Rumours of signings

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Re: Rumours of signings

Post by Olaf Thom » Friday 12th 2015f June 2015 02:10:00 PM

Now we know our manager could not be arsed taking advantage of the pre-contract market.

One really has to worry about this clown, We need strikers! We had a slight advantage over our rivals in knowing what league we'd be in for ages, we also knew for ages that our main striker was leaving. This was ideal time to jump ahead and bring a striker in early.

But no!
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Pete
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Pete » Friday 12th 2015f June 2015 06:36:34 PM

Tend to agree. We've known for months that he'll be away, and we've known for a while that we would benefit from a cash windfall due to the final. I would have then expected houstie to have a replacement lined up.

Bainsfordbairn
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Bainsfordbairn » Friday 12th 2015f June 2015 07:51:33 PM

Olaf Thom wrote:Now we know our manager could not be arsed taking advantage of the pre-contract market.

One really has to worry about this clown, We need strikers! We had a slight advantage over our rivals in knowing what league we'd be in for ages, we also knew for ages that our main striker was leaving. This was ideal time to jump ahead and bring a striker in early.

But no!
Don't agree. We had four players lined up who signed for us as soon as the January transfer window was open.

Based on that, it's reasonable to assume Houstie has been active.

I'm guessing here, but I would image he's being ambitious in his targets and so those players are holding off committing themselves until they see what else is out there.

He's not going for the kind of dross that would jump at the chance to sign for us because nobody else would look at them.

Nothing wrong with that, providing he has a plan b if they refuse, and then a plan c and a plan d. Time will tell.

craig1finnigan
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by craig1finnigan » Friday 12th 2015f June 2015 11:22:00 PM

If Houston doesn't get his Plan A players, we'll jump to his plan C/D as the plan B players have/will already have signed up for other clubs as we've waited to long on his first targets. This is just like last summer when the Falkirk Herald reported that he wanted to bring back Lyle Taylor yet Taylor chose Scunthorpe then we got Boulding. We then put all our eggs in Brian Graham's basket only to be rejected by him as well. Got to get it right and ASAP.

farfawksake
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by farfawksake » Sunday 14th 2015f June 2015 02:44:59 PM

craig1finnigan wrote:If Houston doesn't get his Plan A players, we'll jump to his plan C/D as the plan B players have/will already have signed up for other clubs as we've waited to long on his first targets. This is just like last summer when the Falkirk Herald reported that he wanted to bring back Lyle Taylor yet Taylor chose Scunthorpe then we got Boulding. We then put all our eggs in Brian Graham's basket only to be rejected by him as well. Got to get it right and ASAP.
Yep, need to be a bit more proactive in the market this time and have decent options, can't afford any more jersey fillers, granted not every signing works out but we have/had too many and are still stuck with a couple of them.

Olaf Thom
International Sub
International Sub

Post by Olaf Thom » Monday 15th 2015f June 2015 01:37:06 PM

Plan A - Wait on Hearts, Hibs or Dundee Utd to release players from their contract
Plan B - Ask a friend in the game for a recommendation
Plan C - Look at DVDs sent by agents.
Plan D - Inquire about Brian Graham
Plan E - Sign anyone in a blind panic and bemoan the clubs scouting policy
I'm a bad man who doesn't waste time wondering what could've been when I am what could've been and what could not have been. I live on both sides of the fence. My grass is always green.

Brian Bairn
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by Brian Bairn » Wednesday 17th 2015f June 2015 10:28:38 PM

Heard from a fairly reliable source that we have three new signings waiting for us to come back from holiday. No announcement has been made as Houston is still on his holidays. Think the cynics will be fairly pleased with the announcements
It's not the taking part that matters it's the winning that counts

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 12:16:18 AM

Brian Bairn wrote:Heard from a fairly reliable source that we have three new signings waiting for us to come back from holiday. No announcement has been made as Houston is still on his holidays. Think the cynics will be fairly pleased with the announcements
Three's a good start. Preferably a goalie, a striker and a defender. Ideally, we need another 1 striker, 1 midfielder, and 1 defender to make it a decent squad. So six new signings in total and providing we don't lose anyone else.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

farfawksake
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by farfawksake » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 10:13:06 AM

Brian Bairn wrote:Heard from a fairly reliable source that we have three new signings waiting for us to come back from holiday. No announcement has been made as Houston is still on his holidays. Think the cynics will be fairly pleased with the announcements
Like who?

yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular

Post by yogisbairns » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 10:18:52 AM

Heard from a source who's source is pretty reliable that Vaulks is off to Glasgow's newest club. :(
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

Mulson
First Team sub
First Team sub

Post by Mulson » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 10:37:13 AM

yogisbairns wrote:Heard from a source who's source is pretty reliable that Vaulks is off to Glasgow's newest club. :(
Please god....... let that not be true.

grumpyoldman
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by grumpyoldman » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 10:42:46 AM

Vaulks just bought a house in the Callander rise. I was talking to the guy that he bought it off at the cup final who told me Vaulks wants to stay at Falkirk for at least another year. Money talks right enough but do the Sevco have any?

farfawksake
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by farfawksake » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 11:49:00 AM

Sevco have money, but whether they have enough of it is another story, they paid 200k for the boy from Wigan, imo Vaulks is worth more than that.

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 01:42:55 PM

Hope it's not true but if Will is off then Sevco will need to pay more money they don't have. He signed a contract extension before the Queens cup tie.

Tactical Foul
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by Tactical Foul » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 04:50:40 PM

If they are interested and we don't need to sell then it would have to be a huge amount of money (and hopefully a huge wage for Vaulks as I think he deserves it due to how he came to us) and as Quidsin says, I can't see Rangers having that money. Also reckon Vaulks should be aiming higher.

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 05:19:02 PM

farfawksake wrote:Sevco have money, but whether they have enough of it is another story, they paid 200k for the boy from Wigan, imo Vaulks is worth more than that.
They haven't paid, yet, they've agreed a fee, big difference.
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Hannibal Lecturer
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Hannibal Lecturer » Thursday 18th 2015f June 2015 05:24:17 PM

Tactical Foul wrote:If they are interested and we don't need to sell then it would have to be a huge amount of money (and hopefully a huge wage for Vaulks as I think he deserves it due to how he came to us) and as Quidsin says, I can't see Rangers having that money. Also reckon Vaulks should be aiming higher.
Vaulks is ok but that's about it IMO. I really don't get the hype about him. Give us the money and good luck to him, deserves a wee pay day after playing for nowt.

FFCSLAING10
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by FFCSLAING10 » Friday 19th 2015f June 2015 10:33:46 AM

Stv news app features an out of contract eleven and there could be a couple of realistic targets particularly at right back. Keith Watson who was part of Houstys Utd side that won the scottish cup.

SPFL out-of-contract XI: Who could your team sign on a free transfer?
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celt ... -transfer/

Sent from the STV iPhone App, go to www.stv.tv/iphone

Sent from my iPhone
Better meddle wi' the devil, than the Bairns o' Falkirk

alba bairn

Post by alba bairn » Friday 19th 2015f June 2015 11:57:03 AM

FFCSLAING10 wrote:Stv news app features an out of contract eleven and there could be a couple of realistic targets particularly at right back. Keith Watson who was part of Houstys Utd side that won the scottish cup.

Sent from the STV iPhone App, go to http://www.stv.tv/iphone

Sent from my iPhone
Eremenko and Higgi have ability to unlock defences, but both just as capable of being rotten. Clarkson - meh (I think is the expression the younger generation use).

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Friday 19th 2015f June 2015 12:43:17 PM

alba bairn wrote:
FFCSLAING10 wrote:Stv news app features an out of contract eleven and there could be a couple of realistic targets particularly at right back. Keith Watson who was part of Houstys Utd side that won the scottish cup.

Sent from the STV iPhone App, go to http://www.stv.tv/iphone

Sent from my iPhone
Eremenko and Higgi have ability to unlock defences, but both just as capable of being rotten. Clarkson - meh (I think is the expression the younger generation use).
Surely it would make sense to bring Higgy back to us. That would be awesome if he did. He's never been as good since leaving.