Where have you been watching the bairns?

Football Links - Official club links, unofficial websites etc. If you have a football site tell us about it in here
Well New

Where have you been watching the bairns?

Postby WeWillFollow3 » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 12:19:34 PM

Just came on to plug my website www.WeWillFollow.co.uk for supporters to tick off the stadiums they've been to. Not many Bairns on so far but over 4000 members.

I have an affinity with Falkirk and alsways look out for your results as my ex-brother in law used to play for the bairns alongside Yogi in the 90's, I had many good trips to Brockville and remember being highly amused by the Eddie May song as a spotty teenager!!! I've not been to the new ground yet but hopefully soon.

International Regular

Re: Where have you been watching the bairns?

Postby DEL » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 01:04:04 PM

WeWillFollow3 wrote:Just came on to plug my website www.WeWillFollow.co.uk for supporters to tick off the stadiums they've been to. Not many Bairns on so far but over 4000 members.

I have an affinity with Falkirk and alsways look out for your results as my ex-brother in law used to play for the bairns alongside Yogi in the 90's, I had many good trips to Brockville and remember being highly amused by the Eddie May song as a spotty teenager!!! I've not been to the new ground yet but hopefully soon.

C'mon then, name drop. Who was your ex-brother in law??? :D
Come on ye Bairns!

First Team sub

Postby baldy bairn 18 » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 01:38:39 PM

DEL wrote:C'mon then, name drop. Who was your ex-brother in law???

think it might be scally thats why he never said ,would you tell anyone if he was your Brother in-law.

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 01:40:46 PM

Have seen Falkirk playing in every league ground in Scotland apart from Annan.

International Sub

Postby falkirk daft » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 02:59:01 PM

Bainsfordbairn wrote:Have seen Falkirk playing in every league ground in Scotland apart from Annan.

I'm Annan and Elgin, although i visited both in the 42 in 30 rally if that counts?
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 03:19:52 PM

falkirk daft wrote:
Bainsfordbairn wrote:Have seen Falkirk playing in every league ground in Scotland apart from Annan.

I'm Annan and Elgin, although i visited both in the 42 in 30 rally if that counts?

Probably not. :wink:

We played Elgin in a pre-season friendly in '96 and won 3-0. I think there were three Falkirk fans in the ground; myself and two guys from the Colonial Bar.

International Sub

Postby falkirk daft » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 03:26:25 PM

Bainsfordbairn wrote:
falkirk daft wrote:

We played Elgin in a pre-season friendly in '96 and won 3-0. I think there were three Falkirk fans in the ground; myself and two guys from the Colonial Bar.

I applaud theeee
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

Reserve superstar

Postby Kircer bairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 07:52:39 PM

We played Elgin in a pre-season friendly in '96 and won 3-0. I think there were three Falkirk fans in the ground; myself and two guys from the Colonial Bar.[/quote]

I applaud theeee[/quote]

Me there too with the missus. If I recall right it was actually the season 97/98 and we played Lossiemouth on Friday night and Elgin on Saturday.

International Sub

Postby Back Post Misses » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 08:32:13 PM

When have we played either Dumbarton or East Fife since they moved?
Give to Big Gordy if you can

Reserve first team

Postby Holy Smokes » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 09:33:12 PM

East fife was a Saturday pre season friendly. Pretty grim watching football with the backdrop a disused power station! And they say our place is bad!!

The same pre season we had Dumbarton away in the Stirlingshire cup. Best part of the game was ripping into shakehands tom the self proclaimed most famous ball boy!!

First Team regular

Postby Death Warmed Up » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 09:38:03 PM

Kircer bairn wrote:We played Elgin in a pre-season friendly in '96 and won 3-0. I think there were three Falkirk fans in the ground; myself and two guys from the Colonial Bar.

I saw the bairns play Lossiemouth away in Summer 92.

I was at that Elgin game you mention too and we got a game on the park later that night. You just went out a door in the social club and you were in the stand!

I think I've been to all of the old grounds, Muirton, Broomfield, Bayview etc but I don't see many away games these days and still have to tick off Annan and East Fife and Dumbartons new ground.
Whaurs the top o ma lolly????????

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 09:39:47 PM

Holy Smokes wrote:East fife was a Saturday pre season friendly. Pretty grim watching football with the backdrop a disused power station! And they say our place is bad!!

The same pre season we had Dumbarton away in the Stirlingshire cup. Best part of the game was ripping into shakehands tom the self proclaimed most famous ball boy!!

Well done Holy Smokes. It was season 04/05, and we won both games. (2-0 and 2-1)

First Team regular

Postby Lioness » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 09:50:17 PM

Bainsfordbairn wrote:
falkirk daft wrote:

Your eyesight was pretty bad then - I was there too not only in the ground but at one stage in the referees room :D (that'll get the gossip going lol) Other half was with me and I am pretty sure at least 2 if not 4 others from the north end were there too
Last week I was apparently a died in the wool happy clapper, now I'm supposedly a perpetual doom and gloom merchant! You'd think I had multiple personality disorder but we don't agree with that

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 09:57:21 PM

Kircer bairn wrote:We played Elgin in a pre-season friendly in '96 and won 3-0. I think there were three Falkirk fans in the ground; myself and two guys from the Colonial Bar.

I applaud theeee[/quote]

Me there too with the missus. If I recall right it was actually the season 97/98 and we played Lossiemouth on Friday night and Elgin on Saturday.[/quote]

Sorry mate, but your memory is inaccurate.

Lossiemouth was played during the day so it was probably a Saturday. I remember talking to an old bearded guy and his wife (FFC fans) who I think later became directors of the club. Not sure of their names though.

Elgin was an evening game. I had the tent with me (hillwalking holiday) and didn't know where I would be spending the night. The two guys from the Colonial - I think one was called Bronco - offered me a spare bed in their hotel room, but I declined and eventually bivvied out in a forest at the foot of Ben Aigan.

It was definitely '96 because I remember writing a begging letter to the club asking for a ticket
to the cup final after they sold out. To prove that I was a genuine fan, I suggested they speak to Geordie Rutherford and ask if he remembered speaking to me in the bar at Elgin.

International Sub

Postby Bainsfordbairn » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 10:00:41 PM

Lioness wrote:Your eyesight was pretty bad then - I was there too not only in the ground but at one stage in the referees room :D (that'll get the gossip going lol) Other half was with me and I am pretty sure at least 2 if not 4 others from the north end were there too

Fair point. I'll amend that to say we were the only people on the terraces who were wearing FFC colours, or at least the only ones whom I could identify as Falkirk fans. There could well have been others.

Reserve first team

Postby Holy Smokes » Friday 01st 2009f January 2010 10:41:55 PM

I'm still miffed about missing the Elgin pre season game as I have family up that way, but missed it because I was on holiday!!

Needless to say I normally try to go on holiday as soon as the season ends!!!

Like a few others, Elgin and Annan are the only ones still to visit to watch Falkirk play.

Also brings back memories of the Peterhead game midweek which was quite possibly the longest journey I've taken to see Falkirk, and that includes Vaduz!!

Maybe someone can help on a game I'm trying to remeber more. It was definately a midweek game and I'm almost certain it was at Stranraer. I think it was the league cup as it went to penalties and I think we won?!! My two main memories were midgies, and giving Davie Sinclair abuse and him giving the fingers back when he netted his penalty!!

First Team superstar

Postby Jim Holmes » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 08:01:54 AM

Bainsfordbairn wrote:
falkirk daft wrote:

I remember being @ a friendly in Elgin around 2001. Finished 1-1 IIRC.
Looking for a low cost loan?

http://uk.zopa.com/member/andersonwlIt costs nowt to get a quote

International Sub

Postby Doctor Chist » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 10:31:12 AM

Death Warmed Up wrote:

I saw the bairns play Lossiemouth away in Summer 92.

I was at that Elgin game you mention too and we got a game on the park later that night. You just went out a door in the social club and you were in the stand!

I think I've been to all of the old grounds, Muirton, Broomfield, Bayview etc but I don't see many away games these days and still have to tick off Annan and East Fife and Dumbartons new ground.

I thought that we played Elgin in 2000?
Jak dlugo na Wawelu

Reserve first team

Postby Shaun_W_Ryder » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 12:20:18 PM

Annan, Elgin and Peterhead are the only clubs ive not been to in Scotland
''Son im thirty, i only went with your mother cause she dirty''

International Manager

Postby alba bairn » Saturday 02nd 2009f January 2010 12:25:02 PM

I went to Brockville once.....

Falkirk 6 Celtic 2. :)
I feel like an old railroad man
Walkin down some old railroad tracks
It may take a little longer
But I know I'll find my way back

Next

Return to Football Links