Bairnstrust = Falkirk Supporters Society

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
A13FFC
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Bairnstrust = Falkirk Supporters Society

Post by A13FFC » Friday 21st 2012f September 2012 08:34:23 PM

Just a little reminder that this Thursday (27th Sep) will see the launch of the Falkirk Supporters Society take place at the Park Hotel. The evening kicks off at 7pm.

The evening is completely free and open to all Falkirk fans, you do NOT need to be a member to attend

We have full representation attending from the clubincluding Steven Pressley, David White (General Manager) & Board Directors so this really is your chance to have your say and ask those questions directly to the people involved in the running of the club.

We really urge as many of you as possible to come along to support the all new supporters society and play your part in the future of our club.

Best wishes

Alastair Brookes

Falkirk Supporters Society Fans Rep
Support the team not the regime!!

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Re: Bairnstrust = Falkirk Supporters Society

Post by geeo41 » Friday 21st 2012f September 2012 08:49:13 PM

A13FFC wrote:Just a little reminder that this Thursday (27th Sep) will see the launch of the Falkirk Supporters Society take place at the Park Hotel. The evening kicks off at 7pm.

The evening is completely free and open to all Falkirk fans, you do NOT need to be a member to attend

We have full representation attending from the clubincluding Steven Pressley, David White (General Manager) & Board Directors so this really is your chance to have your say and ask those questions directly to the people involved in the running of the club.

We really urge as many of you as possible to come along to support the all new supporters society and play your part in the future of our club.

Best wishes

Alastair Brookes

Im guessing, rightly or wrongly the chances of a straight answer to a straight question are next to zero then ?
Question to the board member.....will pressley be sacked if he does not resign, after reigning over a prolonged period of terrible football (with the exception of a few months last season) in falkirk fc's history ?
Bet that wouldnt get a straight answer....so whats the point ?

A13FFC
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by A13FFC » Friday 21st 2012f September 2012 08:57:26 PM

geeo41 wrote:
A13FFC wrote:Just a little reminder that this Thursday (27th Sep) will see the launch of the Falkirk Supporters Society take place at the Park Hotel. The evening kicks off at 7pm.

Best wishes

Alastair Brookes

Im guessing, rightly or wrongly the chances of a straight answer to a straight question are next to zero then ?
Question to the board member.....will pressley be sacked if he does not resign, after reigning over a prolonged period of terrible football (with the exception of a few months last season) in falkirk fc's history ?
Instead of moaning on here about it Geeo41 why not come along and ask the question, it will be a free floor on the night, so there is a point!

FifeBairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by FifeBairn » Friday 21st 2012f September 2012 10:36:02 PM

Does Bairnstrust = Falkirk Supporters Society mean that those of us who ticked the box to join Bairnstrust when renewing our STs are members of FSS and if so, why hasn't there been any contact so far to confirm this?
The one and only original FifeBairn - accept no substitutes!

A13FFC
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by A13FFC » Friday 21st 2012f September 2012 11:54:18 PM

FifeBairn wrote:Does Bairnstrust = Falkirk Supporters Society mean that those of us who ticked the box to join Bairnstrust when renewing our STs are members of FSS and if so, why hasn't there been any contact so far to confirm this?
This is in the process of being done Fifebairn, in actual fact The Falkirk Supporters Society is the registered name and always has been, the Bairnstrust was the trading name, all we have done is reverted back to the full title.

A

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 07:12:55 AM

A13FFC wrote:
geeo41 wrote:

Best wishes

Alastair Brookes

Instead of moaning on here about it Geeo41 why not come along and ask the question, it will be a free floor on the night, so there is a point!
So you avoid the point i made, that the question posed (to the board member) would never get a straight answer, so you want me to come along, ask it and not get a straight answer ?
That would be a complete waste of time.

Falkirk Till I Die
International superstar
International superstar

Post by Falkirk Till I Die » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 07:20:06 AM

geeo41 wrote:
So you avoid the point i made, that the question posed (to the board member) would never get a straight answer, so you want me to come along, ask it and not get a straight answer ?
He is not avoiding the point you made, Geeo.
I don't see how he can possibly know what answer would be given by the Board member, hence the reason he has asked you to come along and see what they say.
I agree with you that they probably won't give you a straight answer, but if you don't ask, you won't ever know.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 07:25:10 AM

Falkirk Till I Die wrote:
geeo41 wrote:
He is not avoiding the point you made, Geeo.
I don't see how he can possibly know what answer would be given by the Board member, hence the reason he has asked you to come along and see what they say.
I agree with you that they probably won't give you a straight answer, but if you don't ask, you won't ever know.
Come on...."its sooooooooooo unlikely..." :lol:

Burgess
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Burgess » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 09:15:43 AM

Why dont you go and find out then geeo41, or you going to.hide behind your computer all your life.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager

Post by geeo41 » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 04:33:42 PM

Burgess wrote:Why dont you go and find out then geeo41, or you going to.hide behind your computer all your life.
Been there done it actually, helped oust the deans when others were just sitting back doing nothing, do i want to do that again, no thanks, i will leave it to all u go getters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hiding behind computers all my life ??? Im 46, hellavu computers back in 1966.. :wiggle:

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 04:50:07 PM

I tell u what would guarantee a bumper crowd for the new society. Binning the clown thats in charge. If theres no pitchforks or burning crosses for chasing the clown out of town then its a poor show.

Turbanator
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Turbanator » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 06:06:26 PM

It will be the same old faces with the same old noise. The new branding does nothing, we simply live in an era where the confrontational aspect of standing up for what you believe in is few and far between. Not a pop at the new guys, I wish you all well, but I just feel you're fighting a losing battle. Ultimately the BOD will do what they want, as has already been proven with the Elvis contract etc, and hold all the cards in terms of the coin. That is ultimately what it comes down to. If nobody is willing to buy out Ritchie then there is nothing anybody can do!

If this was 15 years ago a certain poster would be revving his engine up round about now preparing for one last dance with the devil, a mob would have been demanding blood at the main entrance, and people would be going bananas demanding chance. Instead we are blessed with George and co, who haven't been to games in years, bleating on about Rangers and how they have ruined the game. Sign of the times.

Good luck all the same. I won't be there as I am not in the country, and have had enough sunshine blown up my arse this week.

ToonBairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by ToonBairn » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 06:55:02 PM

A would love every greeting faced person on this forum to go to this and tell them everything to Pressley's face. That would be interesting

And for all these student typed c*nts who were brought up in the Main Stand at Brockville, or for anyone who watched us from that part of Brockville.

Please go. Please

The Whistle Blower
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by The Whistle Blower » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 08:13:19 PM

Geoo to an extent is right. Going and sounding off wont change a jot. If fans want influence, and I mean real influence they are going to have to back some sort of movement / organisation both with helping out and cash. I spoke to one of the long serving Trust guys recently and they said that the changes are a lot more than window dressing and their is a plan in place.

I am going to give the new look the benefit of the doubt, go along and listen to what they have to say. If they are talking pish then at least it will be amusing fans getting tore into Pressley.

We are in such a state on and off the park that fans have to be heard now FFS.
Falkirk FC, for Fans of Falkirk. All imposters out

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 11:36:58 PM

ToonBairn wrote:A would love every greeting faced person on this forum to go to this and tell them everything to Pressley's face. That would be interesting

And for all these student typed c*nts who were brought up in the Main Stand at Brockville, or for anyone who watched us from that part of Brockville.

Please go. Please
Mrs Pressley, me and the guys apologised to you and your husband for shouting naughty obscenities directed at your son during a home match last season. We explained ourselves back on that fateful day and thought it was all under the carpet now? There really isn't any need to come on a fans forum to keyboard warrior it at every chance. You just make yourself and, by extension, your son look even more hopeless. He wasn't good enough then and isn't now. Accept it and please try and get Steven to move on to ruin some 3rd Division club instead. Perhaps he could take Martin Ritchie with him too?

Thank you.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Saturday 22nd 2012f September 2012 11:39:31 PM

Turbanator wrote:Ultimately the BOD will do what they want, as has already been proven with the Elvis contract etc, and hold all the cards in terms of the coin. That is ultimately what it comes down to. If nobody is willing to buy out Ritchie then there is nothing anybody can do!
Very true, as I found out around about this time last year. Those who hold the power at the club are, generally speaking, happy with the running of things and the management. It's insane and we're stuck with it.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

lovesgreatadventure
International Sub
International Sub

Post by lovesgreatadventure » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 07:18:38 AM

Sir Jones wrote:
ToonBairn wrote:A would love every greeting faced person on this forum to go to this and tell them everything to Pressley's face. That would be interesting

Please go. Please
Mrs Pressley, me and the guys apologised to you and your husband for shouting naughty obscenities directed at your son during a home match last season. We explained ourselves back on that fateful day and thought it was all under the carpet now? There really isn't any need to come on a fans forum to keyboard warrior it at every chance. You just make yourself and, by extension, your son look even more hopeless. He wasn't good enough then and isn't now. Accept it and please try and get Steven to move on to ruin some 3rd Division club instead. Perhaps he could take Martin Ritchie with him too?

Thank you.
Sadly, toonbairn is one of pressleys young followers who thinks he's doing a smashing job - FACT
In the bag:
Dixie Chicken
buscjohn1
geeo41
bulletfaefalkirk

Turbanator
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Turbanator » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 09:21:12 AM

Please go. Please
Don't be an idiot. Tell a man you are not happy with the results and performances on the park due to his management? No problem in doing that. Fans these days vent their anger with their feet or the odd chant/boo, and the sound ringing through the stadium yesterday told Elvis how the paying supporter is feeling. The man will know himself this is not working out, providing he is not completely deluded.

You really don't get it. To tell paying supporters to stay away from an already dwindling support just highlights your ignorance.

grahamston
International Regular
International Regular

Post by grahamston » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:25:36 AM

T, I understand the nostalgia for the more spirited fans' movements of Brockville days, but I think three things condemn that type of action to the past. First, the passion has left the Falkirk support. Ascribe whatever reason you want, but apathy now rules. Second, it wouldn't be tolerated. Anything that looks like a mob would attract heavy handed police attention, as tolerance to more traditional football behaviour has changed dramatically over the past generation. And third, this may feel like a depression, but there's been no catalyst for mass action, unlike the fraudulence of the Deans or megalomania of Fulston leading us to ruin.

So more considered, concerted action from the only fans' movement that exists is our only real hope, short of an unexpected change in leadership personnel or behaviour.

The only positive change we've seen around the club recently has been the Trust trying to shake things up. They have to be supported, otherwise all the whinging on here or elsewhere just isn't worth a f'ck. Turn up, let Alastair and co make their pitch and offer support, and take the chance to tell the leadership exactly what you think. It's the only option on the table.
PLAY-OFF CHARGE!

lewis26
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by lewis26 » Sunday 23rd 2012f September 2012 10:53:25 AM

Don't go on Thursday. There is NO point.
The only way for the board to take notice is for a poor turnout and for an empty stadium. I don't want the club to lose money, but its the only thing Martin and Co care about, so hit them where it hurts.
"Meanwhile back on British loam, Irish driven from their homes. Persecuted Welsh and Scot, and robbed them all of all they'd got"