get the best out the squad he assembled.

Now he isn't get the best out the squad or his budget - to me it's a no brainier get rid at the end if the season.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 08:13:10 PM

Houston in for me. Despite not agreeing with his selections every week. But which manager and team would you?

Needs to believe in his players more and take the game to the opposition Morton and United are very average we pay them too much respect
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Falkirkbairn90
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Falkirkbairn90 » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 08:21:11 PM

BRAINBAIRN wrote:This man is single handedly costing us promotion. Enough said

I think this is a bit dramatic. He has done an excellent job at Falkirk in terms of getting results. Got us to a Scottish cup final. Very nearly won us promotion last season and might well do this season with a bit of luck. Having said that I think his team selection is boring. Baird hasn't been good enough for 2 seasons, he works hard yes but put me in and I will work just as hard. Doesn't mean I will add quality to the team. He's got lads like Aird, Hippolyte & Shepherd to burn pace and he insists on playing the slowest players. Kerr is another one who is sadly past it. Not a huge fan of Taiwo but he works hard and wins the ball. Needs to be played central as does Sibbald. Playing him out on the wing for long periods of the game is doing nothing. If he had any sort of pace he'd be at a better team. Must be played central. He could get better results with that squad if only he utilised its full potential. To conclude it would be harsh to sack him based on results. If it was based on style of play and team selection he'd be gone by now. I'd rather see Holt back at us. I think he did much better.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 08:52:54 PM

From the man who said this about Elvis...
BRAINBAIRN wrote:Proving what a great manager this guy will be. Working miracles at Coventry in incredibly difficult environment. Was the problem the board or was it Elvis.,we all know who took the flak from all those fans??? claiming to support the Bairns.........Given just a tad of support who knows where Elvis could have taken us.

I wasn't a Presley hater by any means but his Falkirk side never finished higher than 3rd in an arguably weaker league scoring 58, 52 and 53 pointe respectively; averaged 54 goals/season; conceding 43 goals on average/season.

Houston has finished 5th, 2nd and potentially 2nd/3rd in a tougher league totalling 53, 70 and 57 points(at present). Scored an average 55 goals/season; conceded 41 goals per season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my question to you is if Presley was so great then what makes Houston so bad?
Last edited by Dade on Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 09:52:01 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 08:57:52 PM

Actually looking at your other 5 posts your clearly one of the idiots that asked for Yogis head.
BRAINBAIRN wrote:Embarrasing performance.No effort,no fight,no confidence.But our wonderful manager must have been quite happy - 75 mins before making a sub.The man is a disgrace to our club.The 1st division awaits us if this idiot is allowed to stay in charge.Totally inept.
Hopefully you're as wrong about your Houston prediction as you were with Yogi.

BRAINBAIRN
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by BRAINBAIRN » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 09:16:38 PM

That'll be the same yogi who is now fighting a relegation battle.....found his level I'd say
YOGI = THE MOST TACTICALLY USELESS GUY IN THE COUNTRY

BRAINBAIRN
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by BRAINBAIRN » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 09:24:13 PM

dont think I really need to explain what is so bad about Houston......plenty comments been made already about his inability to play attacking football in what is probably the worst championship league in many many years. The standard of football on offer throughout the league is embarrassing. Any manager with an ounce of a winning mentality would have had us seriously challenging for the title. Houstie needs to grow a pair and have a go for 90 minutes not the last 20 minutes which has happened all season. Our home record this season is downright ridiculous mainly due to the fact we are scared to attack mediocre opposition

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 09:50:32 PM

BRAINBAIRN wrote:dont think I really need to explain what is so bad about Houston......plenty comments been made already about his inability to play attacking football in what is probably the worst championship league in many many years. The standard of football on offer throughout the league is embarrassing. Any manager with an ounce of a winning mentality would have had us seriously challenging for the title. Houstie needs to grow a pair and have a go for 90 minutes not the last 20 minutes which has happened all season. Our home record this season is downright ridiculous mainly due to the fact we are scared to attack mediocre opposition

Yet Presley who had a worse record in an easier league was recorded as some managerial maverick by yourself! Presume he's just waiting for the call to gain entry to his level having saved Falkirk from relegation and rejuvenated Coventry!
Last edited by Dade on Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 11:11:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 10:03:47 PM

I've been saying for months now that I'm fed up with how we play. And I know I've said this repeatedly in recent weeks that I find it a miracle we are second.

Having said that, calling for Houston's head is OTT in all honesty - we are still in the promotion hunt whether you rate our chances or not (for the record, we have no chance). But, I do fear for next season. With a huge number out of contract, can anyone confidently say they believe Houston can put a squad together that will achieve at least parity with this season?
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 11:20:34 PM

BRAINBAIRN wrote:That'll be the same yogi who is now fighting a relegation battle.....found his level I'd say
The same Yogi that won the 1st division, kept us in the top flight for 3 years, more than any other manager, took ourselves and Inverness to Europe for the first time in their history and won the Scottish Cup with Inverness.....aye but let's judge him on 11 games with a shoot Raith Rovers team.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Saturday 29th 2017f April 2017 11:24:54 PM

Sir Jones wrote:I've been saying for months now that I'm fed up with how we play. And I know I've said this repeatedly in recent weeks that I find it a miracle we are second.

Having said that, calling for Houston's head is OTT in all honesty - we are still in the promotion hunt whether you rate our chances or not (for the record, we have no chance). But, I do fear for next season. With a huge number out of contract, can anyone confidently say they believe Houston can put a squad together that will achieve at least parity with this season?
Fair enough but I think Houston deserves the chance to keep things going.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Sunday 30th 2017f April 2017 12:16:16 AM

Creative Redemption wrote:It's a bit OTT when we are currently sitting second, but I'm truly fed up with the houstons style of play.
Outsiders looking in might not understand it, but it's truly depressing to watch, and a sad indictment of the Championship that the standard of football is so poor that we are second.
Agree with this, on paper 2nd looks pretty decent, we should be happy but the football is terrible, really cant believe we're second. I can only really think of 1, maybe 2 games where we dominated but on whole we've laboured to a result.

Personally id rather see a team try their all and play passing football, but then that doesnt guarantee promotion and we're still in with a shout this season playing shoot football.

BRAINBAIRN
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by BRAINBAIRN » Sunday 30th 2017f April 2017 11:22:33 AM

Let's face it, comparing him to Presley or Yogi is immaterial......the point is the vast majority of the support has not enjoyed Houstie's terrible,turgid style of football and if anyone has enjoyed it then respect to them but you must be easy pleased. Sibbald is a central midfielder not a left sided player where he is wasted. Kerr is finished and has been for 6 months now. Baird is not even good enough to sit on the bench. Muirhead is a centre half not a right back. Kidd will never ever be good enough. Houstie's words after Kilmarnock debacle was we were not strong enough in the middle of the park and he knew he had to sort it.....what's he done about it ? Not a thing,we are now far weaker in the middle of the park than ever with the Taiwo/Kerr partnership clearly his 1st choice......don't think either of them have done anything creative all season and they certainly don't provide any strength in the middle. No matter what league we are in next season the current squad simply ain't good enough and I would never ever trust Houstie to make the signings that are needed to overhaul the mess he himself created.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Sunday 30th 2017f April 2017 10:07:45 PM

His team selections are quite frankly baffling. We have been honking for weeks with a Kerr Taiwo central midfield. Craigen is a set piece taker but nowt else. Sibbald is wasted out wide left. Baird with anyone up front just not working. The football on show has been appalling. So, he's almost certain to be pleasing the BoD. No change, just a further erosion next season.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

NicklasBendtner
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by NicklasBendtner » Sunday 30th 2017f April 2017 10:42:53 PM

What a pile of p!sh.
"Bendtner involved."

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 01st 2017f May 2017 12:07:50 PM

NicklasBendtner wrote:What a pile of p!sh.
Exactly, it's an embarrassment to be calling for the head of a manager that may still get us promoted.

Hopefully those idiots who produced the letter about Hughes don't write another one that is apparently on behalf of he fans.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Monday 01st 2017f May 2017 12:09:51 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:He never got the best out his budget but used to get the best out the squad he assembled.

Now he isn't get the best out the squad or his budget - to me it's a no brainier get rid at the end if the season.
And bring in who exactly? Ian McCall who you were touting for at the start of the season? He's been doing a great job with Ayr.