Compare and Contrast

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Compare and Contrast

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:20:54 PM

I suggest you all have a look at this. Not for one minute do I think Dunfemline have better players than us, but my God, they have a much much better manager.

Look at the structure of their team going forward. Look at the support play, and the off the ball running. Look at the pace from back to front, look at the hunger to score goals. Much as it pains me, their second goal is an absolute gem of teamwork and desire to win a game. Look how many players they push up the pitch in support of their front two.

This is what we want. This is what we pay to see.

Now contrast that to Pressley's attempts at building and motivating a football team. The gulf is huge, and for a manager who has had three years to create something, it clearly shows that he has created absolutely nothing.

And yes, this is the same Livingston that beat us at home two weeks ago.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/livitv/du ... livitv.php
Last edited by Duncan Freemason on Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:38:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal Lecturer
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Compare and Contrast

Post by Hannibal Lecturer » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:32:26 PM

Duncan Freemason wrote:I suggest you all have a look at this. Not for one minute do I think Dunfemline have better players than us, but my God, they have a much much better manager.

Look at the structure of their team going forward. Look at the support play, and the off the ball running. Look at the pace from back to front, look at the hunger to score goals. Much as it pains me, their second goal is an absolute gem of teamwork and desire to win a game. Look how many players they push up the pitch in support of their front two.

Now contrast that to Pressley's attempts at building and motivating a football team. The gulf is huge, and for a manager who has had three years to create something, it clearly shows that he has created absolutely nothing.

Send the link to the chairman.

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:35:37 PM

He'd only be concerned if any of then could be sold in January.

Spud Murphy
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Spud Murphy » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:37:39 PM

Hannibal Lecturer wrote:
Duncan Freemason wrote:I suggest you all have a look at this. Not for one minute do I think Dunfemline have better players than us, but my God, they have a much much better manager.

How will he see it when his head is buried in his own areshole?

bairn4life
International Sub
International Sub

Post by bairn4life » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 08:52:45 PM

We are fecked if they play like that and we play like to have been
'It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt'.

Mustafa_Skagfix
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Mustafa_Skagfix » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:27:43 PM

Look at the hunger and work rate of that dunfermline side. I am actually jealous!

This is a seriously depressing time to support Falkirk. The board have to act and get Elvis to ****, as well as the passengers of this side. For the love of **** I hope we do not promote within, i am sick of it, get a fresh set of eyes and start again. Some players in this squad are simply stealing a living.
Nice to find out who you actually are, amazed how you sit and rip into all on here when your actually a bit of a fat geek.

Best quote ever.

dixie chicken
International Sub
International Sub

Post by dixie chicken » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:19:12 PM

I can't remember when I last saw us play football like that.
Always remember Brian Clough saying that to win games 'you must attack in numbers and defend in numbers'
Our guys just stay put in their own little areas and let the game pass them by.

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 11:12:09 PM

dixie chicken wrote:I can't remember when I last saw us play football like that.
Always remember Brian Clough saying that to win games 'you must attack in numbers and defend in numbers'
clough would release the whole team if he was the manager, except dods and mcgovern since they are the only two players capable of organising a pish up in a brewery

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 07:51:33 AM

dixie chicken wrote:I can't remember when I last saw us play football like that.
Some teams play zonal marking....we play zonal watching... :eyebrow:

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 11:53:04 AM

Amd again correct me if im wrong but but most of their close season signings were players from the scottish league. We're the only club where the buffoon n charge feels a need to look down south for his signings.

BigAl2011
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by BigAl2011 » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 12:33:27 PM

Hannibal Lecturer wrote:

Would he know what to do with it?

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 07:33:03 PM

I know it's easy to pick up statistics that support just about any argument, but I really am irked by the "progress" word. Sure, when Pressley took over (and after relegation) costs were still out of control, and we were awash with some of the dumbest contracts ever, but regardless. looking back on his three "start of seasons" in charge (and we are only six games in so "the first six games" is the only valid comparison) then we have "made progress" as follows.

2010/11 First 6 games saw us with 12 points

2011/12 First 6 games saw us with 9 points

2012/13 First 6 games sees us with 5 points.

Now, two bits of data doesn't make for a trend, but three certainly has the beginnings of one. Now, how much of this sits with the BoD, and how much is SP's culpability, I truly don't know, but it's got the makings of a truly strange kind of progress.

slapheidpar
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by slapheidpar » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 07:53:07 PM

We looked brilliant on Saturday there, but that was in no small part due to a complete (and baffling) lack of fight from Livingston. At 2 - 0 down, I could scarcely believe that they came out for the 2nd half (presumably having just had the hair drier treatment off Yogi) and immediately went on the defensive!? At the very least I thought they would chase every ball!

F*lkirk will be a totally different proposition, trust me. I predict a close one, although I do believe we will have enough to win it. I'll go for 3 - 1 Pars.
'' Let me assure you there's more than one F in F*lkirk!"

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 07:57:08 PM

Look we're trying to be totally negative here. The last thing we need is a positive fifer!!

Steve O
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Steve O » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 08:49:01 PM

Am a fifer, and very positive about the total pumping we (THE PARS) are going to dish out to your team. You are all correct about your manager (pishy broon shoes as we PARS fans call him) he is feckin murder.
We like a hard game from your lot, but your team are toothless and not at their best. This will make it a "hollow victory" for us (if indeed we can beat you which am sure WILL happen)

You should campaign to get Owen the ex-pars man back, untill then "you'll be getting fecked by the FIFER'S AGAIN"
:joker:

jwffc10
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by jwffc10 » Monday 24th 2012f September 2012 09:53:23 PM

Steve O wrote:Am a fifer, and very positive about the total pumping we (THE PARS) are going to dish out to your team. You are all correct about your manager (pishy broon shoes as we PARS fans call him) he is feckin murder.
We like a hard game from your lot, but your team are toothless and not at their best. This will make it a "hollow victory" for us (if indeed we can beat you which am sure WILL happen)

You should campaign to get Owen the ex-pars man back, untill then "you'll be getting fecked by the FIFER'S AGAIN"
:joker:
Mate that's what we call him too :D

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Tuesday 25th 2012f September 2012 12:56:05 AM

I guess I have been super critical of Pressley (certainly this season), and in truth, for most of 2012. It;a important to remember that we don't overplay the loss of players as being the prime cause for our fall from grace. Of the 24 games this year (if you recall, we beat two relegated sides, Hamilton twice, Livingston and Morton) then for 18 of those games, Farid, Wallace and MM were available.

For whatever combination of reasons, we have simply become a team that is under performing, and it's really hard looking at even just the Hamilton and Airdrie games to come up with a conclusion other than it being the team manager's fault. In both games, we clearly had better players, but equally, in both games those better players showed little or no organisation or sense of purpose.

I'd really like to understand why since the turn of the year, old squad or new squad, the manager has struggled to get any sort of performance from the team he puts on the park. It certainly hasn't been a case of "which Falkirk turns up on the day". I don't really remember a league performance this year where we have looked anything other than run of the mill.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Tuesday 25th 2012f September 2012 04:33:51 AM

Duncan Freemason wrote:I guess I have been super critical of Pressley (certainly this season), and in truth, for most of 2012. It;a important to remember that we don't overplay the loss of players as being the prime cause for our fall from grace. Of the 24 games this year (if you recall, we beat two relegated sides, Hamilton twice, Livingston and Morton) then for 18 of those games, Farid, Wallace and MM were available.

For whatever combination of reasons, we have simply become a team that is under performing, and it's really hard looking at even just the Hamilton and Airdrie games to come up with a conclusion other than it being the team manager's fault. In both games, we clearly had better players, but equally, in both games those better players showed little or no organisation or sense of purpose.

I'd really like to understand why since the turn of the year, old squad or new squad, the manager has struggled to get any sort of performance from the team he puts on the park. It certainly hasn't been a case of "which Falkirk turns up on the day". I don't really remember a league performance this year where we have looked anything other than run of the mill.
There is a train of thought here which goes like this...we have a young team on the park, they are allowed to play a natural game for young players = relative success until january ish, afterthat they were clearly "reined in" by the manager, and were distinctly average from then on in. The fact they are so young and inexperienced means they are clearly getting their guidance and coaching from the management team on how to play, so for me its fair to say that the team will perform well or badly depending on what style of football they are told to play.
So far from last season it has been, go for broke = exciting footie with good results, great at times, play by pressleys mantra of pass and defend = crap footie, crappier results.
It surely is not rocket science to assume that if even pressley just told them to attack from the off and play a natural game for keen talented players (which they are imo) they will win many more than they will lose.

scottsdad
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by scottsdad » Tuesday 25th 2012f September 2012 12:47:42 PM

Steve O wrote:Am a fifer...We like a hard... toothless... man...getting fecked by the FIFER'S
We know

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Tuesday 25th 2012f September 2012 06:11:14 PM

slapheidpar wrote:We looked brilliant on Saturday there, but that was in no small part due to a complete (and baffling) lack of fight from Livingston. At 2 - 0 down, I could scarcely believe that they came out for the 2nd half (presumably having just had the hair drier treatment off Yogi) and immediately went on the defensive!? At the very least I thought they would chase every ball!

F*lkirk will be a totally different proposition, trust me. I predict a close one, although I do believe we will have enough to win it. I'll go for 3 - 1 Pars.
well pressley is doing his best to level up the record that we hold over dunfermline so i expect another 4 hidings