Finishing the Stadium: the Council's role

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Reserve first team

Re: Finishing the Stadium: the Council's role

Postby legibroon » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 11:13:37 PM

Is the Stadium owned by Falkirk Council or Falkirk Community Trust ...I see Maureen Campbell is one of the directors and shes the head of the Trust...it would certainly complicate things

International Sub

Postby lewfal » Wednesday 30th 2016f March 2016 02:42:27 PM

Train station location works well for St Mirren

First Team regular

Postby havenbairn » Wednesday 06th 2016f April 2016 02:16:10 PM

legibroon wrote:Is the Stadium owned by Falkirk Council or Falkirk Community Trust

My understanding is that the stadium is owned by Falkirk Council and Falkirk Football Club.

It is managed on behalf of the Council by Falkirk Community Stadium Limited.

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Wednesday 04th 2016f May 2016 11:14:57 PM

Celtic go ahead with safe standing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205523

We want our safe standing East Terrace at TFS!!
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
Houston we have a problem - we need an East Terrace

Reserve first team

Postby Bootneck Bairn » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 12:20:46 AM

Hopefully, their fans won't fcuk it up and it then get completely ruled out for everyone.

I'd love to see a small stand built with a similar "home/away" segregation split like the one at Brockville. Low roof, stacks and of atmosphere in there and relatively cheap to build.

Doing so will make us the envy the of a lot of supporters in the country who crave the return of terracing but can't get it in their grounds.

If they want to increase the grounds capacity, fill in the corners a bit.
Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley...

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 07:19:08 PM

Bootneck Bairn wrote:Hopefully, their fans won't fcuk it up and it then get completely ruled out for everyone.

I'd love to see a small stand built with a similar "home/away" segregation split like the one at Brockville. Low roof, stacks and of atmosphere in there and relatively cheap to build.

Doing so will make us the envy the of a lot of supporters in the country who crave the return of terracing but can't get it in their grounds.

If they want to increase the grounds capacity, fill in the corners a bit.

The above scenario makes me moist with excitement.

First Team superstar

Postby Bula Bairn » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 08:10:03 PM

Would love to see that as well - 2,000 capacity split 50/50 with the tv gantry that side

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 08:37:11 PM

If we are talking about design, then something similar in size to where we sit at Palmerston with tv gantry in the middle, except we would have standing areas. If that did happen then we'd have the sexiest 10000 capacity stadium in Scotland. :clap:

Reserve superstar

Postby FFCSLAING10 » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 09:02:10 PM

Whether we need the 4th stand or not, I personally think it would be outstanding if we managed to build 1 but only if we go down the route of safe standing. This has to be the only option. Imagine the young ones who try their best to drum up some atmosphere from the South Stand, were opposite the main stand creating a new 'choir' section. The noise created would be trapped by the 3 opposite stands instead of being lost to the east side of ground. If it's possible to split the new stand with away support then all the better.

Growing up as a Falkirk fan I started off watching games with my dad at hope street end before working my way round to beside the choir boys until eventually me and my mates were well and truly amongst the choir, starting songs and screaming abuse at the away fans thru the cage. it seems silly now but it was a rite of passage as a Bairn and it's sad we don't have that now. If we do build an east stand we HAVE to try capture this spirit again otherwise it's an opportunity missed
Better meddle wi' the devil, than the Bairns o' Falkirk

International Manager

Postby Kiddy » Thursday 05th 2016f May 2016 11:01:31 PM

The only chance of 'safe standing' at present, would be to replace the type of seats in the SS.
Unless we sell somebody for a couple of £m's, then anything being built on thhe East side is a non starter.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

First Team superstar

Postby Dade » Friday 06th 2016f May 2016 03:23:02 PM

Safe standing is just chasing existing seats with ones that have barriers on the back. Why do we need to build a new stand to do that? As nice as it would be to have a four sided stadium, we don't sell out what we have at present so there is absolutely no need for it.

We could actually just built normal terracing which we could use for Scottish Cup matches or for however long we stay in this league. If it was like the Watson Street enclosure then it would only take some concrete blocks and some barriers. Doesn't have to be that steep either.

Reserve superstar

Postby Newborn Bairn » Friday 06th 2016f May 2016 03:47:33 PM

How many times does it have to be said? The fourth stand isn't about seats, terracing or increasing attendances, it's about building something where corporate events and hospitality could be hosted. It's about investing in something that will generate long term income for the club. Any seats are incidental.

I approached the club last season looking to buy a corporate box for a season and a venue my company could use for events. I was told no boxes were available and the club only had access to the larger rooms suitable for events on a match day.

Other clubs make quite a lot of money out of corporate events, weddings etc on non-match days. This is a revenue stream currently closed to the club because the council effectively own the public areas of the main stand.

If we want our club to be sustainable in the long term we either get the council out (ain't going to happen) or build a structure on the land available to us.

From a business point of view a hotel with an event space would be ideal.

First Team regular

Postby Bridge of Allan Bairn » Friday 06th 2016f May 2016 04:31:35 PM

I agree a fourth stand needs built. If it can be split for home and away with TV in between that would be great with standing at the front and corporate at the back. The stand needs to align in height size with the north and south stands otherwise it will look ridiculous for ever
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Reserve sub

Postby Albus Dumbledore » Friday 06th 2016f May 2016 07:23:58 PM

A terrace the same height as the North and South Stands would look lovely and would create a good atmosphere if it was split 2/3 with away fans. Doug Henderson has always said that the aim is to get a 4th stand built however somebody would really need to ask the question at an AGM or fans meeting if terracing or safe-standing would ever be considered by the club or if it would ever be a basis for consultation with the fans.

Even if the club expressed that they would consider it then you'll probably get a bit more interest from fans who may have been pt it off by the poor match experience we have had for the last few years.

Reserve sub

Postby John Markie » Friday 06th 2016f May 2016 11:05:05 PM

Albus Dumbledore wrote:A terrace the same height as the North and South Stands would look lovely and would create a good atmosphere if it was split 2/3 with away fans. Doug Henderson has always said that the aim is to get a 4th stand built however somebody would really need to ask the question at an AGM or fans meeting if terracing or safe-standing would ever be considered by the club or if it would ever be a basis for consultation with the fans.

Even if the club expressed that they would consider it then you'll probably get a bit more interest from fans who may have been pt it off by the poor match experience we have had for the last few years.

Sellick refurbishing part of their ground and will include a safe standing area.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Saturday 07th 2016f May 2016 12:24:10 AM

John Markie wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:A terrace the same height as the North and South Stands would look lovely and would create a good atmosphere if it was split 2/3 with away fans. Doug Henderson has always said that the aim is to get a 4th stand built however somebody would really need to ask the question at an AGM or fans meeting if terracing or safe-standing would ever be considered by the club or if it would ever be a basis for consultation with the fans.

Sellick refurbishing part of their ground and will include a safe standing area.

Was speaking to a Celtic supporting friend who told me that 2000 seats would be used for safe standing at Celtic Park. That's the same capacity as our entire South Stand! :shock:

International Manager

Postby Kiddy » Saturday 07th 2016f May 2016 11:09:05 AM

Quidsin wrote:
John Markie wrote:

Was speaking to a Celtic supporting friend who told me that 2000 seats would be used for safe standing at Celtic Park. That's the same capacity as our entire South Stand! :shock:

You've only got the cost of the seats & removal replacement, the capacity doesn't change.
Perhaps if FFC were to cost this, on the SS, & make it public. We'd know if it was a goer or not.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

First Team sub

Postby Bernard Shakey » Monday 09th 2016f May 2016 12:23:10 PM

Newborn Bairn wrote:How many times does it have to be said? The fourth stand isn't about seats, terracing or increasing attendances, it's about building something where corporate events and hospitality could be hosted. It's about investing in something that will generate long term income for the club. Any seats are incidental.

I approached the club last season looking to buy a corporate box for a season and a venue my company could use for events. I was told no boxes were available and the club only had access to the larger rooms suitable for events on a match day.

Other clubs make quite a lot of money out of corporate events, weddings etc on non-match days. This is a revenue stream currently closed to the club because the council effectively own the public areas of the main stand.

If we want our club to be sustainable in the long term we either get the council out (ain't going to happen) or build a structure on the land available to us.

From a business point of view a hotel with an event space would be ideal.

This!
The Council have us by the danglies at the moment, having control of our own facilities is crucial to the well being of the club and lessens our reliance on the good will of the semi literate, self serving dolts and chancers in the Municipal Buildings.

As an aside why not move the club shop into the vacant area in the South Stand?
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Under 18 superstar

Postby Bairnardo » Monday 09th 2016f May 2016 03:26:28 PM

Does anyone on here have the links in the the club to approach them for a statement re Celtics decision to move to safe standing and what they think about it for ourselves/East stand development

Id like to know what they are thinking, if anything, after that came out.
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Reserve first team

Postby legibroon » Tuesday 10th 2016f May 2016 04:37:03 PM

OK you lot want STANDING areas ...fair enough >>.I want SMOKING AREAS ...the stands are concrete and not fully enclosed ...and if we are really going to turn the clock back I want to be able to change ends at half time

PreviousNext

Return to Falkirk FC