Time for One F to be handed on?

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
A13FFC
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Time for One F to be handed on?

Post by A13FFC » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 02:49:18 PM

Hard to believe a forum which was so strongly supported has got itself into the position its currently in. Posts now rare, comments being made that would have at one time sent the site into meltdown go unchallenged.

I don't know who owns the rights to this but my suggestion is let others take it on, the club needs a fans forum and it needs to be promoted as such. The site hasn't recovered from you changing servers and closing the other page down with no forwarding message.

The cynical might even think it was a deliberate attempt to kill the site, if that in any part is true then it is definitely time to sell up.

There are other fans out there willing to take this on, time to make the decision, its up to you guys!!
Support the team not the regime!!

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Re: Time for One F to be handed on?

Post by Bernard Shakey » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 03:36:01 PM

Hard to argue with any of this.
The site has been in decline for a good while now but the chaotic change of server has all but killed One F.
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 04:33:57 PM

Agree.
I try my best to be controversial but to little or no avail.
Everything very dull and pc.
Apart from Alba's post match analysis which is excellent.

Bairnardo
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Bairnardo » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 09:17:11 PM

To be honest this was the first football forum I had ever joined and it has seen a bad decline in my short time here. Not sure what it used to be like, but I cant imagine for a second it was always this negative. Even when we win guys are whining. I now post over at pie and bovril a lot more. Plenty wankers there too but more activity and more opinion.
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Habib Utak Al Hansi
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Habib Utak Al Hansi » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 09:31:05 PM

Bairnardo wrote:To be honest this was the first football forum I had ever joined and it has seen a bad decline in my short time here. Not sure what it used to be like, but I cant imagine for a second it was always this negative. Even when we win guys are whining. I now post over at pie and bovril a lot more. Plenty wankers there too but more activity and more opinion.
P and B is, with one or two notable exceptions, full of clappy Uberfan wankers, all agreeing with each other about how
utterly wonderful everything is. I can certainly see how it appeals to the likes of you.
PEP SHITTY SHOES - GTF

edinburghbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by edinburghbairn » Tuesday 20th 2016f September 2016 09:32:48 PM

I joined the forum in 2004.
Really enjoyed it for a number of years.
However I think a couple of factors have contributed to where we are

1. COYB Facebook page has been v popular. I also think it's less harsh as you can actually see who posts things
2. Sorry to say negative arguments and petty debates between people turns people off

Anyway let's see what happens. COYB

Bairnardo
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Bairnardo » Wednesday 21st 2016f September 2016 09:01:43 AM

Habib Utak Al Hansi wrote:
Bairnardo wrote:To be honest this was the first football forum I had ever joined and it has seen a bad decline in my short time here. Not sure what it used to be like, but I cant imagine for a second it was always this negative. Even when we win guys are whining. I now post over at pie and bovril a lot more. Plenty wankers there too but more activity and more opinion.
P and B is, with one or two notable exceptions, full of clappy Uberfan wankers, all agreeing with each other about how
utterly wonderful everything is. I can certainly see how it appeals to the likes of you.
The likes of me??

Do go on... This should be good
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Wednesday 21st 2016f September 2016 09:14:02 AM

Aye, that's not like any P+B I recognise.

There's a broader range of opinion there, not as negative as here, not as starry eyed and happy clappy as the COYB page.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 21st 2016f September 2016 10:22:17 AM

Ah, the Brockville Spirit reappear?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Wednesday 21st 2016f September 2016 10:03:50 PM

Real fans post on ONEF. Fake fans post elsewhere. Sor Bones is a poof.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

FawkirkMan
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by FawkirkMan » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 01:29:52 AM

I don't do facebook, twitter or any of they type of forums, i've no even looked on pie & bovril for about 2yrs. I only get my info on here or the FFC site & sometimes the herald. I don't give a f**k what some inbred Fifer, Hibee or any other teams fans have to say about us.

F**K AWE OF THUM :Fingers:
Keep The Faith!

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 10:04:32 AM

It does need a bit of a relaunch and a refresh.

I've found that there appears to be little active management or structure being applied and perhaps the site hasn't kept pace in the times of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

I remember when there was a core of regular posters regardless of the viewpoint taken which seems to have fallen away. It seems the general perception (correctly?) is that the forum is overly negative to put it mildly.

We still need an outlet to discuss the club and perhaps its time to collectively do something positive to get "One F in Falkirk" back to being the premier Bairns fan site.

I could be interested in working with others as A13FFC suggests.
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 02:20:39 PM

Being a pensioner has its advantages but what the hell is twitter and instangram, they even get onto me on here for not being able to quote correctly on one f. Someone will probably tell me. Second thoughts will ask my granddaughter. Keep the one f going. Lads. When you get to my age things don't bother you that much.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 02:34:00 PM

I like this forum.
It just needs to be utilised more and be a bit more controversial.
If you want a sanitised report on our games, all you need to do is read the FFC match reports. Pure PR.
I like to be honest which means offending people which, of course, means taking as well as dishing out.
Maybe it's a generational thing but young people seem to take offence far too easily.
Just a sign of the times, I'm afraid!!!

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 03:07:11 PM

Totally agree Dixie I like the forum, regarding people taking offence as you have said you take it and hand it out that's what life is all about (hey that rimes) .It would not do if the big boy the Geatr Architect of the Universe had made us all the same. Opinion's matter and a bit oh Cotriverse never hurt any body. They are even trying to gag Chris Sutton for his comments as a BT. pundit.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 03:25:03 PM

kennyboy wrote:Totally agree Dixie I like the forum, regarding people taking offence as you have said you take it and hand it out that's what life is all about (hey that rimes) .It would not do if the big boy the Geatr Architect of the Universe had made us all the same. Opinion's matter and a bit oh Cotriverse never hurt any body. They are even trying to gag Chris Sutton for his comments as a BT. pundit.
Sorry if this is a bit of a lovefest but totally agree.
In fact, I can't see all the fuss about the Celtic fans stringing up the dolls dressed up as Rangers fans.
Thought it was quite funny, actually.

Moderator2

Post by Moderator2 » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 03:39:43 PM

Hi guys, some interesting comments. To be honest the Admin Team at One F is very small and we have kept this forum going out of our own pockets for years because we believe the fans need a voice. None of us post on the forum as we agreed early on not to so that the forum was representative of the people who were members with no agenda being followed by us.

I will consult with the site owner with regards to us packing iin thus allowing others to take over as our circumstances have changed since we launched One F all those years ago.

A13FFC
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by A13FFC » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 04:02:16 PM

Can I just place on record the excellent work you guys have done in keeping the site going, I know a few guys who would be interested, I would add that these guys all post on here and I think would keep the site going in the original spirit that it was set out to be. PM me if you want to know more details guys.
Support the team not the regime!!

Moderator2

Post by Moderator2 » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 04:11:21 PM

I have received an email from Admin who have also said that beacause of Data Protection issues there would have to be a new site set up. See below.

We don’t spend much time performing much in the way of administration of this forum any longer. As a former user of several different forums there’s been a definite decline in their popularity with social media sites taking over. A forum really needs a sizeable group of active members to function and in my experience once you get to the stage where there's talk of changes being required it's not really worth continuing with it.

It’s probably no coincidence that the only forums that are still on the go are mostly ones with large and loyal member bases. Forums have many advantages over social media and by their very nature are far better geared toward discussion but they're certainly not the fashion nowadays.

Anyone wishing to set up a similar forum would need to buy web host space and install a fresh forum from scratch. We could then close this forum once the new one has been established.

rusty_nail
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by rusty_nail » Thursday 22nd 2016f September 2016 04:46:20 PM

Thanks for clarifying.

In that case, would you look to sell or give away the domain name to any new forum?
Contemplating the future of One F in Falkirk