Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by geeo41 » Wednesday 02nd 2013f January 2013 06:36:57 PM

HarrogateBairn wrote:
Lithgaebairn wrote:
edinburghbairn wrote:Excluding the Dumbarton game we are the form team in the division.
Sorry moaners that is a fact
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, i'm so glad we're not Morton - their form is terrible... :bang:
Gosh! Lithgaebairn, that's some crystal ball you have. Coming off a run of 5 wins and a draw in the last 6, beginning with a 5-1 win at Dumbarton and concluding with wins against Thistle (away) and Dunfermline, who'd have thought that one comment from you would see them lose 3-0 to the bottom team at home today. Makes our 4-3 loss seem almost respectable. Even better, it makes us the form team again. Good for you! Normally I just groan at your overblown negativity, but I now see that I've completely misjudged you. If you could keep trotting out these one liners to kybosh our rivals, maybe even the passionate, hard working but much-criticised Mr Pressley could lead us to promotion.
Pity life does not come pre-loaded with hindsight huh ?
Lithgae's point was extremely valid and relevent when he made it, and im sorry, the sons win today in no way validates the win v us, they were the worse team in the league, they beat us. There is no excuse for that, regardless of any good future result for them.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 02nd 2013f January 2013 10:27:46 PM

Back Post Misses wrote:
Kiddy wrote:I'd keep an eye on the guy in the opposite dugout the other day. I was very impressed by the way he set his side out & the attacking outlook his side expressed, considering their current predicament. Having only been in the job a month, it will be interesting to see where they finish. If they can replicate those sort of displays.
Kiddy, I accept they were not the worst team to come to TFS this season but if Higgins had taken the two sitters he missed and Dods not got sent off we would have won comfortably. A bit early to say he is going to be this or that.
If my Auntie had baws & all that. Just seen todays scores, & as I said, he's worth keeping an eye on.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Beaver The Bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Beaver The Bairn » Wednesday 02nd 2013f January 2013 11:08:35 PM

bairnadon wrote:
geeo41 wrote:^^^^^^^ That post is feckin tragic.. :oops: .
Sadly Geeo it seems to be you that's tragic !! :roll:

Nurse - time for Geeos medication :lol: :lol:
For a wee minute, forget that geeo41 posted it and try to come up with a footballing reason, not a personal one, why he is wrong!

I know we're skint, i know we can't afford to sack Pressley but can you honestly say you're happy with the first team's style of football?

I've accepted that Pressley is here for the long haul but that doesn't mean I have to like it or gloss over the fact that we are struggling in Scotland's First Division!

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Wednesday 02nd 2013f January 2013 11:17:24 PM

Beaver The Bairn wrote:
bairnadon wrote:
Sadly Geeo it seems to be you that's tragic !! :roll:

Nurse - time for Geeos medication :lol: :lol:
For a wee minute, forget that geeo41 posted it and try to come up with a footballing reason, not a personal one, why he is wrong!

I know we're skint, i know we can't afford to sack Pressley but can you honestly say you're happy with the first team's style of football?

I've accepted that Pressley is here for the long haul but that doesn't mean I have to like it or gloss over the fact that we are struggling in Scotland's First Division!
Or just dont be a dick and admit you cant handle others being right ?
I put sound arguments into this topic and you cant handle it. Even when you agree you still try act like a wee fanny, makes you look like one as well, congratulations, you are now owned by geeo41.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lithgaebairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Lithgaebairn » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 09:47:43 AM

HarrogateBairn wrote:
Lithgaebairn wrote:
edinburghbairn wrote:Excluding the Dumbarton game we are the form team in the division.
Sorry moaners that is a fact
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, i'm so glad we're not Morton - their form is terrible... :bang:
Gosh! Lithgaebairn, that's some crystal ball you have. Coming off a run of 5 wins and a draw in the last 6, beginning with a 5-1 win at Dumbarton and concluding with wins against Thistle (away) and Dunfermline, who'd have thought that one comment from you would see them lose 3-0 to the bottom team at home today. Makes our 4-3 loss seem almost respectable. Even better, it makes us the form team again. Good for you! Normally I just groan at your overblown negativity, but I now see that I've completely misjudged you. If you could keep trotting out these one liners to kybosh our rivals, maybe even the passionate, hard working but much-criticised Mr Pressley could lead us to promotion.
:D It doesn't make our result respectable at all - and we are in no way the 'form team'. I'd still rather be where Morton are - and actually, i'm now even more concerned that Dumbarton are starting to get some results as it makes our position even more vulnerable.

The last thirteen words of your post there is probably the funniest thing i have ever read on this forum. :hammer:
Hail the Gallant Rosey Posey!

Tom Vek
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Tom Vek » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 02:10:25 PM

Vulnerable to what?

If you think we're in serious relegation danger this season then you're bonkers.

Burgess
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Burgess » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 02:32:41 PM

geeo41 wrote:
Beaver The Bairn wrote:

Or just dont be a dick and admit you cant handle others being right ?
I put sound arguments into this topic and you cant handle it. Even when you agree you still try act like a wee fanny, makes you look like one as well, congratulations, you are now owned by geeo41.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

referring to yourself in the third person is further proof that you are not right in the head.

seek help mate before its to late

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 03:04:14 PM

Tom Vek wrote:Vulnerable to what?

If you think we're in serious relegation danger this season then you're bonkers.
To be honest relegation could be the least of our worries the way things are going at present. Unless we have a decent second half of the season and start entertaining people for a change then I can't see many people being desperate to part with their hard earned cash for next years season tickets. Especially as Pressley has managed to waste most of this years budget on playere nowhere near good enough even for the bench. A severe drop ins eason ticket sales will seriously threaten the future of the club and we couild easily see admin looming due to our outgoings being so hugh. Things need to start improving quuickly or we could be in deep dodo.

Duncan Freemason
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Duncan Freemason » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 04:21:02 PM

Admin usually depends on who you owe money to. Much of ours takes the form of soft loans, and those loans tend to come from BoD members. I doubt very much that any BoD would seek administration which would mean them losing what they are owed.......It would be a much simpler process to simply write off the loans.
It's that self same reason that the likes of Livingston haven't folded. They owe their owners huge sums, and soldiering on in the hope of selling a player as it is the only way they will ever see their cash back. Their big difference is that they do not bleat about it publically, because the more public you are in terms of being in financially dire straits, the less you are going to be offered for any player you are trying to sell.
You just have to look at how Hamilton managed the McCarthy sale. They stayed positive throughout the whole thing, and eventually negotiated a million pound deal. How do you think we would have done had he been ours to sell? I reckon we would have settled for something around a third to a half of what Hamilton got.

edinburghbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by edinburghbairn » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 06:27:11 PM

geeo41 wrote:Thats right, we would be liable for 100,000 quid.... :lol: :lol:
Pluck a figure out the air and call it some sort of truth....comedy gold...!!!
You asked for answers i gave you them, no fantasy figures, just the facts you wanted on the missing 1000 and ideas on the rest, and this is what i get back ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Based on a 3 year contract that means there is 2.5 years to go.
Therefore 2.5 years x a salary of £40k pa = £100k
Geo - do you think this 'plucked out of the air figure' is wildly inaccurate ?
If anything that may be conservative.
As you continue to rip into people who contradict you, could you give an estimate of potential compensation costs?
Oops I forgot about the other coaching staff who Pressley has picked. Do u want to keep them on ?

COYB

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 08:34:11 PM

edinburghbairn wrote:
You asked for answers i gave you them, no fantasy figures, just the facts you wanted on the missing 1000 and ideas on the rest, and this is what i get back ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As you continue to rip into people who contradict you, could you give an estimate of potential compensation costs?
Oops I forgot about the other coaching staff who Pressley has picked. Do u want to keep them on ?

COYB
Did pressley show you his payslip ? And do you actually think if we sacked him he would be paid the entire sum remaining on his contract?

Ok then.....

edinburghbairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by edinburghbairn » Thursday 03rd 2013f January 2013 10:59:05 PM

geeo41 wrote:
edinburghbairn wrote:

COYB
Did pressley show you his payslip ? And do you actually think if we sacked him he would be paid the entire sum remaining on his contract?

Ok then.....
That is how contracts work :hammer:

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Friday 04th 2013f January 2013 09:06:25 AM

Nope. It goes to negotiated settlement or tribunal. Think pressley would risk a tribunal ?
Not many managers go down that road, too risky.

BountyBairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by BountyBairn » Friday 04th 2013f January 2013 03:58:16 PM

Or it's already a term in the contract and his staff? 10 months pay is his severnce compensation to terminate his contract before the 3 years are up.

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Friday 04th 2013f January 2013 04:35:53 PM

I'm still suprised that the bod got off so lightly at the AGM about the ludicrous decision to give Pressley a three year deal when there was nothing wrong with the one year rolling deals that are all the rage just now. I think fans accept far more easily a successful manager moving on for little compensation than being stuck with a hopeless manager you can't affored to bullet. Pressley has in my opinion got more leeway than any other Falkirk manager of the last 30 odd years. Considering his record last year in a very poor first divisin he's extremely lucky still to have a job.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Friday 04th 2013f January 2013 06:34:51 PM

BountyBairn wrote:Or it's already a term in the contract and his staff? 10 months pay is his severnce compensation to terminate his contract before the 3 years are up.
Link to that statement ?
Still not 2.5 years worth though is it ? 10 months severence is a bargain as opposed to paying this clown for the next 2.5 years.

pillpusher
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by pillpusher » Friday 04th 2013f January 2013 07:14:23 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:I'm still suprised that the bod got off so lightly at the AGM about the ludicrous decision to give Pressley a three year deal when there was nothing wrong with the one year rolling deals that are all the rage just now. I think fans accept far more easily a successful manager moving on for little compensation than being stuck with a hopeless manager you can't affored to bullet. Pressley has in my opinion got more leeway than any other Falkirk manager of the last 30 odd years. Considering his record last year in a very poor first divisin he's extremely lucky still to have a job.

Normal contract to give a manager like SP is a one year rolling deal.

That works both ways , gives tha manager some security and also protects the club if someone else comes in for them.
HAGI! HAGI! HAGI! HAGI!

Gollywog
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by Gollywog » Tuesday 29th 2013f January 2013 07:10:13 PM

:joker:
silky1969 wrote:]WHO DO WE BRING IN AS MANAGER IF WE GET RID OV ELVIS.WEVE NO MONEY FOR PLAYERS LACES NEVER MIND PAYING OFF ELVIS.IT WOOD STILL BE THE SAME PLAYERS.LETS GET BEHIND THE CLUB .COME ON THE BAIRNS FROM A TRUE SUPPORTER :clap:
:joker: :joker: :joker: get it roond yeez, Elvis is gon nae where