The Official Get Elvis to **** Page

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Mustafa_Skagfix
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

The Official Get Elvis to **** Page

Post by Mustafa_Skagfix » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 05:27:13 PM

Today was it for me. Totally invited Airdrie back into that game.

Sticking with poor tactics and players that consistently under perform, ie Stewart Murdoch.

Board has to do something before it's too late, Elvis has had his chance and he's fucked it. If they don't do anything fans will vote with their feet.
Nice to find out who you actually are, amazed how you sit and rip into all on here when your actually a bit of a fat geek.

Best quote ever.

Turbanator
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Re: The Official Get Elvis to **** Page

Post by Turbanator » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 05:58:54 PM

As others have said, this has been more than evident for over 3 years. The turning point for me was when we got rid of 1/3 of the circus act only to go and employ the other 2 in a more senior position. Jefferies came out and stated he wanted it, the chance was there, and we did not take it.

We need someone with a fresh pair of eyes and with no previous affiliation with any of the squad. That rules out Bullen, I know some may not like this, but this needs to be a completely new era. The whole backroom staff need to go and a new gaffer brought in with the promise he can create his own setup within the budget.

I don't expect a 100% win record, or even a 50% win record, I just expect a bit of excitement with a team that gives it their all. That is not happening with Falkirk FC, and has not been for some time, which in turn leads to loss of revenue and loss of the faithful. The amount of diehards who are beginning just to not give **** anymore tells its own story.

Falkirk-Jack-FFC
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Falkirk-Jack-FFC » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 06:11:53 PM

It will never happen, we are to skint to get anyone else.
As much as i blame elvis, the players just arent cutting it either, some look like they just cant be fucked
Time for a mass cull at the club
Things You Wouldn't Hear on Songs of Praise ,, Frankie Boyle "Hello Canterbury , Lets make some f****** noise"

Turbanator
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Turbanator » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 06:14:43 PM

Falkirk-Jack-FFC wrote:It will never happen, we are to skint to get anyone else.
As much as i blame elvis, the players just arent cutting it either, some look like they just cant be fucked
Jack, he signed these guys! If he can't motivate them or inspire them to perform then the way he coaches them obviously is not working.

If it is simply down to the fact they are not good enough then bench them and bring in kids.

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 06:26:55 PM

Turbanator wrote:
Falkirk-Jack-FFC wrote:It will never happen, we are to skint to get anyone else.
Jack, he signed these guys! If he can't motivate them or inspire them to perform then the way he coaches them obviously is not working.

If it is simply down to the fact they are not good enough then bench them and bring in kids.
bringing a f****** football player would be a good start, none of them have a f****** clue. what an absolute joke

craig1finnigan
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by craig1finnigan » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 10:30:12 PM

I've probably been one of Pressley's biggest fans but enough is enough now! I think IMO he has two games ( Codenbeath and Dumfermline) to save his job! That takes us up to the International break! We shall wait and see but this certainly can't continue.

Mustafa_Skagfix
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Mustafa_Skagfix » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 11:13:41 PM

Sorry but he's had enough chances. His record speaks for itself, we're garbage!

Judging by recent results, last year was a freak position! 2 year ago we were brutal, we kept far too many under performers on thinking we could get away with it, last year we got lucky, this year is just horrendous, we've all knew that Mark Millar wasn't going to renew his contract so why the **** has Elvis signed every other position apart from his?!?! Murdoch is just rotten, he's lucky to play at this level! Fulton gets away with hiding during a match every week, it's the most obvious position we're missing in but the management can't see it!
Nice to find out who you actually are, amazed how you sit and rip into all on here when your actually a bit of a fat geek.

Best quote ever.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 07:33:20 AM

Turbanator wrote:As others have said, this has been more than evident for over 3 years. The turning point for me was when we got rid of 1/3 of the circus act only to go and employ the other 2 in a more senior position. Jefferies came out and stated he wanted it, the chance was there, and we did not take it.

We need someone with a fresh pair of eyes and with no previous affiliation with any of the squad. That rules out Bullen, I know some may not like this, but this needs to be a completely new era. The whole backroom staff need to go and a new gaffer brought in with the promise he can create his own setup within the budget.

I don't expect a 100% win record, or even a 50% win record, I just expect a bit of excitement with a team that gives it their all. That is not happening with Falkirk FC, and has not been for some time, which in turn leads to loss of revenue and loss of the faithful. The amount of diehards who are beginning just to not give **** anymore tells its own story.
Totally agree. :shock:

Turbanator
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Turbanator » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:25:09 AM

geeo41 wrote:
Turbanator wrote:As others have said, this has been more than evident for over 3 years. The turning point for me was when we got rid of 1/3 of the circus act only to go and employ the other 2 in a more senior position. Jefferies came out and stated he wanted it, the chance was there, and we did not take it.

Totally agree. :shock:
Good to have you on the team George. We only need the nod for one outstanding topic and you are fully fledged member.......

Romaines of the Day
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by Romaines of the Day » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:18:42 AM

Even people have stopped turning up to Falkirk TV on a Saturday (I think I counted 25 members at the kick-off).
It is difficult watching and I'm starting to lose faith in a reasonably successful season (by which I mean being in the mix for an eventual league expansion). It is the same rubbish over and over again, and as usual the Academy, recent cup finals and our 'European campaign' are ponied up as things to be happy about as a fan.

And to Martin Ritchie:
To quote from Inception:
'Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!' - basically, he'll be the only one at the games if it continues.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 11:10:08 AM

We could have had Terry Butcher at the time. He was with Inverness in the 1st Division at the time and we were in the SPL. He was very local and might have taken it as a bigger club, nearer his family, higher league etc etc...you never see his teams go down without a fight
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 06:28:20 PM

Ah but Mr Pressley is pretty undemanding. He will keep us in this league, and there will never be any serious likelihood of him putting together a team capable of challenging for the title. He'll not complain about or resist player sales (and just wait until we are talking about 30k and not 300k).
Finishing outside the top four (thinking about the outside chance of league expansion here) might seem like an outrageous prospect for us, but I don't think the board are all that fussed. Provided player sales underwrite lost attendance revenue, then I really don't think they care too much about lost supporters. We're going to be Willy Wonka's Player Factory don't you know.

optimist
International Sub
International Sub

Post by optimist » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 06:54:33 PM

My optimism is being drained on a weekly basis and to be honest, 5 points out of 6 games in the First Division is dire. This is manager sacking form. I had recently been thinking, lets see how we do against the poorer teams - I think it confirmed yesterday by struggling against a murder Airdrie team with no discernable ability, that something needs to be done.

I'm not one to jump on the "sack the manager" bandwagon, but it might not be long before I do. The team is a shadow of last years team, and looks to be unable to perform the basics well.

We are terrible at all set-pieces, whether it's free kicks, corners, throw-ins or bloody goal kicks!
Our crossing of a ball is poor.
We are bullied by players that are not any older than our young players.
The right side of our defence is like Keystone Cops.
Our midfield has no attacking flair, which means we have become a long-ball team so as to bypass our midfield.
We do not make changes until it is too late.
When Dods is out of the team, we have no leader on the park.

It is going to have to be a boring-looking Saturday for me to drag my arse over to Cowdenbeath, and I am not looking forward to the Dunfermline game, which is just wrong. When the blind faithful like me are debating as to whether I will go the game, then it's bad times.

I actually like Pressley, and I thought he would take us forward this season - however, I'm beginning to think that he might not be long for the club.
Always look on the bright side of life!

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Duncan Freemason » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 07:41:40 PM

The leap that the majority of fans still have to make is that a manager who is incapable of getting the biggest (or second biggest) club in this division anywhere near being competitive is of absolutely no importance to our BoD. That is not what they want. They want a manager who will shop window players and sell them.......regardless of the consequences to the team on the park. Out there somewhere is a spreadsheet that they have bought into that tells them it will work.
It's similar (but different) to Livingston. They have something around 700 paying customers. Do you think that pays for their squad plus Hughes and Collins? Of course it doesn't. Hughes and Collins are there to shop window a few foreign players and get them sold on. Who knows what happens to that cash (if and when it appears), but one thing is certain, it'll probably be portioned up and it won't be re-invested back in Livingston. They are two million in the hole, and people want their money back..

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:16:16 PM

The chat I've heard is the Kent has two games to save his job. Perhaps no truth in it but fingers crossed.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

jwffc10
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by jwffc10 » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:25:36 PM

Sir Jones wrote:The chat I've heard is the Kent has two games to save his job. Perhaps no truth in it but fingers crossed.
When you say two games, does that mean two games that we can't lose or must win?

Mustafa_Skagfix
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Mustafa_Skagfix » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:41:24 PM

Two games?!? It's two games too many for me I'm afraid, he should've been sacked after the livingston game.

For me he hasn't done his job, the key area this year has bn Centre mid, we've been overrun and beaten in this area every game I've seen. Yesterday we practically avoided passing the ball into that area. This team is utterly shoot. I can't understand why any fans would still support Elvis, he is costing us points and if time allows our position in this league. His record this year is appalling, he simply has to go.

Best quote ever.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:05:16 PM

jwffc10 wrote:
Sir Jones wrote:The chat I've heard is the Kent has two games to save his job. Perhaps no truth in it but fingers crossed.
When you say two games, does that mean two games that we can't lose or must win?
Couldn't say. I'd imagine 4 points would suffice if any truth in it.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

jwffc10
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by jwffc10 » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:10:21 PM

Sir Jones wrote:
jwffc10 wrote:
Couldn't say. I'd imagine 4 points would suffice if any truth in it.
Fair do's. I can see us getting no more than 2 if I'm honest.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:33:16 PM

I have been a fan of Elvis. Purely because of the way he talks about football. I like his philosophy but judging by the few games I've seen this season I really do question whether he should still be in charge of our club. The lone striker thing just isn't working and our players are completely underperforming and seem clueless about their positions on the park. The worrying thing is that he doesn't even attempt to change his tactics and is set on continuing with a plan that is failing badly.

There is nothing about our team at the moment to excite fans and prices are ridiculously high for what is being produced on the park.

I think we've been sold into this whole academy thing. For me it is important however what is happening now is that our teams are flooded with kids who are either not good enough or not yet ready for a sustained run in the first team. The majority of our players are youth players on youth wages. Even those that have came in to our club(Dods apart) are young players who are still learning and not had many seasons playing regularly at this level. But yet we're continually told how great our academy is etc.

Every club has a youth team. Maybe the facilities we have cost a bit more to run but surely we should be able to afford two or three players with a good pedigree that the fans would pay to see such as Latapy, Stainrod, Owen Coyle or experienced pros in different parts of the field that can guide the youngsters through the game.

I know times have changed but attendances aren't much different to those days and some decent results with a couple of good players bought would bring the fans back. I don't even understand why we are not looking to take any players on loan either.