Half Way Report

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
First Team regular

Half Way Report

Postby havenbairn » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 09:25:29 AM

Well we have reached the half way stage of the season and are on course for our lowest points total for many years.

After a brilliant end to the season last year there is no doubt that we have gone backwards as a club both on and off the park.

There seems to be a lack of ambition throughout the club and I wonder how much longer the fans will put up with this situation.

We are a bigger club than many in the SPL and surely, with our support, we should be aiming higher than a top 4 finish every season.

Under 18 first team

Re: Half Way Report

Postby Gbairn » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 12:21:23 PM

It was always going go be a struggle to reach or better the heights of last season, however what we have been subjected to thus far is simply unacceptable. We don't play football, we rarely score more than one goal a game and we seldom keep clean sheets. For me the writing was on the wall when Stirling Albion (a team now flirting with existing League 2) turned us over in the League Cup which ultimately seen us exit the tournament pitifully at the first hurdle . This was followed up by yet another sluggish start to our league campaign. Yes there was a mini revival which soon faded, but all in all it has been a miserable half season so far. Everyone moans about the board not investing in the squad and our board are by no means perfect btw, however the manager has a lot to answer for as well. Houston has a sqaud that has 2 players for each position, give or take. I don't remember Elvis or Holt having such options? Can Houston be trusted to throw more money away? Especially when we have no chance of being promoted this season imo - playoffs or not! As I have said on here previously the best players of the Houston era were not signed by him(vaulks, alston, sibbs, Grant, Loy etc) As each of them move on Houstons failings in the transfer market become increasingly apparent. I personally wouldn't give him a penny in January based on his previous recruitment. How many of the Houston signings below can be genuinely regarded as a success? You could probably count them on one hand.

Jamie MacDonald
Tom Taiwo
Alex Cooper
David Smith
Owain Tudur Jones
Joe Shaughnessy
Bob McHugh
Lee Miller
Paul Watson
Danny Rogers
Ryan Sinnamon
John Rankin
Lewis Kidd
James Craigen
Luca Gasparotto
Liam Henderson
Nathan Austin
Myles Hippolyte
Kevin McCann
Taylor Morgan
Mark Kerr
John Baird
Aaron Muirhead
Deniz Mehmet
Alex Tokarczyk

Is the answer to saving our season really signing more of the above? :hammer:

International Sub

Postby Olaf Thom » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 02:14:02 PM

How can anyone defend Houston and deny his laziness with that list^
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Under 18 superstar

Postby Flash » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 03:39:22 PM

Can't help but thinking Olaf was probably right all along ( A Latter day Enoch Powell maybe )

International Sub

Postby dixie chicken » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 04:40:27 PM

Yes, I agree, but Enoch Powell's revelations were much more serious and we're paying the price now.
Anyway, Full marks to Olaf.

Under 18 first team

Postby exbogboy » Tuesday 03rd 2017f January 2017 11:36:46 PM

Whats going to happen on 08 January when Kevin O'hara's loan ends with East Fife will he come back or will he be joining the other young ExBairns at Swansea's Development Team?

First Team sub

Postby Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 04th 2017f January 2017 12:34:08 PM

Olaf, Dixie and Enoch Powell in the one thread!!!
Too much, much too much...
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

International Sub

Postby Pete » Wednesday 04th 2017f January 2017 01:30:33 PM

Complete and utter garbage, every game is just a battle with no flowing football and any points we do win is down to grinding out a result rather than dominating a team.

In terms of footballing quality this season is up there with the worst of them, at times its been a case of humping it into the corner and hoping for a throw in, it is brutal. I’d be more than happy if the manager decided to call it.

International Sub

Postby Olaf Thom » Wednesday 04th 2017f January 2017 01:53:46 PM

Apart from the 2nd half of the Dundee Utd home game, its been nothing short of disgusting football. We might have gotten the odd result here and there but it has been awful.

From the very first game of the season at Stirling it has been dire and not gotten much better

Without major changes there is a no way I'm renewing my season ticket next season. To do so would be to approve of what is on display on the pitch.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Return to Falkirk FC