Bob. Baird
Referee / B Cook

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Re: Falkirk v Raith

Post by Bernard Shakey » Friday 21st 2016f October 2016 04:58:56 PM

Looking forward to this.
Think that we will give them a doing (cue sh1tey 0-1).
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

FawkirkMan
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by FawkirkMan » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 12:27:13 AM

Time to send more Fifers back home across the water with their tails between their legs. 2 . 0 :clap:
Keep The Faith!

FawkirkMan
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by FawkirkMan » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 12:38:22 AM

Ps
I hope Farid the Fifer puts a few goals past Hibs tomorrow as well :D
Keep The Faith!

havenbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by havenbairn » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 05:36:30 PM

FT Falkirk 2-4 Raith Rovers

Woeful defending sums it up.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 05:42:10 PM

A fairly entertaining game, but by God we were victims of our own mistakes. Capitalised on, & punished by a well organised, well drilled side who were fast on the break, getting plenty of bodies up in support quickly.

Raith were the best side I've seen to visit the Bairnabeu, this season, & deserved their win.

Major talking points were Kerr's miss, the booking/bye kick/foul debacle & a couple of late, stick on, penalty claims. But if we'd managed to scrape a draw from that, it would have been an injustice.

Thank heaven Grant looks close to a return.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 06:18:33 PM

Embarrassing!
Losing 4 goals at home in this league, Houston outfoxed by a manager who clearly has learning difficulties.
Watson and Taiwo possibly the worst right sided combination I have ever seen - I think every cross either of them put in hit the first man or was outrageously overhit. Taiwo continually wants to come into the middle leaving bombscare Watson exposed, he's not a right a back, he's barely a competent centre back - if we don't have a youth team player capable of coming in and doing a turn at right back, why have a development team at all?
We are paying for Houston's Lazy signings and signing players with lack of athleticism.

The miss by Kerr was outrageous but McHugh missed the 1 on 1 with the keeper before it came to Kerr. McHugh is offering very little to the team at the moment. Miller has to start games - give him 60 mins not 25, but where is Austin? Yet another summer benchwarmer.

It is going to be a long winter, I fear.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Bairnardo
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Bairnardo » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 06:22:35 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:Embarrassing!
Losing 4 goals at home in this league, Houston outfoxed by a manager who clearly has learning difficulties.
Watson and Taiwo possibly the worst right sided combination I have ever seen - I think every cross either of them put in hit the first man or was outrageously overhit. Taiwo continually wants to come into the middle leaving bombscare Watson exposed, he's not a right a back, he's barely a competent centre back - if we don't have a youth team player capable of coming in and doing a turn at right back, why have a development team at all?
We are paying for Houston's Lazy signings and signing players with lack of athleticism.

The miss by Kerr was outrageous but McHugh missed the 1 on 1 with the keeper before it came to Kerr. McHugh is offering very little to the team at the moment. Miller has to start games - give him 60 mins not 25, but where is Austin? Yet another summer benchwarmer.

It is going to be a long winter, I fear.
At least someones happy now I suppose
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 06:37:13 PM

Some decent football ruined by a back 4 that looked like they'd never met. Watson was utterly dire at rb and gasparotto and McCracken were all over the place against a very mediocre Raith front line. I'd expected Houston to sort things out at ht but we were actually even worse defensively in the second half. We desperately need big Peter Grant in there and I still feel that signings like Rankin have added nothing to the side . Today simply emphasised the fact that we still have a number of issues with the balance of the side that need sorted out in January.

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 06:40:25 PM

mchugh hasnt done anything this season. he is living off the end of last season, he makes some good runs but hes not scoring goals. miller should start games with baird for a wee while. gives mchugh a rest for a bit at least.oh and please give us back our top centre back, for gods sake.

The Big Funk
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by The Big Funk » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 08:27:16 PM

McCracken had a bit of a horror show and he's always got a game like that in him. Luke Leahy has been coasting for months, maybe he needs dropped and see what Tony Gallacher can do?
Section B wank, wank, wank

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Saturday 22nd 2016f October 2016 09:15:04 PM

Thats certainly put a healthy dose of reality back into things. Raith were better than us, simple as that. They obviously watched us try similar "long ball" (over the top of the defence with our speedy forwards capitalising on their slow defenders - haha) tactics against Dunfermline, and simply dropped off a bit and mopped everything up at the back. They counter attacked with pace, and we simply obliged by standing off allowing them to cross/overlap at will with no attempt to stop the balls into danger areas. It was only ever going to end one way, and we only briefly looked interested in making a difference by the reaction to their 1st goal. That only really lasted until the Kerr miss, when basically we all must have guessed that it simply wasn't going to be our day.

Houston really must take a huge chunk of responsibility for today (and last weeks tactical errors). His tactics of pumping high balls up to our small forwards is not going to work - even a moron like me knows that. So easy to defend against, as Raith showed. The only time we really hurt them was when we played the ball on the ground in a couple of brief spurts.

I was hugely unimpressed by Rogers distribution - so much so that I'd prefer Deniz in goal to him.

Both full backs were pretty poor, the centre backs (both of them) were unable to cope with Mark Stewarts pace, and Kerrs gifting of the 4th goal summed up how dire we were defensively. A big shake up required. Lets have as a start young Tony Gallagher in at LB. I'm not sure what we can do at RB as Finlayson can be either great or awful in equal measure, but we must give Gasparotto a rest, as he is really not showing the level of consistency thats required at this level. Grant simply must start next week.

Sibbs was decent and tenacious in midfield, but Kerr had a busy but totally unproductive afternoon. Its all well and good running around like mad for 90 minutes - but that "miss", his shooting and his gifting them the 4th goal summed up his overall contribution - a great big feck all. As mentioned in previous posts Taiwo aint no wide attacking midfielder, so ripping into him when being played out of position is pointless. The manager needs to look at why he signed who he did and what his back up was should that not work, before playing this guy in front of his new signings. Hippo had a disappointing day, but at least he kept trying to create something, but he was way short of what he's capable of today. I'd rather have wee Conor Langton play wide right than Taiwo, or Craigen for that matter, the latter shouldn't even be near the starting 11, or the bench. My solution would be to move Leahy up to midfield left(Gallagher to LB), Sibbs inside him, then either Kerr or Taiwo in the centre with Hippo wide right. And keep the ball on the deck and play football, not this hoofing it up the park like a poor mans 1980's Watford.

The front two battled hard, but the centre backs had them in their pockets for most of the game. McHugh really had to score when one on one, and Kerrs miss just beggared belief. But neither of the front two looked likely to create something from the crumbs they were being fed. I'm not going to be too harsh on them, because the quality of balls into them was atrocious. Shep and Miller look to be better options than Baird and McHugh do at the minute. And why bring Shep on and then consistently not give him the ball (Mark Kerr in particular ignored him twice at least when he was in a decent area)?

I'm struggling to think of any player who could be happy with his performance today. Maybe only Sibbs gets pass marks from me.

The biggest failure today though, was the manager. He lost the game through poor tactical choices, poor preparation, his inability to change things positively, or even keep his temper.

We are today in the position in the league that we deserve to be. Dreadful performance by everyone on and off the park.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

1995Bairn
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by 1995Bairn » Sunday 23rd 2016f October 2016 12:35:48 AM

It never ceases to amaze me, the total overreaction on here to every defeat that we have. The only thing different today compared to the last 6 league games (when we won 5/6) was the defensive blunders which cost us goals. That is not like us. We had chances to score more than we did, but defensively we were all over the place today, and it all started in the first 30 seconds when McCracken misjudged the bounce of the ball to allow them to run through with Rogers making a good save, and then another from the resulting corner. But in the last month and a half we have been good defensively, with McCracken and Gasparotto looking like a good partnership - until today. And after today, you would expect that as soon as Grant is ready to start a first team game, he will and that should only make us even better defensively. Because remember, we only conceded 4 times at home in the league up until Grant got injured last January.
But if you look back over the last year and a half, whenever we have had a defensive horror show, we've always had a reaction with us being defensively solid in the next game(s). For example losing 5-3 against Peterhead was followed by winning 2-1 at Livingston and 1-0 at Partick Thistle in the League Cup. And the 7-0 thrashing at Ross County was followed by a 0-0 v Queen of the South. Therefore, I would expect that Houston will be getting things sorted defensively next week in training, and it wouldn't surprise me if we kept a clean sheet at Tannadice next weekend, despite their recent improvement.
But everyone just calm. It was a bad day. They happen.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 23rd 2016f October 2016 10:45:48 AM

If you were a neutral, yesterday was a great game.
However, as a Falkirk fan it was a nightmare.
I think we saw the limitations of McCracken and we must think to life without him. I well remember when Raith visited last season when Stewart ripped him to shreds.
Hopefully, Grant can resume shortly and, according to PH, Muirhead is close to a return.
Neither Watson or Kidd is the answer at RB.
Just watched the TV highlights and the defence were woeful.
Kerr's miss was in the Van Vossen category. Really sorry for him.
Next week, I would start Miller alongside Baird.
Craigen did well for Millers goal but prior to that he was terrible. A bit of an enigma.
Still all to play for in this league with lots of twists and turns to come.

Bula Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bula Bairn » Sunday 23rd 2016f October 2016 02:02:50 PM

Hopefully Grant sorts this defence out soon!

Was very confident going into this but we always seem to muck up in front of a big home support going back to Brockville days...

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Sunday 23rd 2016f October 2016 02:12:17 PM

Have to point out, it will mostly likely take Grant weeks if not months to get back to where he was, he might not even be the same player; that's both his knees had major surgery on them.

If only we were still in that diddy cup, he could have had a better reintroduction to the first team.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 23rd 2016f October 2016 08:44:37 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:Have to point out, it will mostly likely take Grant weeks if not months to get back to where he was, he might not even be the same player; that's both his knees had major surgery on them.

If only we were still in that diddy cup, he could have had a better reintroduction to the first team.
The reason why, sadly, he'll never get a big move.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Bernard Shakey » Monday 24th 2016f October 2016 10:29:08 AM

Bernard Shakey wrote:Looking forward to this.
Think that we will give them a doing (cue sh1tey 0-1).

This is why I don't do a coupon!
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Bernard Shakey » Monday 24th 2016f October 2016 10:41:46 AM

dixie chicken wrote:If you were a neutral, yesterday was a great game.
However, as a Falkirk fan it was a nightmare.
I think we saw the limitations of McCracken and we must think to life without him. I well remember when Raith visited last season when Stewart ripped him to shreds.
Hopefully, Grant can resume shortly and, according to PH, Muirhead is close to a return.
Neither Watson or Kidd is the answer at RB.
Just watched the TV highlights and the defence were woeful.
Kerr's miss was in the Van Vossen category. Really sorry for him.
Next week, I would start Miller alongside Baird.
Craigen did well for Millers goal but prior to that he was terrible. A bit of an enigma.
Still all to play for in this league with lots of twists and turns to come.
Pretty reasonable summary, though I am minded to give Kidd the benefit of the doubt whilst recognising that he is adequate at best.
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Back Post Misses
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Back Post Misses » Monday 24th 2016f October 2016 02:14:32 PM

Defensive Shocker.

After the highs of the previous week I was fearful the players would struggle to get up for it.

Watson should never be near the team again and McCracken showed his age again. As someone said already Mark Stewart ripped the arse out him last season.

However had Kerr scored - and he should never miss that - it is a different game. We would not be in the need to chase the game and we could play deeper and not let Stewart in behind.

Anyway we have done well since Dumfries so we need to regroup and get after it at Tannadice. I think the game will suit us up there. We can play on the break. I would be tempted to play Shepherd on the right and Hypo left to give us real pace on both sides.

In defence hopefully Murihead or Kidd are fit. CH is would stick with the two who have played so far. Not a game to stick in Grant - however Houston will know how well he is and if he plays I would assume he thinks he is ready.