Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Reserve superstar

Re: Finishing the Stadium: the Council's role

Postby Newborn Bairn » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 10:29:48 PM

Disabled spaces - the barstewards! I bet you really grudge them

Under 18 first team

Postby exbogboy » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 10:50:49 PM

No I don't, one of them is my young brother-in-law's, who was unable to attend today. Your comment is far from the truth for 20 or more years I was a volunteer Ambulanceman at Brockville.

First Team regular

Postby pillpusher » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 11:07:00 PM

There would have been plenty of spaces, but they are still finishing the monoblocking area.
HAGI! HAGI! HAGI! HAGI!

Under 21 International

Postby The Real Super Sam » Friday 18th 2015f December 2015 03:35:12 PM

I have been told that at the meeting of Falkirk Council on Wednesday the council leader, Craig Martin, descrbed the Falkirk Stadium as "an SNP Vanity Project". Given the times I see him in the directors box accepting freebies I would have thought he would have been a bit more supportive but then the Labour Party have never been particularly supportive of FFC.

Reserve superstar

Postby gruezi ffc » Friday 18th 2015f December 2015 04:42:19 PM

The Real Super Sam wrote:I have been told that at the meeting of Falkirk Council on Wednesday the council leader, Craig Martin, descrbed the Falkirk Stadium as "an SNP Vanity Project". Given the times I see him in the directors box accepting freebies I would have thought he would have been a bit more supportive but then the Labour Party have never been particularly supportive of FFC.

Typical 2 faced Labour. If they had their way at the time, certain Labour councillors would have given the money from the sale of Brockville to the Camelon Celtic Supporters Club.
Last edited by gruezi ffc on Friday 18th 2015f December 2015 07:05:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Come the revolution......George will be first against the wall :D

International Manager

Postby Kiddy » Friday 18th 2015f December 2015 05:56:14 PM

The Real Super Sam wrote:I have been told that at the meeting of Falkirk Council on Wednesday the council leader, Craig Martin, descrbed the Falkirk Stadium as "an SNP Vanity Project". Given the times I see him in the directors box accepting freebies I would have thought he would have been a bit more supportive but then the Labour Party have never been particularly supportive of FFC.

You'd never know the Council had a major stake in the stadium. Their lack of investment over the years has been staggering. Yet they moan about costs of maintaining multiple properties all over the District, when the could have sold those off & invested in modern office accomodation surrounding the Stadium, bringing their services onto a single site.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Under 18 first team

Postby New Town Bairn » Friday 18th 2015f December 2015 07:11:42 PM

I was also advised that he said it was a white elephant and nearly fell down 2 weeks ago.

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Sunday 20th 2015f December 2015 12:20:28 PM

Scottish Local Elections May 2017. Get Falkirk SLab councillors tae fk!
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
Houston we have a problem - we need an East Terrace

First Team regular

Postby Bridge of Allan Bairn » Saturday 26th 2015f December 2015 07:43:26 PM

Sorry for still banging this drum and I promise its the last time I will mention it but the main stand needs more protection at the sides. Why wouldn't we do this? Would be relatively cheap to do. The wind was driving the rain in the sides and its harsh watching loads of pensioners and kids sitting in the wind and rain. The two stands behind the goals have more protection down the sides than the main stand does I don't get it. It wouldn't affect anyones view and would also, as well as offering better protection from the elements, create a better atmosphere.

I bought 3 prime seat tickets today 10 rows from the front of the main stand and was soaked (and yes I had waterproof weather appropriate clothing on!). We, like many other had to move further back. I appreciate you cant protect every seat but this would be a start and protect many more people. if we are going to play football in the winter then the last thing you want is to sit on a wet seat for 2 hours in the freezing cold.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Reserve first team

Postby legibroon » Tuesday 08th 2016f March 2016 11:01:31 PM

If we are back in the SPL we could probably near fill a 4th stand on 6 or 8 occassions a season bringing in 3000 x 20 x 8 pounds ....£480,000 (probably a bit less due to concessions etc) ....more than enough to finance and service any loan required...There is also the option of the Council getting their brainy heads on and contributing to a slightly smaller Stand than the main stand but with office accommodation included to house the Falkirk Municipal Offices ...or getting the College onboard to house a catering dept which could also service the snacks or restaurants etc on match days giving valuable training to their students....a little thinking out the box is all thats required ...a new stand could be seated to the rear with a smaller tier in front for terracing for those that feel a need to stand ...although tbh Id rather the South stand was converted to standing for home fans whilst the visiting fans all had to be seated in the new east Stand

First Team sub

Postby Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 09th 2016f March 2016 05:39:26 PM

"...the Council getting their brainy heads on..."

Seriously?
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

Under 21 International

Postby The Real Super Sam » Sunday 20th 2016f March 2016 02:37:31 PM

In checking the recent stoy about a Gateway develoment I found that the council are claiming all the develpment profit from the stadium site. I though they had a contract with the club that brought development profits to the club for anything that came from the ale or lease of the whole area where the stadium sits. It looks s though the council leaders have gone back on promises made by the previous administration.

International Regular

Postby grahamston » Thursday 24th 2016f March 2016 09:19:05 AM

I think we lost any rights under the de-merger. The Council had us over a barrel and did what you do to people bent over a barrel. They even constructed the barrel, what with the old FCSL Ltd.No point crying over spilt milk though. We're in a decent position.

I predict that one day, the club will own the stadium in its entirety, along with the environs. Ultimately, the council doesn't need a football stadium, certainly not under the current model. Once they see more benefit in getting rid of the asset than keeping it, there'll be some kind of deal and we'll acquire it. With the state of public finances as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of councillors wouldn't mind swapping the stadium for a couple of mil, maybe with a wee sweetheart deal to keep their offices there.
PLAY-OFF CHARGE!

Reserve superstar

Postby FFCSLAING10 » Thursday 24th 2016f March 2016 01:20:35 PM

There's talks regarding the Falkirk Tax Incremental Financing project which is focussing on developing the Gateway (next to fire station and across from helix park) and our stadium. The director of development services is quoted in the Herald as saying 'the principal focus of the framework is on The Falkirk Gateway and Stadium'

The article also mentions that the proposals for the stadium include building an East Stand and developing the four corners of the ground and adjacent land.
Better meddle wi' the devil, than the Bairns o' Falkirk

Under 18 superstar

Postby Bairnardo » Thursday 24th 2016f March 2016 02:02:55 PM

What about a pedestrian flyover for the stadium? Every time I walk down there I think what in Gods name is going on here with all these people including kids and OAPs trying to cross over this road on matchday

Disregard.... just read what the gateway entails.... still. Somethings needs done quicker than that.
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 08:52:56 AM

A train halt using the railway line behind the South Stand. A flyover or tunnel to cross the road and a completed Stadium with four corner pods extra training pitches and offices. Job done.

Under 18 superstar

Postby Bairnardo » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 09:00:28 AM

The terracing thing is something that should be getting pushed hard too. Will Scottish football never learn? (Silly question I know) How many new, purpose built all seaters are there in Scotland... half empty or more every week. Im not saying terracing would guarantee bigger crowds or anything, but surely give it a try?

They do say on of the true meanings of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Cometh the hour, cometh Bob McHugh.

Reserve superstar

Postby FFCSLAING10 » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 11:04:54 AM

Quidsin wrote:A train halt using the railway line behind the South Stand. A flyover or tunnel to cross the road and a completed Stadium with four corner pods extra training pitches and offices. Job done.

That's a great shout. Seem to recall a few years ago people were campaigning for a train route into gmouth from Falkirk. Since then the helix has been developed including the world famous Kelpies and with the football stadium bringing thousands to the area every 2nd week and this new development proposal, surely this would be justified

Reserve superstar

Postby FFCSLAING10 » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 11:09:14 AM

http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/busin ... -1-3047784

Turns out it wasn't actually all that long ago

Promising Young Manager

Postby Quidsin » Friday 25th 2016f March 2016 10:46:37 PM

FFCSLAING10 wrote:http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/business/business-news/call-for-new-grangemouth-railway-station-1-3047784

Turns out it wasn't actually all that long ago

I would've thought Grangemouth would have needed a train station way before Alloa, and dare I say, Camelon in the not too distant past. :rolleyes: Maybe FFC could get together with Grangemouth councillors, MP and MSP to start a campaign(?). It would bring enormous economic benefits to the town with the Helix, FFC and refinery employees all using the line. A no brainer. Come on Falkirk Council, join the dots! :clap:

PreviousNext

Return to Falkirk FC