First footing out the door

If someone's going to ask you your source post the message in here!
stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

First footing out the door

Post by stupac07 » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 06:49:04 PM

Well the January transfer window is about to be thrown open who do you think will be first one out the door?

I think Taylor could be due to the way he acted at the end of the Dumbarton game (clapping all the fans for ages) I could be wrong but he seems to me to be the most sellable asset at the moment.

comeonyebairns
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Re: First footing out the door

Post by comeonyebairns » Monday 31st 2013f December 2012 06:51:31 PM

Would be surprised if anyone other than taylor is sought after. As for his post dumbarton clapping i think he just wanted everyone to acknowledge back that he had tried like a bear and scored 3!
We're blue we're white we're falkirk dynamite

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 01st 2013f January 2013 12:37:07 PM

I'd be surprised if anyone would be willing to pay any sort of money for any of our players other than Duffie and Murdoch at the moment. Duffie showed what he is capable of last season and while many get p1ssed off by Murdoch I see another Mark Millar-esque player in there.

I do rate Taylor highly enough but I just don't see a player that a club would consider worth spending the six figure sum we would ask for (at least initially before bending over and accepting a fraction of that).
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

Hannibal Lecturer
First Team superstar
First Team superstar

Post by Hannibal Lecturer » Tuesday 01st 2013f January 2013 12:56:27 PM

Sir Jones wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone would be willing to pay any sort of money for any of our players other than Duffie and Murdoch at the moment. Duffie showed what he is capable of last season and while many get p1ssed off by Murdoch I see another Mark Millar-esque player in there.

I do rate Taylor highly enough but I just don't see a player that a club would consider worth spending the six figure sum we would ask for (at least initially before bending over and accepting a fraction of that).
I'm not so sure. Seemingly Hibs are looking at McGovern and it looks like Griffiths is heading back south as well so a cheeky wee bid for the goalie and Taylor is not out of the question IMO.

Our board are "hawking their mutton" all over the place so the oot door will be off it's hinges shortly and the in door will be nailed shut.

Sir Jones
International Manager
International Manager

Post by Sir Jones » Tuesday 01st 2013f January 2013 01:07:16 PM

I forgot about McGovern but mostly because of his contract situation. He'll sign a pre contract in the next couple of weeks rather than be sold. He's surely going to end up back in the SPL but I cant see anyone desperate enough to spend a few tens of thousands to bring him in early for a few months.
If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.

lovesgreatadventure
International Sub
International Sub

Post by lovesgreatadventure » Wednesday 02nd 2013f January 2013 12:11:28 AM

an english club would surely come in for Taylor? i think the club should definitely be looking at 6 figures for him as a minimum. the bonus is that we have 18 months left on his contract so we should surely be able to hold out for a good price.
In the bag:
Dixie Chicken
buscjohn1
geeo41
bulletfaefalkirk

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by stupac07 » Monday 07th 2013f January 2013 09:40:58 AM

Still no movement MR must be bricking it.

OffshoreBairn
Promising Young Manager
Promising Young Manager

Post by OffshoreBairn » Monday 07th 2013f January 2013 04:16:52 PM

ALL the teams Darn Sarth know Scottish Footy is a busted flush.

Anyone who was/is remotely interesting to any team will have already signed a pre-nup and they will be waiting until the last hours to announce it to get the best deal for the player/agent.
ie: the less money spent on a transfer means a bigger cut/wages for the player/agent, to the detriment of the selling club.
Or it goes to a tribunal black hole where it disappears!

stupac07
Reserve superstar
Reserve superstar

Post by stupac07 » Monday 07th 2013f January 2013 05:12:48 PM

OffshoreBairn wrote:ALL the teams Darn Sarth know Scottish Footy is a busted flush.

Anyone who was/is remotely interesting to any team will have already signed a pre-nup and they will be waiting until the last hours to announce it to get the best deal for the player/agent.
ie: the less money spent on a transfer means a bigger cut/wages for the player/agent, to the detriment of the selling club.
Or it goes to a tribunal black hole where it disappears!
I was actually thinking something similar. English clubs must now be aware that guys like Higgy, Wallace (granted he is young and learning his trade), Goodwillie etc just can't cut it down there so why on earth would they be interested in signing any more of these players. It's certainly a risky business model that our BOD are taking, if selling a player is what we are counting on to keep us alive?