Craig Sibbalds Future

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
rusty_nail
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Craig Sibbalds Future

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 10th 2017f January 2017 04:54:11 PM

Craig Sibbald being liked with Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, (new) Rangers and Nottingham Forest.

Flash
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Re: Craig Sibbalds Future

Post by Flash » Tuesday 10th 2017f January 2017 09:51:40 PM

rusty_nail wrote:Craig Sibbald being liked with Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, (new) Rangers and Nottingham Forest.
Do you actually believe this ?
must be april the first or something

rusty_nail
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by rusty_nail » Tuesday 10th 2017f January 2017 11:43:33 PM

Not particularly, hence why I put it in this forum :wink:

I could see him at Hearts as I get the impression he's the type of player their new manager likes. My money would be on lower end of the SPL/English League One perhaps.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 12:12:03 AM

Feel like Sibbald needs a move to kick on but then again I think he's just too slow and lightweight to really make an impact elsewhere and if he goes to any one of these teams and fails to impress in a few games then he's liable to be on the bench a lot.

Easy to forget that he's still only 21. Big choice for him but if he truly wants to move up a level then surely his best option would be to stay here where he gets regular game time and try to get more consistency in his game. Maybe better players will help bring out his best but like I said he'd really need to hit the ground running or else he'll be another Alan Gow.

John Markie
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John Markie » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 12:39:25 AM

Any chance of a move down south should be grabbed. Better quality down there and I certainly rate him higher than Fulton or Biabbi who somehow managed a Swansea move.
A.P.K.A. - alba bairn. I don't know why they "suspended" my previous account? Ask them.....

Flash
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar

Post by Flash » Wednesday 11th 2017f January 2017 02:48:05 PM

rusty_nail wrote:

I could see him at Hearts as I get the impression he's the type of player their new manager likes. My money would be on lower end of the SPL/English League One perhaps.
wasn't trying to be cheeky or smart, just cannot believe any of these clubs would have him.
maybe as you say lower league 1 in England,

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 12th 2017f January 2017 02:59:31 PM

Flash wrote:
rusty_nail wrote:

wasn't trying to be cheeky or smart, just cannot believe any of these clubs would have him.
maybe as you say lower league 1 in England,
I'd be surprised if they were interested as well. There must've been loads of scouts watched him over the years and there has never appeared to be any solid interest unlike McGrandles, Vaulks, Kingsley, Biabi, Fulton, Blair and Gallagher. If he had a bit of pace then sure he would've been away ages ago. I really like him as a player but he does have a lot of hard work to do if he wants to make it at a decent level. Good skills will win you plaudits but he needs to add more to his game.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Thursday 12th 2017f January 2017 04:10:35 PM

Unless you really excite a scout or manager - You must satisfy certain criteria to get a move to a big club as a youngster; Height, Speed etc...

Sibbald will never get a big move as promising youngster, to get a move he'll need to produce results and great stats on the pitch, goals, most assists, touches in the box, km's run in a game.
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Dade » Thursday 12th 2017f January 2017 04:20:01 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:Unless you really excite a scout or manager - You must satisfy certain criteria to get a move to a big club as a youngster; Height, Speed etc...

Sibbald will never get a big move as promising youngster, to get a move he'll need to produce results and great stats on the pitch, goals, most assists, touches in the box, km's run in a game.
I really think his lack of real athleticism has been the biggest factor in him not getting a move but also the things he does well he doesn't do consistently enough. I think a good person to model himself on would be Alan Gow when he was at us. He wasn't the quickest but made up for that with good strength to hold off anyone he got past and made more of an effect in the final third than Sibbald.

That's not to be harsh on Sibbald as he is still young and has done well for us up till now but again if he wants to play at a higher level then he does need to improve.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Saturday 14th 2017f January 2017 08:18:51 PM

His future is with us, or further down the league.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 22nd 2017f January 2017 01:36:59 AM

He should henceforth be called Dell-Boy.
As the way he trots about the place is doing my tits in.
All the skill.in the world, but zero change of pace.
He is going nowhere.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

kennyboy
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by kennyboy » Saturday 25th 2017f February 2017 10:01:01 PM

Never make it in the top three divisions. More money. Possibly. But job satisfaction not. He will get murdered in England he is not physical and that is what you need in the English top three.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 26th 2017f February 2017 12:52:28 AM

Slower than Christian Nade, FACT!