Players applauded at BTW

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
BombayBairn
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Players applauded at BTW

Post by BombayBairn » Sunday 31st 2009f May 2009 03:39:27 PM

Scobbie, Arfield, Mallo and Reira were applauded into BTW last night and even although it was heaving the place came to a stand still.

My Brother-in-law and I were talking to Scott Arfield in the toilet later and he's a top bloke and a very humble young guy. One lad who was talking to him mentioned that he had come over from Brisbane for the game. Arfield was totally taken aback and shook the guys hand and thanked him for making such a big effort to come over and see the Bairns and give his support.

So much for the stereotypical young footballer with plenty cash and arrogance to match. Arfield or Scobbie dont fall into that category.

As for Mallo and Reira, again very humble but it was like flies round sh*te with some of Falkirk's young ladies doing their best to be all over them like a cheap suit.

savagecabbage
International Regular
International Regular

Re: Players applauded at BTW

Post by savagecabbage » Sunday 31st 2009f May 2009 08:42:36 PM

BombayBairn wrote:Scobbie, Arfield, Mallo and Reira were applauded into BTW last night and even although it was heaving the place came to a stand still.

My Brother-in-law and I were talking to Scott Arfield in the toilet later and he's a top bloke and a very humble young guy. One lad who was talking to him mentioned that he had come over from Brisbane for the game. Arfield was totally taken aback and shook the guys hand and thanked him for making such a big effort to come over and see the Bairns and give his support.

So much for the stereotypical young footballer with plenty cash and arrogance to match. Arfield or Scobbie dont fall into that category.

As for Mallo and Reira, again very humble but it was like flies round sh*te with some of Falkirk's young ladies doing their best to be all over them like a cheap suit.
quality, we were just leaving and clocked Danni out side. gave him a few songs and i asked him if he was staying. True gent. Riera was on the blower when we were singing at him. cool as a cucumber.They deserved the acclaim
:lol:

Holy Smokes
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Holy Smokes » Monday 01st 2009f June 2009 03:24:12 PM

Riera and Mallo were in Sportsters for the champions league final, and have to agree with the other posts, both are true gents and have decent banter :bow:

The Mad Fin Lothario
Under 18 sub
Under 18 sub

Post by The Mad Fin Lothario » Wednesday 03rd 2009f June 2009 01:04:23 PM

BombayBairn wrote:My Brother-in-law and I were talking to Scott Arfield in the toilet later. Arfield was totally taken aback and shook the guys knob for him to thank him for making such a big effort to come over...it
Hope you all washed your hands after the love-in...
666th in the world...

BombayBairn
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by BombayBairn » Wednesday 03rd 2009f June 2009 09:10:48 PM

The Mad Fin Lothario wrote:
BombayBairn wrote:My Brother-in-law and I were talking to Scott Arfield in the toilet later. Arfield was totally taken aback and shook the guys knob for him to thank him for making such a big effort to come over...it
Hope you all washed your hands after the love-in...
We did but the most annoying thing was that they'd ran out of hand towels, the dryer wasnt working and its a right pain having to wipe ye hands down your good shirt