Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Football Links - Official club links, unofficial websites etc. If you have a football site tell us about it in here
welshbairn
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 3191
Joined: Monday 29th 2009f June 2009 11:24:09 AM

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by welshbairn » Thursday 04th 2010f March 2010 07:06:38 PM

Great looking site. Did you code it from scratch, or did you use web design software/ templates etc? If so I'd be grateful if you'd let me know what you used....

User avatar
The Choir Starter
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2474
Joined: Saturday 13th 2005f August 2005 09:35:07 AM
Location: Camden Town

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by The Choir Starter » Thursday 04th 2010f March 2010 08:05:10 PM

welshbairn wrote:Great looking site. Did you code it from scratch, or did you use web design software/ templates etc? If so I'd be grateful if you'd let me know what you used....
It's wordpress. If I could code it would be miles slicker than that. I used some template. I had a much better one lined up and it wouldn't work. Hey-ho it's functional and does the job.

If you need a little help then just pm me.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by geeo41 » Thursday 04th 2010f March 2010 08:07:28 PM

The Choir Starter wrote:
geeo41 wrote:
Thundermonkey wrote:The banter was as bad on both sites to be honest. The kind of crap that puts the brakes on most things FFC related.

Time to let it go Geeo :P
One is history, the other is still going, despite premature death knells sounding from the now deceased.
TBS forum = failure, nothing to let go.
That's the way it goes. I've reinvented it so we'll see what happens. It takes a lot of time to do things properly with a website and I rushed the last one and never really had control of the moderation. I'll be more hands on with this effort.
Lets hope so, dont let it be ruined by your tosser associates and you will be fine.

Burgess
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 3448
Joined: Friday 17th 2009f April 2009 03:08:20 PM

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by Burgess » Thursday 04th 2010f March 2010 10:37:02 PM

pot, kettle, black

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by geeo41 » Friday 05th 2010f March 2010 08:29:35 PM

Burgess wrote:pot, kettle, black
How that then ?

User avatar
The Choir Starter
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2474
Joined: Saturday 13th 2005f August 2005 09:35:07 AM
Location: Camden Town

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by The Choir Starter » Sunday 04th 2010f April 2010 07:54:16 PM

A number of new blogs have been added!

http://www.thebrockvillespirit.com/index/

rebairn
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 985
Joined: Wednesday 15th 2009f April 2009 10:22:41 AM
Location: T-Hill expat

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by rebairn » Monday 05th 2010f April 2010 10:27:35 PM

The Choir Starter wrote:A number of new blogs have been added!

http://www.thebrockvillespirit.com/index/
just flicked through and read a bit of the may 2010 article is it your intention to rewrite the script about ryan or do you still believe he is sh*te
we are falkirk

User avatar
The Choir Starter
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2474
Joined: Saturday 13th 2005f August 2005 09:35:07 AM
Location: Camden Town

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by The Choir Starter » Tuesday 13th 2010f April 2010 12:05:30 PM

rebairn wrote:
The Choir Starter wrote:A number of new blogs have been added!

http://www.thebrockvillespirit.com/index/
just flicked through and read a bit of the may 2010 article is it your intention to rewrite the script about ryan or do you still believe he is sh*te
Sorry just seen this.

I think in fairness when that article was written Ryan's performances were nowhere near where they were at the start of the season and they certainly didn't match the hype surrounding him when he arrived. I have never said he was rubbish. Just not performing to a level he could be. This could be down to a number of factors. I think you'll agree that he has been inconsistent throughout the season.

However he has been utterly sensational since that fanzine came out. I for one am absoultely f****** delighted with that. No point changing it or rewriting it, which I could have done. It was printed in the fanzine in that form a month before hand.

That's the thing about football you can't forsee the future. Christ we backed May to the hilt in the issue before hand and made a disco pants banner!! :shock:

User avatar
stainrod_is_god
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 516
Joined: Wednesday 22nd 2006f March 2006 10:41:28 PM
Location: Falkirk

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by stainrod_is_god » Tuesday 13th 2010f April 2010 12:49:42 PM

The Choir Starter wrote:
rebairn wrote:
The Choir Starter wrote:A number of new blogs have been added!

http://www.thebrockvillespirit.com/index/
just flicked through and read a bit of the may 2010 article is it your intention to rewrite the script about ryan or do you still believe he is sh*te
Sorry just seen this.

I think in fairness when that article was written Ryan's performances were nowhere near where they were at the start of the season and they certainly didn't match the hype surrounding him when he arrived. I have never said he was rubbish. Just not performing to a level he could be. This could be down to a number of factors. I think you'll agree that he has been inconsistent throughout the season.

However he has been utterly sensational since that fanzine came out. I for one am absoultely f****** delighted with that. No point changing it or rewriting it, which I could have done. It was printed in the fanzine in that form a month before hand.

That's the thing about football you can't forsee the future. Christ we backed May to the hilt in the issue before hand and made a disco pants banner!! :shock:
In that case can you make one up saying we're doomed to relegation, going by recent trends it could keep us up!! :D
Better to die a million deaths than to die a dirty, smelly fifer ba****d

User avatar
The Choir Starter
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2474
Joined: Saturday 13th 2005f August 2005 09:35:07 AM
Location: Camden Town

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by The Choir Starter » Tuesday 13th 2010f April 2010 01:15:29 PM

I've got an article sitting here claiming it's more fun in division 1... Will be in the next one. :?

User avatar
stainrod_is_god
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 516
Joined: Wednesday 22nd 2006f March 2006 10:41:28 PM
Location: Falkirk

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by stainrod_is_god » Tuesday 13th 2010f April 2010 01:21:25 PM

The Choir Starter wrote:I've got an article sitting here claiming it's more fun in division 1... Will be in the next one. :?
Perfect, definately buying my £200 season ticket then!!
Better to die a million deaths than to die a dirty, smelly fifer ba****d

User avatar
The Choir Starter
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2474
Joined: Saturday 13th 2005f August 2005 09:35:07 AM
Location: Camden Town

Re: Brockville Spirit Website Relaunch

Post by The Choir Starter » Wednesday 18th 2010f August 2010 12:58:25 PM

I finally got round to updating the site... www.thebrockvillespirit.com loads of new articles including an interview with Sam McGivern.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest