WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
silky1969
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 42
Joined: Thursday 29th 2011f December 2011 05:15:52 PM
Location: carronshore

WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by silky1969 » Sunday 30th 2012f December 2012 05:50:35 PM

]WHO DO WE BRING IN AS MANAGER IF WE GET RID OV ELVIS.WEVE NO MONEY FOR PLAYERS LACES NEVER MIND PAYING OFF ELVIS.IT WOOD STILL BE THE SAME PLAYERS.LETS GET BEHIND THE CLUB .COME ON THE BAIRNS FROM A TRUE SUPPORTER :clap:

User avatar
OffshoreBairn
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7754
Joined: Friday 23rd 2004f July 2004 08:14:16 AM
Location: Middle of North Sea
Contact:

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by OffshoreBairn » Sunday 30th 2012f December 2012 06:34:18 PM

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Image

User avatar
Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7966
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 30th 2012f December 2012 07:14:04 PM

Well I know Billy Brown is at East Fife now but moving to us would be an improvement, albeit minor.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

User avatar
Always Navy Blue
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 36
Joined: Thursday 27th 2012f September 2012 08:04:51 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Always Navy Blue » Sunday 30th 2012f December 2012 11:35:18 PM

How about advertise and see who applies first.
Whose to say the restrictions at the club mean the quality of applicant may not be good enough.
Where did St Johnstone pull Steve Lomas from for instance ?
I reckon we offer a better than decent platform for a young manager.
But probably a giant leap of faith to think out BOD would go far to seek out advice within the game on suitable candidates.
It's the opinion of many on here a simple change in tactics would reap rewards.
Never bought the theory "it's the same players".
Thinking like this will allow Elvis and his cohorts to fester at FFC even longer.

And anyone who's even spent an afternoon in Largs shouldn't be considered.
'It's just how I imagined I'd remember it.' Shane McGowan

alba bairn

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by alba bairn » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 12:32:46 AM

Many more afternoons like the last one, may make it academic. A lot of fans are fed up paying £18/£20 to watch shyte negative football. We may still have a bod and team, but the lifeblood of the club is the fan - many of whom are very disenchanted.

User avatar
falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4411
Joined: Monday 02nd 2008f June 2008 04:55:19 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by falkirk daft » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 01:42:49 AM

Guardiola is looking for a job.

Elvis did say he wants to see us play like Barcelona so why not get the coach.
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

User avatar
OffshoreBairn
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7754
Joined: Friday 23rd 2004f July 2004 08:14:16 AM
Location: Middle of North Sea
Contact:

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by OffshoreBairn » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 07:27:20 AM

falkirk daft wrote:Guardiola is looking for a job.

Elvis did say he wants to see us play like Barcelona so why not get the coach.

The only problem is that we're playing like their Volleyball team????
Image

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by geeo41 » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 07:28:53 AM

silky1969 wrote:]WHO DO WE BRING IN AS MANAGER IF WE GET RID OV ELVIS.WEVE NO MONEY FOR PLAYERS LACES NEVER MIND PAYING OFF ELVIS.IT WOOD STILL BE THE SAME PLAYERS.LETS GET BEHIND THE CLUB .COME ON THE BAIRNS FROM A TRUE SUPPORTER :clap:
Writing this pish in capitals makes no difference, its still pish.
Please explain how you feel you are a better supporter than anyone else, what are you, "the broon shoe elite" ???
GTF.

User avatar
OffshoreBairn
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7754
Joined: Friday 23rd 2004f July 2004 08:14:16 AM
Location: Middle of North Sea
Contact:

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by OffshoreBairn » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 09:44:39 AM

geeo41 wrote:
silky1969 wrote:]WHO DO WE BRING IN AS MANAGER IF WE GET RID OV ELVIS.WEVE NO MONEY FOR PLAYERS LACES NEVER MIND PAYING OFF ELVIS.IT WOOD STILL BE THE SAME PLAYERS.LETS GET BEHIND THE CLUB .COME ON THE BAIRNS FROM A TRUE SUPPORTER :clap:
Writing this pish in capitals makes no difference, its still pish.
Please explain how you feel you are a better supporter than anyone else, what are you, "the broon shoe elite" ???
GTF.

Whatever happened to the 'Real' supporters Reg? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

silky1969
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 42
Joined: Thursday 29th 2011f December 2011 05:15:52 PM
Location: carronshore

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by silky1969 » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 10:39:23 AM

billy brown would be a step back the way be better wi billy smart as for paying 18/20 pound a game buy a season ticket were no gone to go back up to the s pish l for a few seasons anyway as the board hav no ambition and oor fans think gettin rid ov the manager wood be the answer wait and see it will be part-time fitba in the third division :mrgreen:

Burgess
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 3448
Joined: Friday 17th 2009f April 2009 03:08:20 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Burgess » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 12:12:08 PM

Fcuk off pressley you useless piece of sh1t

User avatar
Beaver The Bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 432
Joined: Monday 10th 2004f May 2004 09:04:19 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Beaver The Bairn » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 12:27:12 PM

I really hate this "Ok then, who do we get instead" p**h.

You advertise the vacancy like you would any other (although I know FFC haven't exactly been au fait with using this methodology in the past.)

You then appoint the best candidate.

A large Central Scotland football club advertises for a new manager, in this climate! You would have managers chewing their arms off for the chance!

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 251
Joined: Friday 26th 2012f October 2012 01:52:27 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by AL_bairn » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 02:59:38 PM

Im sure there are plenty of managers out there who would be interested in the Falkirk post, and certainly plenty of mangers who would have a better record than Pressley.

I for one would love him to do well but overall it just hasnt happened.

bairnadon
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sunday 12th 2006f November 2006 12:52:36 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by bairnadon » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 04:56:50 PM

This topic comes up every time we lose!!

There are some on here who have been continually vocal regarding their dislike of Pressley.

I dont think the majority would want him 'sacked in the morning' and clearly under the financial constraints and the number of youngsters we play results like Saturday's are going to happen.

Personally (I think I am allowed an opinion even on OF) I like Pressley - he has got things wrong like any manager but his enthusiasm & commitment shows he cares about the club & is trying to drive a plan over a period of time which means not spending & probably losing players if the money is right.

Bringing in another manager is not going to happen.

I have supported the Bairns longer than most & have seen some 'dodgy' managers in my time and would not class the present incumbent anywhere near that level but given the time I think he could do well for Falkirk.

User avatar
Always Navy Blue
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub
Posts: 36
Joined: Thursday 27th 2012f September 2012 08:04:51 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Always Navy Blue » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 05:40:20 PM

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but for me the facts speak for themselves.
This is our 3rd full season under Elvis and again we have been unable to muster a serious push for promotion.
For a club our size in Div1 that has to set alarm bells ringing.
The tactics being used are driving down attendances - some of those maybe won't ever be back.
His record on signings has to be questioned ,while young players who had fans excited are look like shadows of their former selves.
We're not the only club who are skint - it can only be used as an excuse so many times.

And my opinion on the man hasn't been formed by Dumbarton game and won't change regardless of result against Livi.

I dread to think where he could take us "given the time."
'It's just how I imagined I'd remember it.' Shane McGowan

User avatar
Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5386
Joined: Monday 16th 2004f February 2004 12:59:25 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 05:41:49 PM

The question is will we still have a club to watch by the time he gets his act together. In my opinion hes very lucky that the clowns in charge of our club stupidly gave him a 3 year contract or he might have been out on his ear. His signings have been no less than shocking this season Taylor apart. A club in our situation cannot afford to have new signings being freed in the case of haworth or not even making the bench in the case of leahy and the boy fae ayr who seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Pressley has pished too much money down the drain this season and should've been bulleted for his complete failure in that area.

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20283
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Kiddy » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 05:48:11 PM

I'd keep an eye on the guy in the opposite dugout the other day. I was very impressed by the way he set his side out & the attacking outlook his side expressed, considering their current predicament. Having only been in the job a month, it will be interesting to see where they finish. If they can replicate those sort of displays.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

User avatar
Back Post Misses
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sunday 14th 2006f May 2006 12:51:43 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by Back Post Misses » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 05:58:04 PM

Kiddy wrote:I'd keep an eye on the guy in the opposite dugout the other day. I was very impressed by the way he set his side out & the attacking outlook his side expressed, considering their current predicament. Having only been in the job a month, it will be interesting to see where they finish. If they can replicate those sort of displays.
Kiddy, I accept they were not the worst team to come to TFS this season but if Higgins had taken the two sitters he missed and Dods not got sent off we would have won comfortably. A bit early to say he is going to be this or that.
Give to Big Gordy if you can

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by geeo41 » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 07:11:40 PM

Back Post Misses wrote:
Kiddy wrote:I'd keep an eye on the guy in the opposite dugout the other day. I was very impressed by the way he set his side out & the attacking outlook his side expressed, considering their current predicament. Having only been in the job a month, it will be interesting to see where they finish. If they can replicate those sort of displays.
Kiddy, I accept they were not the worst team to come to TFS this season but if Higgins had taken the two sitters he missed and Dods not got sent off we would have won comfortably. A bit early to say he is going to be this or that.
More pish from the pressley apologist..... :farmer:
If we won 8 nil every week we would win the league, so excuses about missed sitters dont wash.

bairnadon
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sunday 12th 2006f November 2006 12:52:36 PM

Re: WHO DO WE GET AS MANAGER

Post by bairnadon » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 07:21:31 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:The question is will we still have a club to watch by the time he gets his act together. In my opinion hes very lucky that the clowns in charge of our club stupidly gave him a 3 year contract or he might have been out on his ear. His signings have been no less than shocking this season Taylor apart. A club in our situation cannot afford to have new signings being freed in the case of haworth or not even making the bench in the case of leahy and the boy fae ayr who seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Pressley has pished too much money down the drain this season and should've been bulleted for his complete failure in that area.
He has also made some good signings & I dont know any manager who doesnt make poor ones (even Sir Alex!!)

Yesterday we had the best attendance in Div 1 (without any away support worth talking about) and more than St Johnstone in the SPL. Yes I know it was 'only' 3,100 but it is all relative & many clubs would love to get that at the moment.

I remember in the late 70's early 80's when we were in the bottom division (& took 2 or 3 years to get out !!) with crowds down to 1,200 / 1,500 - dark days indeed !! but we survived !
& if we are in trouble there are many worse off.
I am not daft enough to think that everything is rosy but getting rid of an energetic & committed manager is not the answer - be careful what you hope for!

I have always supported Falkirk through thick & thin - & always the club is bigger than any individual.
Personally I enjoy seeing the many young players coming through to the 1st team at the moment & think we are lucky to have so many talented youngsters - I have always been a 'glass half full' kinda guy & after the disappointment of losing to Dumbarton look forward to beating Livy on Wednesday (hopefully!)

Expect the Unexpected (never has a phrase been so true!!) & COYB :clap: :clap:
Happy New Year to all Bairns fans.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests