Ramil Sheriff

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
lovesgreatadventure
International Sub
International Sub

Ramil Sheriff

Post by lovesgreatadventure » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 02:17:56 AM

Thought this would have been up a bit earlier tonight. Heard a few rumblings at the game today that we were looking to sign this boy. It's another ex Norwich player. Honestly don't know anything about him, to be fair it was hard enough to find the right spelling of his name! I guess Holt knows what he is capable of. Hope he's a centre half so Kingsley can get back out to the left (nothing against Turnbull)
In the bag:
Dixie Chicken
buscjohn1
geeo41
bulletfaefalkirk

comeonyebairns
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: Ramil Sheriff

Post by comeonyebairns » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 08:41:48 AM

A centre half but only 19
We're blue we're white we're falkirk dynamite

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 09:48:05 AM

no thanks, we have enough kids. time for experience

John McLean
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by John McLean » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 10:21:05 AM

If he's better than what we have then great we look weak at the back. Agree we need experience though...can't see who they're going to bring in if anyone however.
Live Free or Die Hard

optimist
International Sub
International Sub

Post by optimist » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 01:03:44 PM

I'd rather have a quality youngster than a journeyman who's been around for 10 years achieving the square root of f*ck all.

There seems to be anxiety over lack of experience, to the point where our fans will accept any name they have heard of before, regardless of the fact that they might have been bench warmers for the past few years.

Looking at other squads who are meant to be our competitors for the league, I'm not overly worried that we are lacking in comparison. The only teams that have decent levels of experience are Dundee and Morton, and most of them wouldn't be what we are looking for.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/football/player_profiles.asp
Are we worried about the useless Kevin McBride, the geriatric Matt Lockwood, Peter "Treatment Table" MacDonald, or Gavin "Cripple" Rae? And their other 2 forwards made up of an ex-junior and a lower league player unproven at this level? Riley and Conroy are good, but we have players just as good in Alston and McGrandles.

http://www.gmfc.net/Squad/
And how about Morton? Anyone in that squad to get overly excited about? They've lost their best player in Tidser, and out of the whole lot I would maybe take Archie Campbell.

http://www.qosfc.com/players
I wouldn't take one player out of this lot. Bloody hell, Chris Mitchell is a first pick in that team and he wouldn't get a game with us!

http://www.raithrovers.net/players
I would take Gordon Smith, but we were never getting him with McGlynn in charge of the Rovers. Elliot and Moon are decent enough but aren't going to take us forward.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/team.php
I wouldn't be surprised if you see them at the other end of the table this year - I'd take McNulty, but not exactly bristling with the experience we seem to seek.

Alloa, Hamilton, Dumbarton, and Cowdenbeath aren't worth talking about.
http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/first-team-squad.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Academical_F.C. (no squad on website)
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/sq ... SquadID=24
http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php? ... am&catId=5
Always look on the bright side of life!

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 01:18:10 PM

Ramil Sherriff details on wiki and an article. The lad's Jamaican.
Holt and Brookes contact list is bearing fruit (possibly). Ollie, Roberts and Sherriff(?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80 ... players-18
http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norw ... _1_2203265
The club also confirmed in a statement released on their official site that development squad players Ramil Sheriff and Olumide Durojaiye have also been released – Durojaiye having already agreed a move to Gary Holt’s Falkirk.
The statement read: “Norwich City football club would like to place on record its sincere thanks to all of the lads for their service and commitment to the Canaries and wish them all the very best for the future.”
Hughton added: “I’d like to personally thank every single one of these lads, their attitude this season has been first class. They are all top individuals and we wish them all the very best.”
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 02:22:04 PM

optimist wrote:I'd rather have a quality youngster than a journeyman who's been around for 10 years achieving the square root of f*ck all.

There seems to be anxiety over lack of experience, to the point where our fans will accept any name they have heard of before, regardless of the fact that they might have been bench warmers for the past few years.

Looking at other squads who are meant to be our competitors for the league, I'm not overly worried that we are lacking in comparison. The only teams that have decent levels of experience are Dundee and Morton, and most of them wouldn't be what we are looking for.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/football/player_profiles.asp
Are we worried about the useless Kevin McBride, the geriatric Matt Lockwood, Peter "Treatment Table" MacDonald, or Gavin "Cripple" Rae? And their other 2 forwards made up of an ex-junior and a lower league player unproven at this level? Riley and Conroy are good, but we have players just as good in Alston and McGrandles.

http://www.gmfc.net/Squad/
And how about Morton? Anyone in that squad to get overly excited about? They've lost their best player in Tidser, and out of the whole lot I would maybe take Archie Campbell.

http://www.qosfc.com/players
I wouldn't take one player out of this lot. Bloody hell, Chris Mitchell is a first pick in that team and he wouldn't get a game with us!

http://www.raithrovers.net/players
I would take Gordon Smith, but we were never getting him with McGlynn in charge of the Rovers. Elliot and Moon are decent enough but aren't going to take us forward.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/team.php
I wouldn't be surprised if you see them at the other end of the table this year - I'd take McNulty, but not exactly bristling with the experience we seem to seek.

Alloa, Hamilton, Dumbarton, and Cowdenbeath aren't worth talking about.
http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/first-team-squad.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Academical_F.C. (no squad on website)
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/sq ... SquadID=24
http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php? ... am&catId=5
well the geriatrics at dundee may surprise you, also carlo monti has been scoring freely for dundee in pre season so i think we should be wary of dundee, as for morton i would have dougie imrie, i believe he is a good player, archie campbell is mince if you ask me. gordon smith is a good player but i believe we have a similar player in roberts so that doesnt really matter. allan walker at raith is a good player as ive said many times, always controls things against us. alloa wont be winning the league but they could be tricky particularly with andy kirk there now. i think your underestimating our opponents and overestimating our team. we ought to wait and see who else comes in but i could say now that i do not believe that squad could win a league

optimist
International Sub
International Sub

Post by optimist » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 03:01:02 PM

CRAIG_93_FFC wrote:well the geriatrics at dundee may surprise you, also carlo monti has been scoring freely for dundee in pre season so i think we should be wary of dundee, as for morton i would have dougie imrie, i believe he is a good player, archie campbell is mince if you ask me. gordon smith is a good player but i believe we have a similar player in roberts so that doesnt really matter. allan walker at raith is a good player as ive said many times, always controls things against us. alloa wont be winning the league but they could be tricky particularly with andy kirk there now. i think your underestimating our opponents and overestimating our team. we ought to wait and see who else comes in but i could say now that i do not believe that squad could win a league
I'll give you Imrie, forgot about him (although he is a wee sh1te!).

Do you mean the Allan Walker that was released by Raith Rovers in the Summer and is now playing for Brechin in the league below? We probably don't have to worry about him.

Andy Kirk has been done for a while and was behind a few poor players at Dunfermline last year.

Carlo Monti has apparently scored 5 in preseason but that is meaningless - a penalty against Montrose, a goal against Forfar, another penalty against Clyde, a goal against St Johnstone reserves, and a 5th goal which appears not to exist as they only played 4 preseason games and he scored one in each as per the Dundee FC website. Then he scores another penalty against Alloa yesterday - not exactly wetting myself.

I think we have a tendency to overestimate our opponents and underestimate our team simply because they are young - most squads are young or made up of journeymen, or a combination of both in this league. I'm not saying we're going to win the league, but we should be able to compete with what we have (although I'd like another centre half and striker). There are maybe only 2 or 3 players in the First Division that I would have in our first team ahead of the players we have at the moment.

RobBairn1876
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by RobBairn1876 » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 03:19:21 PM

Someone on One F daring to be positive?! :shock: Off with his head!

AL_bairn
Reserve first team
Reserve first team

Post by AL_bairn » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 03:34:23 PM

RobBairn1876 wrote:Someone on One F daring to be positive?! :shock: Off with his head!

Haha I was thinking the same thing, it's good to read something positive for once instead if the usual doom and gloom rubbish on here :)

CRAIG_93_FFC
International Sub
International Sub

Post by CRAIG_93_FFC » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 03:37:22 PM

optimist wrote:
CRAIG_93_FFC wrote:well the geriatrics at dundee may surprise you, also carlo monti has been scoring freely for dundee in pre season so i think we should be wary of dundee, as for morton i would have dougie imrie, i believe he is a good player, archie campbell is mince if you ask me. gordon smith is a good player but i believe we have a similar player in roberts so that doesnt really matter. allan walker at raith is a good player as ive said many times, always controls things against us. alloa wont be winning the league but they could be tricky particularly with andy kirk there now. i think your underestimating our opponents and overestimating our team. we ought to wait and see who else comes in but i could say now that i do not believe that squad could win a league

Do you mean the Allan Walker that was released by Raith Rovers in the Summer and is now playing for Brechin in the league below? We probably don't have to worry about him.

Andy Kirk has been done for a while and was behind a few poor players at Dunfermline last year.

Carlo Monti has apparently scored 5 in preseason but that is meaningless - a penalty against Montrose, a goal against Forfar, another penalty against Clyde, a goal against St Johnstone reserves, and a 5th goal which appears not to exist as they only played 4 preseason games and he scored one in each as per the Dundee FC website. Then he scores another penalty against Alloa yesterday - not exactly wetting myself.

I think we have a tendency to overestimate our opponents and underestimate our team simply because they are young - most squads are young or made up of journeymen, or a combination of both in this league. I'm not saying we're going to win the league, but we should be able to compete with what we have (although I'd like another centre half and striker). There are maybe only 2 or 3 players in the First Division that I would have in our first team ahead of the players we have at the moment.
i was waiting on that, i havent been paying attention to the other teams, ok well i concede that much but there are plenty of teams with good players, we arent the finished article and anybody who thinks we are is in for a nasty shock

optimist
International Sub
International Sub

Post by optimist » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 04:01:45 PM

CRAIG_93_FFC wrote:
optimist wrote:

i was waiting on that, i havent been paying attention to the other teams, ok well i concede that much but there are plenty of teams with good players, we arent the finished article and anybody who thinks we are is in for a nasty shock
Agreed there, we definitely aren't.

Bid SOD and Turnbull played their first ever competitive games yesterday. Vaulks his 7th, Leahy his 10th.

The player in the side with the most appearance for us is Duffie with 110, while McGovern is our most experienced player with only 186 in his career.

Most of our first team have 2 season's worth of competitive experience. But you can now see them becoming men, with McGrandles, Sibbald, Kingsley (in particular) and Jay much more solid. We were playing a bunch of big cluggers yesterday and we stood up to it fairly comfortably. I don't think we'll be bullied off the ball like in the past 2 seasons.

Most of our first team have been to 2 national semi-finals at Hampden though where they narrowly lost, have defeated Rangers and Dundee United, and have won the Ramsdens Cup - surely that stands them in good stead?

I look at our team and see more natural ability than the other teams in our league and a group which is becoming physically stronger - whether Gary Holt can mould an effective team and translate this into wins and points has yet to be seen. But it's going to be fun finding out!

Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager

Post by Quidsin » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 04:37:20 PM

optimist wrote: Bid SOD and Turnbull played their first ever competitive games yesterday. Vaulks his 7th, Leahy his 10th.

The player in the side with the most appearance for us is Duffie with 110, while McGovern is our most experienced player with only 186 in his career.

Most of our first team have 2 season's worth of competitive experience. But you can now see them becoming men, with McGrandles, Sibbald, Kingsley (in particular) and Jay much more solid. We were playing a bunch of big cluggers yesterday and we stood up to it fairly comfortably. I don't think we'll be bullied off the ball like in the past 2 seasons.

Most of our first team have been to 2 national semi-finals at Hampden though where they narrowly lost, have defeated Rangers and Dundee United, and have won the Ramsdens Cup - surely that stands them in good stead?

I look at our team and see more natural ability than the other teams in our league and a group which is becoming physically stronger - whether Gary Holt can mould an effective team and translate this into wins and points has yet to be seen. But it's going to be fun finding out!
There's definitely something in what you're saying. These kids are growing and getting stronger physically with every passing month. I noticed Alston, McGrandles and Sibbs (in particular) have bulked out. Be it puberty (!) or Holt's training regime, the difference is there to see. Which makes me wonder whether the BODs have factored this in to account with the lack of signings, although I'm loathed to credit them with that level of foresight. We've been talking about 'kids' for the last few seasons, but some of these kids are now young men and if we see them playing like that this season then we might be pleasantly surprised.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub

Post by falkirk daft » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 05:06:41 PM

In reply to the Monti fear, didn't Leahy score a few last pre season?

More to the point, why is it if we rattle in 50 v anyone in a friendly its not to be acknowledged because its "only a friendly" but we are to worry about Monti?
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Kiddy » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 07:02:04 PM

Surely if we gave a shot to the Sheriff, we'd need to sign a Deputy?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

Brian Scrimegour
International Regular
International Regular

Post by Brian Scrimegour » Sunday 28th 2013f July 2013 10:59:04 PM

Partick Thistle were hardly brilliant last season though and yet they still ended up 25 points ahead of us. With the squad we currently have 4th place will be a good result.

falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub

Post by falkirk daft » Monday 29th 2013f July 2013 12:17:45 AM

Kiddy wrote:Surely if we gave a shot to the Sheriff, we'd need to sign a Deputy?

The Jury is still out on that.

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry :oops:
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

Bairn4Eva
Under 21 International
Under 21 International

Post by Bairn4Eva » Monday 29th 2013f July 2013 08:18:46 PM

Come on Gary, get this powerhouse signed up pronto.