Where have you been watching the bairns?

Football Links - Official club links, unofficial websites etc. If you have a football site tell us about it in here
Well New

Re: Where have you been watching the bairns?

Postby WeWillFollow3 » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 10:19:34 PM

DEL wrote:
WeWillFollow3 wrote:Just came on to plug my website www.WeWillFollow.co.uk for supporters to tick off the stadiums they've been to. Not many Bairns on so far but over 4000 members.

I have an affinity with Falkirk and alsways look out for your results as my ex-brother in law used to play for the bairns alongside Yogi in the 90's, I had many good trips to Brockville and remember being highly amused by the Eddie May song as a spotty teenager!!! I've not been to the new ground yet but hopefully soon.

C'mon then, name drop. Who was your ex-brother in law??? :D

Sorry to keep you waiting...Scott Sloan of former Falkirk, Berwick Rangers an Newcastle United Fame!

First Team superstar

Postby Travis Bickle » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 11:16:09 PM

Holy Smokes wrote:Maybe someone can help on a game I'm trying to remeber more. It was definately a midweek game and I'm almost certain it was at Stranraer. I think it was the league cup as it went to penalties and I think we won?!! My two main memories were midgies, and giving Davie Sinclair abuse and him giving the fingers back when he netted his penalty!!

Here to help :D

Challenge Cup
Stair Park, Stranraer Tuesday 10th August 1999
Stranraer 2 Falkirk 2 (AET) Falkirk lost 4-5 on penalties Scorers : Colin McDonald (52), Andy Lawrie (88).

Team : Hogarth,Rennie, McQuilken,Lawrie, Sinclair, Mckenzie, McStay, McDonald, Crabbe, Hutchison, Hagen.Subs O’Hara, Waddell,Deuchar Att 362

:D
Zigger Zagger, Zigger Zagger...Fawkurk, Fawkurk, Fawkurk !

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Sunday 03rd 2009f January 2010 09:33:52 PM

Travis Bickle wrote:Here to help :D

In that case, do you have a list of the pre-season friendlies we've played in the last 25 years or so? Or have they been printed in any issues of the programmes?

Serious question.

I've been going to away games since 1983, and I think I've been to most of the pre-season matches. I'm probably in the minority in that I actually enjoy them. For one thing, you get to visit different grounds - such as Lossiemouth and Elgin mentioned in this thread - not to mention the various Sportparks that we've played at in Holland. You also get to see youths who rarely feature in the league games.

I've got a list that I've been keeping since 2004, but before then the only records I have are from hillwalking logs, which generally cover only games in the Highlands.

I'd be interested to see a full list.

If not, I might spend some time at the library researching past summer editions of the Falkirk Herald. I'm sure a trawl through those would be helpful though it would take ages to do. The library used to keep all the old editions on microfiche. Does anyone know if they still do this, though it'll probably computerised now?

First Team superstar

Postby Travis Bickle » Monday 04th 2010f January 2010 02:06:42 AM

Bainsfordbairn wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:Here to help :D

In that case, do you have a list of the pre-season friendlies we've played in the last 25 years or so? Or have they been printed in any issues of the programmes?

Serious question.

I've been going to away games since 1983, and I think I've been to most of the pre-season matches. I'm probably in the minority in that I actually enjoy them. For one thing, you get to visit different grounds - such as Lossiemouth and Elgin mentioned in this thread - not to mention the various Sportparks that we've played at in Holland. You also get to see youths who rarely feature in the league games.

I've got a list that I've been keeping since 2004, but before then the only records I have are from hillwalking logs, which generally cover only games in the Highlands.

I'd be interested to see a full list.

If not, I might spend some time at the library researching past summer editions of the Falkirk Herald. I'm sure a trawl through those would be helpful though it would take ages to do. The library used to keep all the old editions on microfiche. Does anyone know if they still do this, though it'll probably computerised now?

PM me

:wink:

First Team superstar

Postby Travis Bickle » Monday 04th 2010f January 2010 02:40:00 AM

Jim Holmes wrote:I remember being @ a friendly in Elgin around 2001. Finished 1-1 IIRC.

erm 2000..we won 3-2

:wink:

International Sub

Postby dennybairn » Monday 04th 2010f January 2010 10:38:41 AM

Travis Bickle wrote:
Holy Smokes wrote:Maybe someone can help on a game I'm trying to remeber more. It was definately a midweek game and I'm almost certain it was at Stranraer. I think it was the league cup as it went to penalties and I think we won?!! My two main memories were midgies, and giving Davie Sinclair abuse and him giving the fingers back when he netted his penalty!!

Challenge Cup
Stranraer 2 Falkirk 2 (AET) Falkirk lost 4-5 on penalties Scorers : Colin McDonald (52), Andy Lawrie (88).

Team : Hogarth,Rennie, McQuilken,Lawrie, Sinclair, Mckenzie, McStay, McDonald, Crabbe, Hutchison, Hagen.Subs O’Hara, Waddell,Deuchar Att 362

I remember that game, what a depressing drive home it was after it :(
Let's hear it for the lovely ladies.

First Team superstar

Postby Travis Bickle » Monday 04th 2010f January 2010 11:47:20 AM

dennybairn wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

Challenge Cup

I remember that game, what a depressing drive home it was after it :(

Going back to Denny would depress anybody

Only kidding !

:lol:

International Sub

Postby dennybairn » Tuesday 05th 2010f January 2010 11:36:43 AM

Travis Bickle wrote:Going back to Denny would depress anybody

Only kidding !

Less of the cheek you.

:P
Let's hear it for the lovely ladies.

Reserve first team

Postby The Blue Nail » Thursday 09th 2010f September 2010 12:46:53 PM

dennybairn wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:Going back to Denny would depress anybody

Only kidding !

Less of the cheek you.

:P

Dunipace is much more refined. :o

Promising Young Manager

Postby OffshoreBairn » Thursday 09th 2010f September 2010 03:34:12 PM

alba bairn wrote:I went to Brockville once.....

Falkirk 6 Celtic 2. :)

Don't forget your 1 away match, a windy rainy affair Mid-week, against Albion Rovers, I'm led to believe :wink:

Previous

Return to Football Links