Darryl Duffy Return?

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
User avatar
BigAl2011
Reserve first team
Reserve first team
Posts: 373
Joined: Sunday 08th 2012f January 2012 10:15:36 AM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by BigAl2011 » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 11:48:00 AM

Quidsin wrote:If true, a strike pairing of Taylor and Duffy would be awesome. We'd have enough firepower to win the league. As mentioned, Duffy's in his prime and it would be a good time to sign him. Even after a year's contract I'm sure there would be buyers for his services at his age, if he chose to leave.
Would it work tho' - remember Taylor for all his goals this past season has a tendency to be selfish?

And we'd need more than two strikers - remember nobody likes us (trivial bookings leading to suspensions) not to mention injuries

User avatar
RobBairn1876
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2284
Joined: Friday 13th 2012f January 2012 06:45:57 PM
Location: Stirling

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by RobBairn1876 » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 01:57:23 PM

BigAl2011 wrote:
Quidsin wrote:If true, a strike pairing of Taylor and Duffy would be awesome. We'd have enough firepower to win the league. As mentioned, Duffy's in his prime and it would be a good time to sign him. Even after a year's contract I'm sure there would be buyers for his services at his age, if he chose to leave.
Would it work tho' - remember Taylor for all his goals this past season has a tendency to be selfish?

And we'd need more than two strikers - remember nobody likes us (trivial bookings leading to suspensions) not to mention injuries
Taylor and Duffy backed up by young players would be fine I reckon. We've got 2 good prospects in Bia-bi and Small signed up for back up.
Image

User avatar
yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular
Posts: 1362
Joined: Tuesday 01st 2005f March 2005 03:51:13 PM
Location: Livingston

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by yogisbairns » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 07:13:29 PM

My preference is for a centre forward to be in the box or thereabouts. Not out on the wing or totally isolated, tiring themselves out in the process. Like I say, that's only my preference.
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

User avatar
RobBairn1876
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2284
Joined: Friday 13th 2012f January 2012 06:45:57 PM
Location: Stirling

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by RobBairn1876 » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 08:47:43 PM

yogisbairns wrote:My preference is for a centre forward to be in the box or thereabouts. Not out on the wing or totally isolated, tiring themselves out in the process. Like I say, that's only my preference.
Doesn't matter, they still can't score without assistance.
Image

User avatar
Kiddy
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 20411
Joined: Wednesday 03rd 2004f March 2004 01:03:19 AM
Location: Bellsdyke

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Kiddy » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 09:23:28 PM

Could Kenny Ashwood be attracted back from the beach?
No financial regulation, no corporate governance, no enlarged divisions, no summer football, no single ruling body, no new cash, no integrity. Behold the 'bright new dawn' for Scottish football,

User avatar
yogisbairns
First Team regular
First Team regular
Posts: 1362
Joined: Tuesday 01st 2005f March 2005 03:51:13 PM
Location: Livingston

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by yogisbairns » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 09:24:46 PM

RobBairn1876 wrote:
yogisbairns wrote:My preference is for a centre forward to be in the box or thereabouts. Not out on the wing or totally isolated, tiring themselves out in the process. Like I say, that's only my preference.
Doesn't matter, they still can't score without assistance.
Most goals have an assist, whether the goalie punts it up to you or you get a through ball or you beat 5 men from the halfway line.The point I 'm trying to make (not particularly well) is I'd rather see our centre forward using his energy efficiently. Just as I'd like to see a right back play at right back, and not over on the left. Simples!......well I think so.
Imagedont matter if your not good at anything, as long as you look as if you know what your doing!(Remember, image is all)!

User avatar
Quidsin
Experianced Manager
Experianced Manager
Posts: 8008
Joined: Monday 17th 2006f April 2006 08:38:00 PM
Location: Play-offs in the bag. Hail Spiffle!

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Quidsin » Thursday 30th 2013f May 2013 09:52:10 PM

yogisbairns wrote: Most goals have an assist, whether the goalie punts it up to you or you get a through ball or you beat 5 men from the halfway line.The point I 'm trying to make (not particularly well) is I'd rather see our centre forward using his energy efficiently. Just as I'd like to see a right back play at right back, and not over on the left. Simples!......well I think so.
I see your point. Taylor does like to drift wide from time to time and run the channel then provide a cross. It's on these occasions we need Duffy in the box to meet the ball with his head! The perfect foil.
SAFE TERRACING FOR TFS EAST STAND.
"Falkirk Flyfishing, my name yes, it's Paul J Hartley"

Duncan Freemason
First Team superstar
First Team superstar
Posts: 1685
Joined: Monday 17th 2010f May 2010 05:28:07 AM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Duncan Freemason » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 04:28:05 PM

I would imagine Duffy will go elsewhere. Morton, Dundee and QotS will represent 100% of next season's chequebook clubs, and one of them might take a chance on him.I doubt very much that we will compete with any of those three in terms of splashing the cash. Morton are on a "now or never" punt at the title, and Dundee haven't learned any lessons at all.
Don't know where Duffy will end up, but it won't be TFS.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Dade » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 04:54:48 PM

To be honest I'd rather we use any money for Duffy into trying to get Taylor to sign an extended contract.

I'd prefer to see us take stock of the good players we bring through that will be worth money than spend a high wage on someone who is a potential risk and to be honest not in the area of the pitch that needs improved the least.

If we had done this the previous season then we might have got money for Millar and Farid. We could quite easily end up losing Lyle for nothing or not a patch of what is real value is so as I said I'd rather try to keep him by upping his wages and take a chance on another Taylor/Farid type or get a loan player in than pay a high wage on Duffy
Last edited by Dade on Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 05:50:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by geeo41 » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 05:00:13 PM

Dade wrote:To be honest I'd rather we use any money for Duffy into trying to get Taylor to sign an extended contract.

I'd prefer to see us take stock of the good players we bring through that will be worth money than spend a high wage on someone who is a potential risk and to be honest not in the area of the pitch that needs improved the most.

If we had done this the previous season then we might have got money for Millar and Farid. We could quite easily end up losing Lyle for nothing or not a patch of what is real value is so as I said I'd rather try to keep him by upping his wages and take a chance on another Taylor/Farid type or get a loan player in than pay a high wage on Duffy
High wage on anyone is not going to happen any time soon i would think.
Here is what is on offer, take it or leave it would be the mantra, and with hundreds of players looking for clubs at every level, quite right as well.

User avatar
falkirk daft
International Sub
International Sub
Posts: 4411
Joined: Monday 02nd 2008f June 2008 04:55:19 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by falkirk daft » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 06:48:13 PM

Has one f suddenly got a mad notion that we pay high wages?
We have a wage cap in place and Duffy will be offered that limit, take it or leave it.
Shareholder since Dec 09.

Fearless or feart, It's your call Mr Holt.

How much more will Falkirk fans take if you pick wrong?

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by geeo41 » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 07:23:25 PM

falkirk daft wrote:Has one f suddenly got a mad notion that we pay high wages?
We have a wage cap in place and Duffy will be offered that limit, take it or leave it.
Correct.
I suppose this leaves us with 2 types of player, the young guys trying to win a move to a bigger club/wage, or a more experienced player trying to just get a club in difficult times but has to try a leg so he can get back to the wages he has had in the past.
Properly managed it can work, however, over reliance on youth under pressley coupled with his poor tactics have left us without a challenge the last 2 seasons.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Dade » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 07:40:49 PM

Its all relative though. I don't know what our cap is but my point was that Lyle is probably not near the top end of it so we should be offering him the most we can before Duffy, which I presume we'd have to in order to persuade him to come to us.

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by geeo41 » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 08:12:38 PM

Dade wrote:Its all relative though. I don't know what our cap is but my point was that Lyle is probably not near the top end of it so we should be offering him the most we can before Duffy, which I presume we'd have to in order to persuade him to come to us.
So the question is, how high is a wage cap, answer seems obvious to me.
Taylor was happy enough with a 2 year deal at the wages he was offered, if he wants any increase at all under your thinking then he must add another year onto his year left, otherwise we are just giving him more to stay when we can simply tell him he is not for sale.

Dade
Under 21 International
Under 21 International
Posts: 2337
Joined: Wednesday 24th 2007f January 2007 03:21:40 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by Dade » Friday 31st 2013f May 2013 11:25:02 PM

geeo41 wrote:
Dade wrote:Its all relative though. I don't know what our cap is but my point was that Lyle is probably not near the top end of it so we should be offering him the most we can before Duffy, which I presume we'd have to in order to persuade him to come to us.
So the question is, how high is a wage cap, answer seems obvious to me.
Taylor was happy enough with a 2 year deal at the wages he was offered, if he wants any increase at all under your thinking then he must add another year onto his year left, otherwise we are just giving him more to stay when we can simply tell him he is not for sale.
Ofcourse that is my thinking. Why would I want us to give him more money for the same length of contract? I would like to see us try to sign him for at least another year so we don't end up losing him for next to nothing.

craig1finnigan
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 889
Joined: Sunday 28th 2010f November 2010 12:19:28 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by craig1finnigan » Friday 28th 2013f June 2013 10:28:39 PM

Joining Killie for pre-season training.

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar
Posts: 658
Joined: Thursday 29th 2009f January 2009 04:04:38 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by stupac07 » Monday 01st 2013f July 2013 04:20:35 PM

Training with Kilmarnock today so guess this is a non starter.

dunbarbairn
First Team sub
First Team sub
Posts: 809
Joined: Sunday 25th 2004f January 2004 08:03:12 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by dunbarbairn » Monday 01st 2013f July 2013 04:26:51 PM

stupac07 wrote:Training with Kilmarnock today so guess this is a non starter.
We would stuggle to sign Duffy Duck at present, the Shire would beat us to that signing :hammer:

geeo41
International Manager
International Manager
Posts: 16608
Joined: Monday 04th 2007f June 2007 07:47:25 PM

Re: Darryl Duffy Return?

Post by geeo41 » Monday 01st 2013f July 2013 06:50:37 PM

dunbarbairn wrote:
stupac07 wrote:Training with Kilmarnock today so guess this is a non starter.
We would stuggle to sign Duffy Duck at present, the Shire would beat us to that signing :hammer:
You must be quackers if you believe that... :eyebrow:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest