Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Beaver The Bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 432
Joined: Monday 10th 2004f May 2004 09:04:19 PM

Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Beaver The Bairn » Sunday 26th 2015f July 2015 10:51:26 PM

Heard this tonight. Hopefully not true :(

User avatar
wearethenavyblue
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar
Posts: 105
Joined: Saturday 11th 2012f February 2012 03:27:30 PM

Vaulks

Post by wearethenavyblue » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 12:33:30 AM

Hibs apparently signing a Falkirk midfielder on Monday. Seemingly is Vaulks, as a replacement for Allan, which doesn't make much sense as they are two completely different types of player. Some deluded Hibees thinking its Sibbald, however very much doubt that. All down to Twitter rumours so could be a load of b*llocks. However Vaulks leaving would be a boot in the sack and seeing as we don't need to sell don't know why it would be true
We are Falkirk

Itootouchbairns
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 211
Joined: Friday 13th 2014f June 2014 10:28:52 PM

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Itootouchbairns » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 01:26:58 AM

Also heard this, vaulks is a quality player and we shouldn't accept anything under 500,000.

They're also trying to get Stephen Kingsley on loan from swansea apparently

moanthebairns
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 863
Joined: Monday 17th 2005f October 2005 09:42:21 AM

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by moanthebairns » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 07:59:05 AM

If true, a cracking bit of business seeing as we got him for nothing, and played him for 5 or 6 games for free.

User avatar
Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 15856
Joined: Thursday 05th 2004f August 2004 12:42:08 PM

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Sir Jones » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 09:30:50 AM

The Hibees have been making delusional claims all pre season but if this did end up happening I'd be furious. i already have a serious case of can't be arsed for this season, this really wouldn't help matters.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

User avatar
Ranaldo Bairn
International Regular
International Regular
Posts: 5131
Joined: Tuesday 20th 2004f January 2004 08:17:26 PM
Location: Nova Prospekt.

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Ranaldo Bairn » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 10:50:23 AM

moanthebairns wrote:If true, a cracking bit of business seeing as we got him for nothing, and played him for 5 or 6 games for free.
Irrelevant.

He's one of our best players, and worth a whole lot more than that.

Besides, I will actually cry if he goes to that players' graveyard over there.
"You, who have destroyed so much - can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist."

User avatar
Brokeville
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 407
Joined: Saturday 31st 2004f July 2004 10:57:34 AM

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Brokeville » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 11:50:09 AM

Itootouchbairns wrote:Also heard this, vaulks is a quality player and we shouldn't accept anything under 500,000.

They're also trying to get Stephen Kingsley on loan from swansea apparently
I think you'll find that Kingsley is part of the first team squad for Swansea this season. He's played a part in most of their pre season so far.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 283
Joined: Friday 13th 2013f December 2013 11:19:41 PM

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 12:43:04 PM

Brokeville wrote:
Itootouchbairns wrote:Also heard this, vaulks is a quality player and we shouldn't accept anything under 500,000.

They're also trying to get Stephen Kingsley on loan from swansea apparently
I think you'll find that Kingsley is part of the first team squad for Swansea this season. He's played a part in most of their pre season so far.

Yeah he has been part of pre season squad in friendlies in both Germany and last Friday v Reading and interestingly at left CB not left back

I personally think he will go out on loan when transfer window closes to an English Championship or Division one club..................not going to come back to Scotland any time soon and particularly to the Championship division

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 283
Joined: Friday 13th 2013f December 2013 11:19:41 PM

Re: Vaulks

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 01:10:04 PM

Personally speaking I like Will and feel he has been a true ambassador for the club and if he has the chance to treble his wages by joining Hibs then so be it......................he is probably ambitious and sees them as a bigger stepping stone to where the real money is in England.

Playing wise I think he still has a lot to learn in terms of the defensive midfield position he is being mentored into but there is definitely a player there allied with a winning mentality and a professional work ethic so for me if he moves then it is with best wishes for his future as he owes us nothing.

User avatar
ToonBairn
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4045
Joined: Wednesday 14th 2004f January 2004 08:24:01 AM

Re: Vaulks

Post by ToonBairn » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 02:51:25 PM

Where did this rumour come from? Or is it just Hibee fans at it

Similar to Allan going to Rangers, if we sold Vaulks or Sibbald to Hibs then I am sure there would be a major backlash from the fans. I accept both will move on at some stage but they will deserve better than they Leith rats

User avatar
Bejazz1
Under 18 superstar
Under 18 superstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Thursday 14th 2014f August 2014 10:23:16 PM

Re: Vaulks

Post by Bejazz1 » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 08:15:36 PM

ToonBairn wrote:Where did this rumour come from? Or is it just Hibee fans at it

Similar to Allan going to Rangers, if we sold Vaulks or Sibbald to Hibs then I am sure there would be a major backlash from the fans. I accept both will move on at some stage but they will deserve better than they Leith rats
Backlash? Aye right. Our club are not moving forward under our new Chairman as promised. We lost McGrandles last year just prior to the season kick off. What's the chance of this happening again this year?

Sibbald, Vaulks whoever... The club have sold their season tickets now, no one will care and it's more money in the bank!
YOU ONLY GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN!

User avatar
Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7990
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Quidsin » Monday 27th 2015f July 2015 10:40:30 PM

I would miss Will if he goes. A true pro who came to us and played for free in exchange for digs. He earned a contract and fully deserved, then extended it. He's versatile, plays in midfield or defence, has a powerful shot, long throw specialist and likes his diagonal cross field balls. If he goes he will be missed, no doubt about that. Hibs somehow finding £200K is even more bewildering! Sounds like Hibees plan to spend their way to promotion, but it might not even be enough to guarantee it. I'd say £350-400k would be closer to my estimation of Will.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Vaulks

Post by geeo41 » Wednesday 29th 2015f July 2015 12:17:55 AM

JaxinFalkirk wrote:Personally speaking I like Will and feel he has been a true ambassador for the club and if he has the chance to treble his wages by joining Hibs then so be it......................he is probably ambitious and sees them as a bigger stepping stone to where the real money is in England.

Playing wise I think he still has a lot to learn in terms of the defensive midfield position he is being mentored into but there is definitely a player there allied with a winning mentality and a professional work ethic so for me if he moves then it is with best wishes for his future as he owes us nothing.
I would suggest there is more chance of a move to England playing for Falkirk these days.

JaxinFalkirk
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 283
Joined: Friday 13th 2013f December 2013 11:19:41 PM

Re: Vaulks

Post by JaxinFalkirk » Wednesday 29th 2015f July 2015 06:51:51 AM

geeo41 wrote:
JaxinFalkirk wrote:Personally speaking I like Will and feel he has been a true ambassador for the club and if he has the chance to treble his wages by joining Hibs then so be it......................he is probably ambitious and sees them as a bigger stepping stone to where the real money is in England.

Playing wise I think he still has a lot to learn in terms of the defensive midfield position he is being mentored into but there is definitely a player there allied with a winning mentality and a professional work ethic so for me if he moves then it is with best wishes for his future as he owes us nothing.
I would suggest there is more chance of a move to England playing for Falkirk these days.

Or Wales.....! :clap:

User avatar
Bernard Shakey
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 784
Joined: Friday 10th 2009f July 2009 09:38:06 PM
Location: Morrisons Car Park

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Bernard Shakey » Wednesday 29th 2015f July 2015 12:26:52 PM

This rumour is utter bollox












...I hope
Awful things that can never be unseen:
Olive getting her paps oot in Holiday on the Buses
Thatcher on the steps of 10 Downing St 1979
Ross County 7, Falkirk 0

User avatar
Quidsin
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager
Posts: 7990
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Hibs bid 200k for Vaulks

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 30th 2015f July 2015 10:10:53 PM

Will to put three past the Shire and stick another £50k on his price tag.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest