u20's v Motherwell

Falkirk FC - club news, events, players, signings, games, stadium etc
John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

u20's v Motherwell

Post by John Markie » Tuesday 10th 2017f October 2017 10:53:58 PM

Brutal performance on a miserable night. On what must have been Paul Hartleys first viewing of the development squad, they put in as dreadful performance as I have seen so far this season. Its hard to pick anyone's performance as being anything other than abject and that includes the keeper making a great penalty save in the first half, only to play a suicidal free kick to an unprepared Henderson inside his own box gifting Motherwell the only goal. That Henderson effectively stopped the ball for the forward to run onto could easily be blamed on him, but it looked like he was caught totally by surprise that the keeper would be daft enough to play such a stupid ball in the first place. This came in a second half where we were just about getting a foothold into the game, after having been under the cosh for well over 70 minutes. Motherwell totally dominated the game and should have gone ahead from the penalty spot after about 10mins, only for Mutch to make an excellent save, we then had long periods of sustained Motherwell pressure with us unable to offer any threat until well into the second half. We had a ball cleared off the line by Gallacher in the second half and it only looked a matter of time before Motherwell would eventually score. But the deciding factor of the game came at the other end, where Shepherd was first to a bouncing ball, headed over the onrushing keeper only to get wiped out, before a defender cleared off the line. As clear cut a penalty as you will ever see - obviously not given by a referee plumbing new depths of uselessness, even for a female Scottish official. Shep had to leave the field, and with him went any real threat, although we did thereafter have a few half chances that we totally wasted. This was the worst performance by the development squad to date, with really no-one shining and only a few getting pass marks.

I'm not going to embarrass those playing with ratings, as the best would be a 5/10. Suffice to say best for us were Gasparotto, Henderson, Peggie Langton and Shepherd. The others were embarrassing.

Team (4-4-2)
Mutch

Finlayson
Gasparotto
Henderson
Gallacher

Langton
Blues
Peggie
Stowe

Shepherd
Girdwood

subs used Munro, Jarvis and McBride.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Re: u20's v Motherwell

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Wednesday 11th 2017f October 2017 09:49:33 AM

I thought the defence did okay in the main that ludicrous howler apart. Motherwell had lots of possession but created very little too and the game looked destined for a nil nil bore draw until Mutch and Hendersons feck up. Langton was possibly the best of a pretty bad bunch. All in all a game that wont live more than two mins in the memory.

ellonbairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Re: u20's v Motherwell

Post by ellonbairn » Wednesday 11th 2017f October 2017 01:13:56 PM

Brian Scrimegour wrote:
Wednesday 11th 2017f October 2017 09:49:33 AM
I thought the defence did okay in the main that ludicrous howler apart. Motherwell had lots of possession but created very little too and the game looked destined for a nil nil bore draw until Mutch and Hendersons feck up. Langton was possibly the best of a pretty bad bunch. All in all a game that wont live more than two mins in the memory.
But it lived for more than 12 hours in your memory! :lol: