Finishing the Stadium: the Council's role

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
Albus Dumbledore
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Re: Finishing the Stadium: the Council's role

Post by Albus Dumbledore » Sunday 22nd 2015f March 2015 10:24:05 PM

choagy wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:With regards to crowd funding, could a two tiered ST pricing structure work? One price for those who are willing to just pay their normal ST price and then another higher price (set by the person buying it) where the additional amount goes directly to financing the 4th stand/terrace, could even extend it to merchandising?

Could even sweeten it by saying every fan who contribute's an extra amount get their name inscribed on a brick in the new stand/terrace?
You mean like the "Cooperage Lane Covered Enclosure Fund" the board ran at Brockville :lol: :lol:

Choagy FFCUK The SPL :)
A little before my time I'm afraid

Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 22nd 2015f March 2015 11:05:14 PM

Albus Dumbledore wrote:With regards to crowd funding, could a two tiered ST pricing structure work? One price for those who are willing to just pay their normal ST price and then another higher price (set by the person buying it) where the additional amount goes directly to financing the 4th stand/terrace, could even extend it to merchandising?

Could even sweeten it by saying every fan who contribute's an extra amount get their name inscribed on a brick in the new stand/terrace?
I'd be up for this idea and would contribute. Would do exactly what it says on the tin and gives the Club and fans a common cause.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

FalkirktilIdie
Reserve sub
Reserve sub

Post by FalkirktilIdie » Tuesday 24th 2015f March 2015 09:50:49 AM

Quidsin wrote:

I'd be up for this idea and would contribute. Would do exactly what it says on the tin and gives the Club and fans a common cause.
Here here. You know what would happen with that mind you. We would win the league and be denied entry as we had terracing.
I wonder what has happened to all of the BairnsTrust shares...

lewfal
International Sub
International Sub

Post by lewfal » Thursday 16th 2015f April 2015 02:21:29 PM

Would a terraced stand be enough to entice fans back? Do we have any money to build anything?

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 16th 2015f April 2015 05:12:43 PM

The other farce which I forgot about which is as a result of the split format is that normally one team ends up with one less home game a season thus less revenue.

I wonder if Celtic have ever had this happen to them. I somehow doubt it and wouldn't be surprised if they have had benefited from an extra home fixture in seasons past.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Sunday 19th 2015f April 2015 07:11:25 PM

lewfal wrote:Would a terraced stand be enough to entice fans back? Do we have any money to build anything?
If it was a bit cheaper to get in, say £10 - £15 (and kids still free) it might entice me to 2 or 3 more home games a season.

...having said that I'd prefer it, by my kids like to sit.

Will the additional Cup Final/Run money be used for this potentially, or better spent on players? I guess by the time any stand is built the Rangers and Hibs of the world could well be out of this league, pity as with them and Hearts this season it really could have been well used.
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

BountyBairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by BountyBairn » Friday 15th 2015f May 2015 06:51:16 AM

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Tuesday 19th 2015f May 2015 11:01:00 AM

New 600k Car Park!
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Tuesday 19th 2015f May 2015 12:35:07 PM

I'd love to know how they come up with a figure of £600k.

Seems totally outrageous.

lewfal
International Sub
International Sub

Post by lewfal » Tuesday 19th 2015f May 2015 01:43:42 PM

i've maybe missed something here, but how does paying for this work? are the club paying for it?

Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 20th 2015f May 2015 05:41:38 PM

Are they making the car park any bigger?
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

pillpusher
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by pillpusher » Wednesday 20th 2015f May 2015 06:39:48 PM

lewfal wrote:i've maybe missed something here, but how does paying for this work? are the club paying for it?
Looks like its the Council, something to do with parking for the Helix site.According to the article in the FH.Monoblocked car parking space with spaces for buses.
HAGI! HAGI! HAGI! HAGI!

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Wednesday 20th 2015f May 2015 06:44:36 PM

pillpusher wrote:
lewfal wrote:i've maybe missed something here, but how does paying for this work? are the club paying for it?
Looks like its the Council, something to do with parking for the Helix site.According to the article in the FH.Monoblocked car parking space with spaces for buses.
Seeing as they're charging at the Helix, will P&D machines be installed too?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Helensbairn
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Helensbairn » Wednesday 20th 2015f May 2015 09:57:21 PM

Visited a couple of weeks ago, and parking at tha Helix car park and at the Stadium was free. The only charge was for the parking at the Kelpies at a flat rate of £2.

Bridge of Allan Bairn
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by Bridge of Allan Bairn » Thursday 16th 2015f July 2015 04:18:34 PM

Looking at that Curry Club news article picture with Will Vaulks in it, can we at least get navy tarpaulins all the same colour to cover the seats this season - looks terrible all these different coloured sheets on whats otherwise a cracking looking and new stadium...
"We knew other teams didn't like coming to Brockville...they said it was a dump...tight pitch...poor surface...we used that to our advantage...the team spirit was outstanding" J Hughes 2003

Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 16th 2015f July 2015 08:07:01 PM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:Looking at that Curry Club news article picture with Will Vaulks in it, can we at least get navy tarpaulins all the same colour to cover the seats this season - looks terrible all these different coloured sheets on whats otherwise a cracking looking and new stadium...
That'll be right! This BOD won't spend a bean! Not even half a bean! No East Terrace, no players and absolutely no tarpaulin!!!
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Friday 17th 2015f July 2015 11:08:08 AM

Bridge of Allan Bairn wrote:Looking at that Curry Club news article picture with Will Vaulks in it, can we at least get navy tarpaulins all the same colour to cover the seats this season - looks terrible all these different coloured sheets on whats otherwise a cracking looking and new stadium...
Absolutely quality trolling mate - imagine if someone actually did complain about the tarp. Brilliant!
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

exbogboy
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by exbogboy » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 10:05:55 PM

I have a South Stand Parking Permit and am a Senior Citizen but they half wit yellow jackets would not let me park today instead insisted on me driving round to the far side of the North Stand and park there and walk back round to the South Stand. You can't even get round the back as it is so overgrown. Falkirk BOD sort this for the East Fife game or their will be hell to pay.

bulletfaefalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by bulletfaefalkirk » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 10:13:16 PM

exbogboy wrote:I have a South Stand Parking Permit and am a Senior Citizen but they half wit yellow jackets would not let me park today instead insisted on me driving round to the far side of the North Stand and park there and walk back round to the South Stand. You can't even get round the back as it is so overgrown. Falkirk BOD sort this for the East Fife game or their will be hell to pay.

The club posted on website that it was 1st come 1st served with car parking today as the permits dont count for anything for friendly matches in pre-season. Have you considered that the spaces were all taken

exbogboy
Under 18 first team
Under 18 first team

Post by exbogboy » Saturday 18th 2015f July 2015 10:22:56 PM

I am not bloody stupid but when I walked round their were three empty spaces and I was there 10 minutes before kick off. Thats what was so bloody annoying!!!!!. Thats discounting the 10 empty disabled spaces that have been created since last season.